Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

SAMSUNG M7 Series 32-Inch 4K Smart Monitor $299

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2022 12:44 pm
Nov 21, 2016
486 posts
779 upvotes
abbotsford
generaltao99 wrote: I bought one but haven't opened the box yet. I'll give it a look later today. Which model did you get?
Thanks let us knoe and I got the one with the PN (2022) but it’s all the same me thinks

I can confirm it does 4:4:4 4k60 at only 8 bit colour depth. It wasn’t working at first but a different cable worked. Haven’t tried the cable that came with the monitor yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3187 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
I got the PN and it is definitely a glossy finish. If it's a screen protector I don't see anywhere obvious to peel it.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2008
1142 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
Mine arrived today as well. 2022 model. 3 dead pixels and a blotchy grey area on the top right of the screen. Dammit.

Comparing this to my recently purchased LG 4K VA monitor, the Samsung colours are not quite as vibrant, although I can’t seem to get access to some of the PQ settings as they’re all greyed out.

Screen looks pretty matte to me, not too glossy.

Love all the smart features and the fact this feels more like a smart TV than a monitor, but I got dead pixels in the last 4 monitors.

Torn between the two screens. About the same price now just gotta decide if the smart features worth the slightly duller colours.
Feb 6, 2011
73 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Sojoph wrote: Yep, same monitor. Just that the original link in the opening post is for the 2020 model (LS32AM702UNXZA), which only just sold out fairly recently, and you've found the newer 2022 model (LS32AM702PNXZA).

The OP could update the link in the first post to the 2022 model since that's still in stock and at the same price.

Specs are pretty much near identical between the 2020 and 2022 models. The one big difference is the updated design for the remote that comes with the monitor.
Turns out there is a difference in specs between the two versions of the 32” M7 monitors
BestBuy claims the LS32AM702UNXZAR Model has 8ms response time while the LS32AM702PNXZA Model has 1ms response time and an extra USB port.

Remote is also different between these two models, you can see it in the BestBuy screenshots.
Confusingly, Amazon lists different model numbers for the 2020 LS32AM702UNXZA listing and 2022 LS32AM702PNXZA listing.
Last edited by Kalid360 on May 22nd, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2014
314 posts
605 upvotes
Got the PN today. The screen wasn't noticeably gloss to me but my monitor isn't by a window but do have a light behind it but don't notice a reflection. Pretty matte.

The noticable issue is the viewing angle on this thing is terrible. The greens are also not great but can probably mess around with the settings for that.
Dec 27, 2008
518 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the PN from Amazon. Mine is glossy finish as well. I have a couple dead pixels on the top right. I’ll need to get it replaced. Gotta love dead pixels…
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3187 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
Bummer. Got a pixel perfect screen but I want that matte finish. Can those with the matte finish post a pic of how reflective the screen is under overhead lights?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2019
1396 posts
1922 upvotes
Hamilton
snackk wrote: I got the PN from Amazon. Mine is glossy finish as well. I have a couple dead pixels on the top right. I’ll need to get it replaced. Gotta love dead pixels…
look really close i bet its dust and not dead pixels. Made in Mexico poor quality control
May 22, 2022
21 posts
55 upvotes
Kalid360 wrote: Turns out there is a difference in specs between the two versions of the 32” M7 monitors
BestBuy claims the LS32AM702UNXZAR Model has 8ms response time while the LS32AM702PNXZA Model has 1ms response time and an extra USB port.

Remote is also different between these two models, you can see it in the BestBuy screenshots.
Confusingly, Amazon lists different model numbers for the 2020 LS32AM702UNXZA listing and 2022 LS32AM702PNXZA listing.
Wondering if this is a typo on BestBuy. Samsung says 8ms on their page: https://www.samsung.com/ca/monitors/hig ... m702pnxza/

Based on Korean sources, the 2022 model is supposed to have 4ms and 300 nits brightness upgrade vs. 2020 model, but this only applies to models with bm702. The am702pn model is probably a late 2021 revision with old specs and glossy finish. Happens time to time when there’s a significant change in suppliers or cheaper sources are found.
Jul 3, 2015
344 posts
951 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Kalid360 wrote: Turns out there is a difference in specs between the two versions of the 32” M7 monitors

Yeah, I had noticed the difference in response time as well, but I think that's a typo and error on Best Buy's part. Samsung's official Canadian and US pages and other retailers state the response time being the same 8ms between both models. It's why I ended up linking the Samsung Canada pages in my response instead of the Best Buy pages (as I originally intended).

And yeah, I mentioned in my post that the remote is different between the 2020 and 2022 models with an updated design.

