Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Samsung Note8 Unlocked Phone

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2018 6:21 pm
66 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4481 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
CollegeGraduate wrote: Isn't note 8 the one with exploding batteries?
That was the Note 7 and they stopped producing that model in October of 2016:
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37618618

Of course they did bring it back on a limited basis with an all-new battery design as a refurbished-only product but not on contract through the typical channels.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
7097 posts
8579 upvotes
Richmond Hill
binny08 wrote: That was Note 7
Sleep beside a note 7 and you might wake up in heaven :D
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Member
User avatar
Apr 5, 2010
475 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga
aeba7 wrote: Sleep beside a note 7 and you might wake up in heaven :D
So where does note 8 take you?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2009
1675 posts
669 upvotes
Markham
dealixious wrote: So where does note 8 take you?
Waking up on the street cause you got no more money pay for rent :(
Newbie
Feb 1, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
This is the international version of the Note8. Not the same model that is sold at Bestbuy or in stores here.
Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2013
259 posts
375 upvotes
Hamilton
lildevilx wrote: Waking up on the street cause you got no more money pay for rent :(
I am sure you can come to an arrangement with your landlord...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 14, 2009
1030 posts
510 upvotes
Halifax
dealixious wrote: So where does note 8 take you?
To the poor house after spending over $1000 on a phone...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
6670 posts
3691 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
CollegeGraduate wrote: Isn't note 8 the one with exploding batteries?
That was the Note 7.

Samsung re-called them, stuck Note 8 stickers on them (it's one louder Winking Face) and shipped them back out.

Problem solved.


Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
442 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
sonician wrote: To the poor house after spending over $1000 on a phone...
With a note 7 you end up on the street and with a s7 edge. You can't win.
Newbie
Feb 1, 2018
6 posts
6 upvotes
No warranty in Canada. They dont warranty International phones.
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2003
931 posts
256 upvotes
GTA
CollegeGraduate wrote: Isn't note 8 the one with exploding batteries?
Why are people entertaining this obvious lame joke/jab at the Samsung..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2015
5591 posts
3666 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
This is a great phone, paid the full price for it on launch.
Price tag isn't a big deal if you keep it more than 2 years (I switched from Note 3 to Note 8)
Alterna Bank Thread
Stock Thread

TFSA Portfolio: AEM|ATD|BAM.A|BCE|BIP.UN|CCL.B|CNQ|CNR|CTC.A|ENB|FCD.UN|FN|FTS|FTT|GSY|IFC|IMO|MFC|MG|MRU|NA|NET.UN|SJ|T|TOU
Member
Dec 27, 2015
253 posts
359 upvotes
Nepean, ON
MoneyHypeMike wrote: This is a great phone, paid the full price for it on launch.
Price tag isn't a big deal if you keep it more than 2 years (I switched from Note 3 to Note 8)
RFD-ers don't pay $1000+ for phones!

Price tag is a big deal... Let's say you keep it for 3 years - that's $400/year for what will be outdated after the first 2. In a 3 year life span your chances of breaking either the entire phone or the expensive screen are quite & that will add to your costs. On top of that, when a wireless provider amortizes the phone over the duration of the contract - it's an interest-free loan whereas here you're forking out capital that could be put to better use...
Newbie
Jan 4, 2017
52 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
slava86 wrote: RFD-ers don't pay $1000+ for phones!

Price tag is a big deal... Let's say you keep it for 3 years - that's $400/year for what will be outdated after the first 2. In a 3 year life span your chances of breaking either the entire phone or the expensive screen are quite & that will add to your costs. On top of that, when a wireless provider amortizes the phone over the duration of the contract - it's an interest-free loan whereas here you're forking out capital that could be put to better use...
After 3 years the phone still has residual value. You can sell it for $450-500 I would think.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)