Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (2020) SM-T500NZAAXAC 10.4” 32GB Tablet - $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2021 7:33 am
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3445 posts
3018 upvotes
GVRD
I bought this for a friend for $219 over Perkopolis a few days ago, now this is $199 and stackable with Amazon Back to Work discount? I will be returning the one bought from Samsung.com. Relieved Face
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24782 posts
32509 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Please just be quiet already. The A7 has all around better hardware, screen, battery life and you don't have to deal with Fire OS. You're always chiming in these tablets.
Fair.

Have I introduced you to our lord and savior, Fire HD 10?
Oct 15, 2020
137 posts
90 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone have experience using this tablet with Zwift?
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14689 posts
32271 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I've been on the IOS train for quite some time now and been using iPads. Looking at a new tablet just for basic tasks (99.99% RFD+Reddit+YouTube/streams). The iPad pro looks nice but don't feel like dropping $1k..

$200 is a nice price point. Do those Android tablets bog down after 1-2 years? The one thing I can appreciate about our iPad mini is that it still performs great despite being 5/6 years old.

Do people still root these Android tablets and whatnot?
I don't think you need to spend $1K on an iPad . The basic one would be more than able to do what you need it for . It will also be supported for years compared to any Android tablet but base iPad is double the price .
Always is what people see as a value for $ spent
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7830 posts
8516 upvotes
Vancouver
All right, I give up - I'm going to return the Costco one and order from Amazon. If it was just $30 less vs. the 64 GB SD card, I wouldn't bother. But I added the "pay with TD Reward Points" option on Amazon to see what value I'd get for the points (equivalent to about 1% cash back), and an offer popped up for $30 off my first purchase with points over $100. That would make it $170. That's too tempting!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1340 posts
1976 upvotes
bwr827 wrote: Would this work well running Microsoft Teams for remote learning?

I’d like to be prepared for further Covid issues just in case.
Just the app itself? Yes. Camera is decent and much better than what a laptop will give you. But remember there is no keyboard, mouse here. So will you be needing to do office type documents, a lot of typing?

If so, then you might want to either go laptop, or look at a higher end tablet that comes with things like S-pen, or cover cases that have trackpads and a small keyboard built in.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3765 upvotes
Vancouver
peakingduck wrote: I've been on the IOS train for quite some time now and been using iPads. Looking at a new tablet just for basic tasks (99.99% RFD+Reddit+YouTube/streams). The iPad pro looks nice but don't feel like dropping $1k..

$200 is a nice price point. Do those Android tablets bog down after 1-2 years? The one thing I can appreciate about our iPad mini is that it still performs great despite being 5/6 years old.

Do people still root these Android tablets and whatnot?
iPad Pro isn't designed to compete with this... apple has 3 lines of tablets for this very reason. Honestly Samsung doesn't even have a tablet compete with iPad Pro, their S7+ is really designed to compete with iPad Air. iPad Pro is designed to be more or less competition for Surface Pro.

Samsung generally updates their devices for 2 years so after another year you likely won't receive many updates. You will still get android 11 update but anything after is a mystery. Apple generally is much better with updates (they are still updating ipad air 2... from 2014/2015, tab s2 stopped getting updates years ago for comparison, the official update ended at android 7). Of course its also worth noting you could always do your own unofficial updates on samsung tablets. Samsung has a pretty big user base so there is a lot of 3rd party support for it if you are into that kind of stuff. There are unofficial updates of android 10 for samsung tab s2 so as long as you are willing to update yourself, it really isnt a huge issue. So in short, yes people still "root" these devices and what not. The process is rather simple too.

The one thing to note is Apple tablets generally have less memory but their CPU is quite a bit ahead of SD CPUs. As in multiple generations faster for single core processes (which apply to most apps). Even the 2020 iPad would be quite a bit faster that tab A. In terms of pure CPU power, its actually competition for S7. Of course S7 has a much better screen, memory, speakers, etc (pretty much everything but CPU). Which is why while this is the closest samsung competition for iPad, the regular iPad is priced quite a bit higher (even regular price).
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3119 posts
3145 upvotes
The new 2021 Fire tablet goes down to $159 when on sale (the old Fire tablet used to go down to that price every few weeks, so I imagine this one will be similar). I think for most people the Fire tablet will be of better value. Amazon will support it for much longer than Samsung (Samsung is generally crap when it comes to releasing updates for non-flagship models). There's also a much larger ecosystem of accessories for the Fire tablet
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3626 posts
2286 upvotes
West Coast
Looking for a tablet for my 8 year old. This will be used for Minecraft /Roblox and Netflix etc.

We bought an amazon fire tablet last year and wasn't impressed with it, so she's still using my archaic nexus 7 that seems to never die.