The different model numbers for Samsung products that retailers will use is actually something fairly common. For whatever reason, Samsung will release something with a specific model number as the base, and then for certain retailers, they may add a random letter or two at the end of the number. The common theory behind this -- since it hasn't really been officially confirmed by Samsung -- is that it helps certainly retailers to not honour their established price matching policy (eg. Best Buy).

For example, if a retailer that Samsung doesn't include in their "authorized dealer" program posts the LS32AM702UNXZA for $149.99 on their webpage/flyer and someone takes it to Best Buy to try and price match, then Best Buy can technically deny the price match by saying that it's not the same monitor; they carry the LS32AM702UNXZAR.

That one extra letter at the end "protects" them on a technicality, and they can continue to price the product at Samsung's authorized pricing which lets them continue to be a Samsung "authorized dealer." Sure, some employees won't notice it or won't care and just let the price match through, but technically they can deny the price match if they wanted to. And in the end, Best Buy can report to Samsung that the model numbers are indeed different, so they are doing their part to stick with Samsung's allowed pricing.

It's just something that has been going on for years and years now across multiple retailers, especially Best Buy.

And even though everyone knows deep down of the hijinks going on, the argument can't officially be made and recognized that it's "just one letter, the model is clearly exactly the same, so just let the price match through" because year-to-year models -- for Samsung and other brands/manufacturers alike -- are officially represented sometimes by a single letter or number being different in the model number; eg. The 2020 and 2022 models for this monitor changes that "U" to a "P."
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
any cheap 120hz 4k tv or monitors? i need to upgrade from 32in 1440p HP omen va panel

tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
Spinner wrote: VA panel isn't recommended for office use. Gamers compromise limited viewing angle of VA because it gives them better contrast. But for productivity work, viewing angle is most important because you are moving around in your desk or looking at multiple monitors. This Samsung isn't suitable for office work. It doesn't have DisplayPort (many notebooks cannot output 4K using HDMI) and doesn't have ergonomic stand.
"Isn't suitable for office work." I would respectfully disagree.

I have been running one with my home office setup for over a year now and I really enjoy it. "Many notebooks cannot output 4K using HDMI". Maybe. Just make sure yours does, or can support the 4K over USB-C.

The stand tilts, but also has a VESA mount. If you need an adjustable stand, just add one.
Aug 25, 2013
412 posts
536 upvotes
A bunch of us got the M7 last year and ended up returning/replacing it, mostly due to dead pixels and/or poor quality control. I replaced mine 3 times and finally settled for a few dead pixels. It was acceptable until it started flickering randomly on the left side of the screen a few weeks ago -- just as soon as my warranty ended. Maybe the 2022 model is better?

Anyway, inspect it very very carefully when you receive it.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2001
2504 posts
317 upvotes
This monitor is plenty bright. I own 3, and use 2 of them as TVs.

For reference I also own 2 Odyssey G9s.
Apr 13, 2007
3 posts
Burnaby
So I just received my LS32AM720PNXZA ordered off amazon.
Is there a protective film over top of the screen?
I am see some inverted text in 2 different parts of the screen.
image.jpg
Looking closely at the screen it seems like the text could also be damaged pixels.
So I am not sure what to do.
If anyone has recently received this monitor and could comment, that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jan 13, 2013
979 posts
1522 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
eson8991 wrote: So I just received my LS32AM720PNXZA ordered off amazon.
Is there a protective film over top of the screen?
I am see some inverted text in 2 different parts of the screen.
image.jpg
Looking closely at the screen it seems like the text could also be damaged pixels.
So I am not sure what to do.
If anyone has recently received this monitor and could comment, that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Wow. Nope, no protective film over top of the screen.
I have two btw.

Return. Sorry man
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Anyone seen this back in stock anywhere?

Best buy has extended the sale to the 30th so maybe I'll get lucky
Jun 9, 2019
689 posts
1645 upvotes
This is a pretty cool option for people who don't own a TV, but have their computer in a central location. The smart menu is nice add!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2008
1142 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
Having been using this for the past 2 weeks roughly, I really like the monitor. It took me 4 orders before I found one that didn’t have issues, so be warned there’s some serious QC problems with these units.

The 250nits brightness can be an issue for some though so keep that in mind also. If your room get crazy sunshine, the monitor is gonna look washed out and def dim. In 98% of scenarios I find it more than bright enough, and even in the 2% of the time, it’s still totally useable, I just wish I could crank up the brightness a bit more.

Nice UI and lots of smart/connectivity features that make this a very compelling monitor. If you’ve got an iPad Air or Pro, you can hook it up directly to the monitor with the included USB-C cable (at full 4K/60hz!), plug in a USB dongle for the kb/mouse to the back of the monitor, and you’ve got a nice little iPad workstation.

Loving mine so far, and a wicked price at $299.