Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Samsung HW-Q950A/ZC 11.1.4CH Sound Bar for $1798 - $400 off (18%)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2021 9:42 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 4, 2019
6 posts
7 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung HW-Q950A/ZC 11.1.4CH Sound Bar for $1798 - $400 off (18%)

Looking to buy my first sound bar and found this! Top spot on rtings: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/soundbar
19 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3405 posts
4319 upvotes
Oakville
cabeleda wrote: Looking to buy my first sound bar and found this! Top spot on rtings: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/soundbar

You can buy a used Klipsch 5.1 system for this much with 4 times the power and 2 times better sound quality., Frequency range, and better SNR and Impedance to drive them easily.

Sound bars are mainly if you lack money Money Bag or don't want to deal with wires.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Newbie
Dec 16, 2010
8 posts
7 upvotes
Indeed.. hence why I bought one.. can’t stand wires.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 11, 2009
856 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zdpz wrote: Sound bars are mainly if you lack money Money Bag or don't want to deal with wires.
I read wives instead or wires

Imagine paying $1798 for a sound bar, no way.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
99 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought the Q900 set from Visions for ~$900 + GST, so basically just the sound bar and subwoofer. Would definitely recommend that option instead if you're looking to spend significantly less for a great setup.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
5104 posts
2012 upvotes
cabeleda wrote: Looking to buy my first sound bar and found this! Top spot on rtings: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/soundbar
$1800 for a soundbar .... HAHAHA ... and its a Samsung speaker ... hahaha

It only cost me $2,000 for my 7.2 HT setup including the Denon receiver
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Newbie
Apr 2, 2019
44 posts
83 upvotes
I bought N950 few years ago at ~$1200. For this soundbar I'd say $1400~$1500 is warm (consider Q950 is a newer model and better than my N950).
Member
User avatar
Feb 8, 2020
239 posts
542 upvotes
zdpz wrote: You can buy a used Klipsch 5.1 system for this much with 4 times the power and 2 times better sound quality., Frequency range, and better SNR and Impedance to drive them easily.

Sound bars are mainly if you lack money Money Bag or don't want to deal with wires.
Considering the sound bar option is more $$, standard speaker setup is if you lack money actually

Standard speaker setup looks ugly, takes up some more space, and is so much more difficult to setup. Soundbars are definitely the best option for the large majority of people if they can afford the higher cost. Standard speaker setup is great if you're poor and need good sound on a budget.
Last edited by 23LeBronJames on Sep 7th, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello World!
Jr. Member
Apr 29, 2020
114 posts
386 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: Standard speaker setup is great if you're poor and need good sound on a budget.
Tell that to my 5.1.4 klipsch surround system that peaks at 2300 watts while all my friends who have Sonos/Samsung/Bose soundbars suffer buyer's remorse everytime they come over.

(I'm aware that wattage comparison is silly but it's the only number the soundbar kids understand)
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2007
857 posts
220 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Paid $1100 for the Q90R last year. It’s a 7.1.4 system. I don’t regret the purchase but the newer generations don’t feel worth the upgrade despite the higher numbers.

I feel like this price is likely achievable (or better) at your local Visions store. Thx for sharing regardless OP.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Newbie
Jun 7, 2008
80 posts
7 upvotes
I just bought this soundbar @ 1450 via local dealer
The surround sound effect is quite impressive

I was mostly sold by his review
but soundbar haters are gonna hate anyways
Member
Sep 7, 2012
255 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
This soundbar is fantastic -- this price is a bit hefty though. I would recommend you negotiate with a Visions (if you live near one) and you can probably get this a bit cheaper
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 28, 2001
2432 posts
199 upvotes
anzo wrote: I just bought this soundbar @ 1450 via local dealer
The surround sound effect is quite impressive

I was mostly sold by his review
but soundbar haters are gonna hate anyways
2021 Model? 950A?
Member
Mar 27, 2021
274 posts
352 upvotes
zdpz wrote: You can buy a used Klipsch 5.1 system for this much with 4 times the power and 2 times better sound quality., Frequency range, and better SNR and Impedance to drive them easily.

Sound bars are mainly if you lack money Money Bag or don't want to deal with wires.
In this case, it would be wires because if you're spending close to $2000 it's not a lack of money.

Spending that much on a Samsung is a bit much, I would rather choose the Sonos and pray they don't dare to brick it in the future.

Wires and placement are the biggest headaches of home theatres and these systems solve that. The Klispch bar system sounds pretty good and costs way less as a whole package.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Newbie
Aug 20, 2011
80 posts
11 upvotes
cabeleda wrote: Looking to buy my first sound bar and found this! Top spot on rtings: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/soundbar
I got the Sony HTZ9F from Facebook market place $400 and the rear speakers from Kijiji brand new $200. Love the wireless setup amazing sound and clarity.

