Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB USB 3.1 External SSD - $89.99 - *Lowest CCC Price

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 11:06 am
[OP]
Jun 17, 2016
35 posts
34 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB USB 3.1 External SSD - $89.99 - *Lowest CCC Price

For anyone looking for an external ssd. Lowest price for the samsung T5.
36 replies
Oct 2, 2019
42 posts
58 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I paid $59.99 plus tax for my 500GB External SSD. I'll give you a hint, you use this to keep papers together.

A true gift.
I bought this one
Images
  • Screenshot_20191129-094835_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2586 posts
518 upvotes
ninja_warrior wrote: You got it shipped out?

My order was cancelled by Amazon.
Mine too, nobody got it delivered.
Aug 11, 2016
48 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks OP, was able to use a courtesy credit + gift card to cover most of the cost.
Dec 5, 2019
188 posts
492 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I paid $59.99 plus tax for my 500GB External SSD. I'll give you a hint, you use this to keep papers together.

A true gift.
Not sure when this was but it wasn't in the last month - it never got below 100$ on Staples and with any of the 25$ off "X" coupons still came to 90$ all in - minus a few bucks with rakuten

Still better than this deal but the point is this is still a good price - you either had your own personal 40$ off 100 coupon or something similar.
Jan 23, 2019
151 posts
79 upvotes
Leafs Nation
If one didn't wish to remove the Wifi card in the 14w, this would be a clear upgrade over the eMMC, correct?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17991 posts
20193 upvotes
peteyonline wrote: Not sure when this was but it wasn't in the last month - it never got below 100$ on Staples and with any of the 25$ off "X" coupons still came to 90$ all in - minus a few bucks with rakuten

Still better than this deal but the point is this is still a good price - you either had your own personal 40$ off 100 coupon or something similar.
Not quite. I've just made relationships with the local big boxes, and they know I'm a business purchaser.

Not unlike you'd do with a client or silo'd vendor.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4627 posts
1029 upvotes
Toronto
It's the same price at Staples. Minus well add a coupon and get it for less.
Dec 5, 2019
188 posts
492 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Not quite. I've just made relationships with the local big boxes, and they know I'm a business purchaser.

Not unlike you'd do with a client or silo'd vendor.
Exactly so your reply to this was completely unnecessary. The guy posts a deal because he feels like sharing with the nice people on these forums - you reply for the sole purpose of letting him/readers know that you bought it for 59.99 - on a deal that wasn't even available to people - ever. So you wanted to brag? Let him know "hey cool deal but I got it for cheaper and at a price that nobody here will get because I'm "special" and I just want you all to know that? Big facepalm.

Thanks for sharing OP!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42093 posts
6647 upvotes
Wonder if this will drop further on Boxing Day
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 8, 2003
9747 posts
1961 upvotes
Richmond Hill
peteyonline wrote: Not sure when this was but it wasn't in the last month - it never got below 100$ on Staples and with any of the 25$ off "X" coupons still came to 90$ all in - minus a few bucks with rakuten

I just emailed Staples for a previous order of $105 minus $25 coupon, they promptly matched their own price, so my cost is $65.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17991 posts
20193 upvotes
peteyonline wrote: Exactly so your reply to this was completely unnecessary. The guy posts a deal because he feels like sharing with the nice people on these forums - you reply for the sole purpose of letting him/readers know that you bought it for 59.99 - on a deal that wasn't even available to people - ever. So you wanted to brag? Let him know "hey cool deal but I got it for cheaper and at a price that nobody here will get because I'm "special" and I just want you all to know that? Big facepalm.

Thanks for sharing OP!
There's always one soapboxer.

It took one instore coupon and encouragement, hardly a gargantuan effort. The coupon is now expired, but it provides perspective on what's possible.

I'm confident any of you could do the same, haggling is always on the table..
Aug 2, 2019
34 posts
31 upvotes
Would using a portable SSD be a better option than going for an internal with an adapter?