[Amazon.ca] Samsung PRO Endurance Micro SD Card 64GB - $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2021 4:49 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2020
42 posts
335 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung PRO Endurance Micro SD Card 64GB - $23.99

The Samsung PRO Endurance Micro SD Card 64GB has been been steadily going down in price since the end of January, and just reached a new low of $24. These SD cards are supposed to be great for dash cams according to a bunch of review sites:
https://www.anysoftwaretools.com/best-s ... r-dashcam/
https://carcamcentral.com/guide/recomme ... sh-cameras

I just picked one up for a Garmin Mini dash cam I just bought.

Note that it is sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon. I think some people are a little sketched out by SD cards sold my 3rd party... I checked the 3rd party seller and they seem to have good reviews historically so decided to give them a shot.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 5th, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
22 replies
[OP]
May 6, 2020
42 posts
335 upvotes
bubboteaboy wrote: Thanks OP - while this is the lowest price on this as per 3xCamels, the SanDisk Endurance one is about $5 cheaper:
https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Endurance ... 07P3D6Y5B/

These are rated highly too, so I'm not sure I'd pay 25% more just for the Samsung brand, as good as it may be.
Oh yeah that's a pretty good deal.. No tax too. Just cancelled my order for the Samsung and bought this instead.

Thanks for sharing!
Jul 21, 2011
841 posts
786 upvotes
Knowhere
Beware this is not sold by Amazon.....High chance being fake one....
Jun 9, 2018
156 posts
224 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: Beware this is not sold by Amazon.....High chance being fake one....
You realize that even if it is a third party but it is fulfilled by Amazon (prime), than it is most likely all commingled stock. So everyone's stock is kept in the same bin and you have no idea who's stock you are getting. That's why you always have to test the cards when you get them from Amazon.
Last edited by Ramtuckinit on Feb 5th, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1731 posts
908 upvotes
SW ON
Ramtuckinit wrote: You realize that even it is a third party but it is fulfilled by Amazon (prime) than it is most likely all commingled stock. So everyone's stock is kept in the same bin and you have no idea who's stock you are getting. That's why you always have to test the cards when you get them from Amazon.
Well, that's not true for other items. Network switches, for example. I know for sure from experience. So, even if it was true I never received a fake SD card sold by Amazon.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1731 posts
908 upvotes
SW ON
lithiumli wrote: Thanks I bought 3 for my 3 dash cams
You drive 3 cars at once?
Jul 13, 2018
175 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
alpovs wrote: You drive 3 cars at once?
A true RFDer would buy one SD card and swap it over each time they take a different car?
Oct 23, 2005
605 posts
195 upvotes
Kamdo wrote: A true RFDer would buy one SD card and swap it over each time they take a different car?
no, u would have to unmount and mount the dashcam... still 1 sd card though
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6274 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
Ummm, there is much more then 1 driver in the house hold
alpovs wrote: You drive 3 cars at once?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13637 posts
3752 upvotes
Scarberia
I'll take my chances with the 128gb sandisk ultra for 25bux
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 9, 2018
156 posts
224 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Well, that's not true for other items. Network switches, for example. I know for sure from experience. So, even if it was true I never received a fake SD card sold by Amazon.
It is not always the case. You can choose to use your own stock. It depends on the item and number of sellers using Amazon for fulfillment. Small items, with high turn over, that have numerous sellers using Amazon to fulfill the same item will usually be commingled stock. It would cost to much, take to much time to ship and waste to much space in the warehouse to have 30 different sellers having their own bins at different warehouses all over the country with like with 5 micro SD cards in each. Network switches are larger, with less sellers, and probably not near the turn over as micro SD cards so it would make sense for them to have their own stock/bin. Especially if the serial numbers are tracked for warranty.

You can google amazon commingled stock and get more info about it but this is a quick overview

https://www.redpoints.com/blog/amazon-c ... anagement/
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6274 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
I got delivery today i tested by putting a 10+ gig file on each and they seem ok
Mar 5, 2006
742 posts
148 upvotes
Springfield
lightmeup wrote: Beware this is not sold by Amazon.....High chance being fake one....
lithiumli wrote: I got delivery today i tested by putting a 10+ gig file on each and they seem ok
Thanks for posting OP.

Just to add to thread, these Samsung Pro Endurance cards are supported by the Samsung Memory Card & UFD Authentication Utility which can be found directly on the Samsung website here: Samsung Tools & Software
Scroll down to bottom.

If these cards are fulfilled by Amazon, then the risk is low, since you simply can return them to Amazon.
Just verify you got the real deal using the utility. It's fast and easy to use.
Easier and more reliable than just speed testing.

I might even pay a little more for this over the Sandisk product, since Sandisk does not have an authentication tool, but that'll be each their own on how much the risk of getting a fake is worth to them.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1447 posts
799 upvotes
lithiumli wrote: I got delivery today i tested by putting a 10+ gig file on each and they seem ok
Testing authenticity like the poster above me, below you said is a really really good idea. Anytime it's a 3rd party, it doesn't matter how many reviews, or how many good ratings, it can still be fake.

The software on these SD card allows you to save and max out the capacity without problem. The problem arises when trying to open certain files... always a headache and a risk buying from 3rd party sellers...
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1731 posts
908 upvotes
SW ON
Ramtuckinit wrote: It is not always the case. You can choose to use your own stock. It depends on the item and number of sellers using Amazon for fulfillment. Small items, with high turn over, that have numerous sellers using Amazon to fulfill the same item will usually be commingled stock. It would cost to much, take to much time to ship and waste to much space in the warehouse to have 30 different sellers having their own bins at different warehouses all over the country with like with 5 micro SD cards in each. Network switches are larger, with less sellers, and probably not near the turn over as micro SD cards so it would make sense for them to have their own stock/bin. Especially if the serial numbers are tracked for warranty.

You can google amazon commingled stock and get more info about it but this is a quick overview

https://www.redpoints.com/blog/amazon-c ... anagement/
Commingled or not this item is not sold by Amazon at all, so it's commingled fully from 3rd party sellers.