$1249.00 if you wanna buy brand new for the whole set.


https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-HTZ9F-Surrou ... 372&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-SAZ9R-Surrou ... ics&sr=1-1
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3405 posts
4319 upvotes
Oakville
23LeBronJames wrote: Considering the sound bar option is more $$, standard speaker setup is if you lack money actually

Standard speaker setup looks ugly, takes up some more space, and is so much more difficult to setup. Soundbars are definitely the best option for the large majority of people if they can afford the higher cost. Standard speaker setup is great if you're poor and need good sound on a budget.
Oh I see, you're part of the Monster HDMI cable crowd.

You may be a victim of marketing as you are grossly misinformed.

There's no such thing as "standard speakers". A sound bar is a speaker, there's nothing unique about it except it's wireless connectivity to rear speakers. The size of the sound bar doesn't and shape restrictions greatly limit its ability to compete with other speakers of a lower price.

I don't meant to condscend, but perhaps ask yourself if sound bars are so superior, why do theatres not have one giant sound bar under the screen?

It's like saying if someone doesn't waste money on an over priced garbage Monster HDMI cable and choose a superior quality lower priced Monoprice cable, you tell them they can't afford the luxury of Monster HDMI cables.

For the rest of you folks who don't know anything about speakers, setting them up is a breeze, if you can build Lego, you can setup a 5.1 system with ease. If anyone has issues, PM me, I will call you and answer any question you have because I love good sound and good TVs, and want to help over come the misconceptions plaguing the internet..it's a uphill battle, but you have to start somewhere. Some people choose the housing market, others gun control, I choose educating the public on good quality sound systems
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
5001 posts
4196 upvotes
Edmonton
Everybody talking about wires being ugly. All it takes is half a day of labour to do a clean job of hiding wires to setup a proper audio system. Heck for $2000 you could spend $1500 on system and $500 on install.

I'm not a sound bar hater, I have one in the living room due to space limitations and because I don't care that much about the sound quality in that room.

But at $2000 I'd have a hard time justifying. Especially since these type of systems are proprietary. With separate speakers and receiver you only need to upgrade the receiver to get the newest tech and your original speakers work fine.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3405 posts
4319 upvotes
Oakville
23LeBronJames wrote: Considering the sound bar option is more $$, standard speaker setup is if you lack money actually

Standard speaker setup looks ugly, takes up some more space, and is so much more difficult to setup. Soundbars are definitely the best option for the large majority of people if they can afford the higher cost. Standard speaker setup is great if you're poor and need good sound on a budget.
Cokenrumholdtherum wrote: Tell that to my 5.1.4 klipsch surround system that peaks at 2300 watts while all my friends who have Sonos/Samsung/Bose soundbars suffer buyer's remorse everytime they come over.

(I'm aware that wattage comparison is silly but it's the only number the soundbar kids understand)
jdmfishingonly wrote: $1800 for a soundbar .... HAHAHA ... and its a Samsung speaker ... hahaha

It only cost me $2,000 for my 7.2 HT setup including the Denon receiver
https://www.amazon.ca/Klipsch-RP-600M-H ... 0937&psc=1

23Lebron thinks sound bars cost more than "standard" speakers.

I don't think he knows the price of one tower speaker in most brands for a decent tower is $1,000+. This is without the 16guage wire, banana plugs, without receiver, without mounting hardware.

People are quite delusional.

I attached the closest high quality sound system which is several leagues above the best sound bar out there, because sound bars can't mimic spatial placement of speakers, and there are Bluetooth latency issued, signal degradation in wireless, and wireless noise interference.

Anyone want excellent sound and are ready to spend $1700 on a sound bar, spend the same on a used system with receiver and it will last you 20 years.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Member
User avatar
Feb 8, 2020
239 posts
542 upvotes
zdpz wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/Klipsch-RP-600M-H ... 0937&psc=1

23Lebron thinks sound bars cost more than "standard" speakers.

I don't think he knows the price of one tower speaker in most brands for a decent tower is $1,000+. This is without the 16guage wire, banana plugs, without receiver, without mounting hardware.

People are quite delusional.

I attached the closest high quality sound system which is several leagues above the best sound bar out there, because sound bars can't mimic spatial placement of speakers, and there are Bluetooth latency issued, signal degradation in wireless, and wireless noise interference.

Anyone want excellent sound and are ready to spend $1700 on a sound bar, spend the same on a used system with receiver and it will last you 20 years.
Yikes I seem to have struck a cord with a standard speaker masterrace subscriber lmao.

I was just pointing out that soundbars are significantly easier to setup for laypeople, are much more asthetically pleasing, and generally cost less. All of these reasons are factually true and are exactly why soundbars are sooo much more popular than standard speaker setups. Also, a lot of these super high end soundbars are just as good as any standard speaker setup for the non-audiophiles. The 950A and the bars from B&O and Sennheiser are legit sound systems.

Interestingly you edited your original comment which I was mocking where you first said that soundbars were more expensive, but then concluded that they were for poor people (even though the large majority of people are much more open to spending more on a soundbar than they would ever even consider spending on a standard speaker setup).

Btw, being so butthurt over someone referring to a multi speaker setup as a "standard setup" is a fantastic way to completely turn off the majority of people from wanting to engage with you on this topic lmfao. I doubt you're very successful in your endeavor if this is how you engage with others.
Hello World!

Top