Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Samsung Pro endurance card for dash cam or security cams Various prices from $14.40

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2022 10:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5849 posts
3846 upvotes
SW ON
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: It will tell you that the card is Samsung. But unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it confirms the exact model of the card. You can't be sure you are getting a high endurance card, and they could still be faking the more expensive high endurance card with a cheap commodity model. It sounds fantastical, but stranger things have happened.
I highly doubt that counterfeiters would buy real lower end Samsung cards and repaint or rechip them to higher end ones. The price difference is not that great. With this amount of paranoia I would stop buying any cards.
Oct 29, 2019
439 posts
317 upvotes
Received the 128gb version - everything checks out so far (packaging, print, physical card, Samsung Authenticator software).
Penalty Box
Oct 7, 2010
12457 posts
3554 upvotes
No buying these on Amazon as they have fakes mixed in.
Penalty Box
Oct 7, 2010
12457 posts
3554 upvotes
alpovs wrote: I highly doubt that counterfeiters would buy real lower end Samsung cards and repaint or rechip them to higher end ones. The price difference is not that great. With this amount of paranoia I would stop buying any cards.
No they are same factory but maybe rejects due to performance issues etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2071 upvotes
yyzthe6 wrote: Received the 128gb version - everything checks out so far (packaging, print, physical card, Samsung Authenticator software).
do benchmark tests with crystaldisk and h2test just to be sure
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3396 posts
1458 upvotes
Ottawa
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Where Amazon sells the product themselves, there is at least a chance - even with commingling - that you get a genuine product. Samsung Evo Select is Amazon exclusive, so it is a safe bet where the chances of fakes are a lot lower.

But for products that are *only* from third party sellers? Nup, not for me.

Doesn't look to be a high endurance card. Not equivalent to the card listed in the OP.
As a 'bonus', you're generally giving up waranties when you buy via 3rd party seller, since most manufacturers require you to buy from authorized dealers
Jun 28, 2021
285 posts
412 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: ya it is quite a sad situation. u would think with all the expensive robots amazon invested in their warehouse, this kinda shit wouldnt happen. unless they did it on purpose? but that doesnt make much sense...
I don't think there's an easy solution without Amazon totally redesigning how they handle "fungible" inventory. You'd need to separate items by seller or have a tag identifying individual items (bar code, RFID, etc).
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2071 upvotes
watchoutforgeese wrote: I don't think there's an easy solution without Amazon totally redesigning how they handle "fungible" inventory. You'd need to separate items by seller or have a tag identifying individual items (bar code, RFID, etc).
they already have ASIN number, convert it into a barcode?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5849 posts
3846 upvotes
SW ON
spike1128 wrote: No they are same factory but maybe rejects due to performance issues etc.
Do you work for Samsung? Rejects are called that for a reason. A reputable company will never sell rejects nor give them into a possession of others, not let them authenticate as genuine. Rejects are rejected before they are painted. Besides, you replied to a conversation about repainted other models into endurance. All this doesn't make sense. You can always find a reason not to buy SD cards. I have lots of Samsung endurance microSD cards bought from USA Amazon and sold by Amazon in security cameras and RPis and they have worked for years without issues.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9443 posts
3760 upvotes
Vaughan
desmat wrote: how is this one for security cameras like wyze?

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Ultra-mic ... 08GY9NYRM/

need something good and lower price..
Thanks for the link. I used this one for the Wyze v2 I bought few years ago. Just checked my old order (2019), the memory card went up 50 cents.
I hate to speculate. I hate to forecast. I am just proactive.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11075 posts
8325 upvotes
Toronto
Never got a counterfeit sold by Amazon, heard it happening for others but personally haven't had a problem.

3rd party sellers the chance of counterfeit goes up exponentially. Except if seller is actually the manufacturer, such as Silicon Power.
Nov 27, 2019
553 posts
123 upvotes
teoconca wrote: Thanks for the link. I used this one for the Wyze v2 I bought few years ago. Just checked my old order (2019), the memory card went up 50 cents.
its much cheaper as pack of 2 :)
1 shows $10.99 but pack of 2 makes it $8.50 each so i guess cheaper by $2 than your old order :D
Oct 29, 2019
439 posts
317 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: do benchmark tests with crystaldisk and h2test just to be sure
Just finished running h2test and finished without any errors :) . Card seems legit.