Should I buy this for her and then get her a beefier ipad/S7 tablet in a couple years, or is she going to outgrow the needs of this before then? She has a laptop for school, so I doubt she'll use it for anything too strenuous.

Thank you
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3119 posts
3145 upvotes
User381785 wrote: This is a much better tablet
Could you elaborate? Some of the specs are better on the Samsung but it seems barely so
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14689 posts
32271 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Looking for a tablet for my 8 year old. This will be used for Minecraft /Roblox and Netflix etc.

We bought an amazon fire tablet last year and wasn't impressed with it, so she's still using my archaic nexus 7 that seems to never die.

Should I buy this for her and then get her a beefier ipad/S7 tablet in a couple years, or is she going to outgrow the needs of this before then? She has a laptop for school, so I doubt she'll use it for anything too strenuous.

Thank you
Save yourself a future purchase and get an iPad
Oct 6, 2010
7 posts
1 upvote
Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 256GB for $899.99 any good?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4842 posts
4329 upvotes
Calgary
Paigne wrote: iPad Pro isn't designed to compete with this... apple has 3 lines of tablets for this very reason. Honestly Samsung doesn't even have a tablet compete with iPad Pro, their S7+ is really designed to compete with iPad Air. iPad Pro is designed to be more or less competition for Surface Pro.

Samsung generally updates their devices for 2 years so after another year you likely won't receive many updates. You will still get android 11 update but anything after is a mystery. Apple generally is much better with updates (they are still updating ipad air 2... from 2014/2015, tab s2 stopped getting updates years ago for comparison, the official update ended at android 7). Of course its also worth noting you could always do your own unofficial updates on samsung tablets. Samsung has a pretty big user base so there is a lot of 3rd party support for it if you are into that kind of stuff. There are unofficial updates of android 10 for samsung tab s2 so as long as you are willing to update yourself, it really isnt a huge issue. So in short, yes people still "root" these devices and what not. The process is rather simple too.

The one thing to note is Apple tablets generally have less memory but their CPU is quite a bit ahead of SD CPUs. As in multiple generations faster for single core processes (which apply to most apps). Even the 2020 iPad would be quite a bit faster that tab A. In terms of pure CPU power, its actually competition for S7. Of course S7 has a much better screen, memory, speakers, etc (pretty much everything but CPU). Which is why while this is the closest samsung competition for iPad, the regular iPad is priced quite a bit higher (even regular price).
Yeah, I always find it dumb when people compare the ipad pros with S7+. It's like comparing an Xbox Series X to a PS4.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4842 posts
4329 upvotes
Calgary
Judgment wrote: Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 256GB for $899.99 any good?
I think you even get free Galaxy bud pros if you buy on Samsung store. But might be expired now?

It's pretty good hardware. Doubt theres anything you can find that will run sluggish. It's got the same performance as the S7. So if you can do without an OLED, you could also look at the 11" tab S7 and save a couple hundred dollars.

Personally I find 12"+ to be too big to wield as a tablet, but that's just me. 10"-11" is the perfect size.
teksavvy sucks
Aug 9, 2014
181 posts
301 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP.

Ordered for my mom to use mainly netflix & Youtube watching.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7830 posts
8516 upvotes
Vancouver
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The new 2021 Fire tablet goes down to $159 when on sale (the old Fire tablet used to go down to that price every few weeks, so I imagine this one will be similar). I think for most people the Fire tablet will be of better value. Amazon will support it for much longer than Samsung (Samsung is generally crap when it comes to releasing updates for non-flagship models). There's also a much larger ecosystem of accessories for the Fire tablet
In the past Amazon has released minor security updates for FireOS on their tablets for a couple of years after initial release, then dropped support. The never update the major version number of FireOS or the underlying Android version on a particular tablet model - until recently, when they bumped the 2018 models from FireOS 6 (Android 7) to FireOS 7 (Android 9). Future updates are unpredictable.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2013
520 posts
1880 upvotes
Toronto
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The new 2021 Fire tablet goes down to $159 when on sale (the old Fire tablet used to go down to that price every few weeks, so I imagine this one will be similar). I think for most people the Fire tablet will be of better value. Amazon will support it for much longer than Samsung (Samsung is generally crap when it comes to releasing updates for non-flagship models). There's also a much larger ecosystem of accessories for the Fire tablet
Samsung devices launched in 2019 or later will get security updates for a minimum of 4 years. OS updates varies.

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
And select devices launched in 2019 or later will be supported with firmware security updates for a minimum of four (4) years following their global launch.¹

Monthly, quarterly and biannual firmware security updates will include patches for Android OS related security issues released by Google, as well as, patches for Samsung-specific security issues.
The 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 launched with Android 9 and is upgradeable to Android 11.
May 24, 2008
297 posts
234 upvotes
Mississauga
S6 lite is also on sale on amazon