Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2032 posts
471 upvotes
Mississauga

[Amazon.ca] SAMSUNG M7 Series 32-Inch 4K Smart Monitor $299

Samsung 32" 4K monitor for $299.
Appears to be ATL.
Anyone own this? Thinking of upgrading from a 1080P 27".
https://www.amazon.ca/SAMSUNG-32-inch-M ... B08JXG2518
Last edited by guessguy on May 22nd, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
62 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2122 posts
112 upvotes
Medicine Hat
Pretty sure it was this price last year.

It's okay. Not very bright.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3866 posts
3301 upvotes
Hmm back at low price?

Could have swore seen this earlier but deal went dead as price went back up
Jan 2, 2022
40 posts
59 upvotes
Back to ATL prices. It was back at normal prices a few hours ago.
Feb 28, 2020
320 posts
790 upvotes
not bad for a 4K monitor that supports USB-C for simultaneous display signal and charging
Jan 2, 2022
40 posts
59 upvotes
250 nits of brightness is not good enough.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5188 posts
4514 upvotes
Vancouver
LCD TV panel and display driver prices are one of the few things falling this year. This is a Samsung TV disguised as a monitor, so I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped more.
Nov 19, 2018
46 posts
27 upvotes
Asked in another post while got no reply. Does anyone know if VA panel is good for daily office use? I know it normally has narrow view angle and less higher response time, while I don’t think these really matter for office and casual game use? Any other major drawback?
Nov 12, 2017
806 posts
901 upvotes
I have it, pretty good. I think it's plenty bright and I've even reduced the brightness, but I basically just use it as a general monitor and a TV, nothing fancy, not watching movies nor playing games on it.
I think I got it for $350, so this price is worth it to me.
Nov 19, 2018
46 posts
27 upvotes
Spinner wrote: LCD TV panel and display driver prices are one of the few things falling this year. This is a Samsung TV disguised as a monitor, so I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped more.
May I know what’s the diff between TV panel and actual monitor panel? Was deciding which one to get between this and another 27inch 4K Samsung IPS monitor. This one is only $50 more
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2032 posts
471 upvotes
Mississauga
Spinner wrote: LCD TV panel and display driver prices are one of the few things falling this year. This is a Samsung TV disguised as a monitor, so I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped more.
good point. I'm sure there are 32" Samsung 4K TV at this price range.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5188 posts
4514 upvotes
Vancouver
yinan0001 wrote: Asked in another post while got no reply. Does anyone know if VA panel is good for daily office use? I know it normally has narrow view angle and less higher response time, while I don’t think these really matter for office and casual game use? Any other major drawback?
VA panel isn't recommended for office use. Gamers compromise limited viewing angle of VA because it gives them better contrast. But for productivity work, viewing angle is most important because you are moving around in your desk or looking at multiple monitors. This Samsung isn't suitable for office work. It doesn't have DisplayPort (many notebooks cannot output 4K using HDMI) and doesn't have ergonomic stand.
Nov 19, 2018
46 posts
27 upvotes
Spinner wrote: VA panel isn't recommended for office use. Gamers compromise limited viewing angle of VA because it gives them better contrast. But for productivity work, viewing angle is most important because you are moving around in your desk or looking at multiple monitors. This Samsung isn't suitable for office work. It doesn't have DisplayPort (many notebooks cannot output 4K using HDMI) and doesn't have ergonomic stand.
Thank you again for your insight! I will choose an IPS panel then
Jan 22, 2014
76 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought this last year for the same price and have been using it as my primary WFH monitor. I don't have dual monitors so this monitor is front and center on my desk. I find that it's plenty bright as the previous user commented. I actually usually lower the brightness. No issues with viewing angles as I'm not moving from side to side. I've watched Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ and Plex on it, no issues with colour. I've booked it up to a PS4 and Nintendo Switch at different times and found no issues playing games on it. Though I am not a PC gamer so cannot comment on that aspect. Overall very satisfied with it, especially for this price.
May 29, 2012
342 posts
138 upvotes
I have this monitor as extended display, viewing angle is fine. This is too big for office use for most people but I use it to have multiple remote desktops. It has USB-PD to power your laptop too which makes this a hot deal. The monitor has built-in Office 365 apps let you connect directly to use Word and Excel Online without a PC, speed is on the slow side but it works. There is a built-in RDP app too but I never try it.
yinan0001 wrote: Asked in another post while got no reply. Does anyone know if VA panel is good for daily office use? I know it normally has narrow view angle and less higher response time, while I don’t think these really matter for office and casual game use? Any other major drawback?
Jan 13, 2022
66 posts
190 upvotes
I have an LG with VA panel, also 4k 32". Its good for home/office use, I look at it straight on and it looks fine to me, nice colors and honestly I'm not enough of a professional to be able to tell if the colors are off or not, but overall, looks pretty good to me
Nov 19, 2018
46 posts
27 upvotes
ihearyou wrote: I have this monitor as extended display, viewing angle is fine. This is too big for office use for most people but I use it to have multiple remote desktops. It has USB-PD to power your laptop too which makes this a hot deal. The monitor has built-in Office 365 apps let you connect directly to use Word and Excel Online without a PC, speed is on the slow side but it works. There is a built-in RDP app too but I never try it.
Thank you!
Nov 19, 2018
46 posts
27 upvotes
victok1 wrote: I have an LG with VA panel, also 4k 32". Its good for home/office use, I look at it straight on and it looks fine to me, nice colors and honestly I'm not enough of a professional to be able to tell if the colors are off or not, but overall, looks pretty good to me
Thank you for sharing!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7191 posts
1520 upvotes
Toronto
I have a Samsung 32" 4k VA monitor, it looks to be an older model than the one in this thread so I do not know how applicable my experience is.

The viewing angle on my monitor is fine, the colors are pretty crap compared to my dell ultrasharp and it is harder on my eyes than my dell ultrasharp. 32 inches is what I would consider the minimum for 4k otherwise you have to scale the windows UI to the point where it defeats the 4k resolution, I scale mine at 150% which is already pretty high.

I think 34-36 inches is the sweet spot for 4k monitors but there are no cheap options in that size.

A few weeks back there was a 27" IPS 4k monitor for $250, if you are not doing technical work and do not need so much screen real estate then that is likely a better option.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Mar 13, 2020
53 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
yinan0001 wrote: May I know what’s the diff between TV panel and actual monitor panel? Was deciding which one to get between this and another 27inch 4K Samsung IPS monitor. This one is only $50 more
Do you have a link to 27" 4k Samsung for $250? Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)