Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 - $79.99 ($20 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2019 12:20 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1212 posts
163 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 9:59 am
From what I've read and been told, yes... but only after you go through the whole setup on the new app, then the old app will work. This is third-hand, however, so salt and all.
I can confirm it works with the classic app despite Samsung wanting you to use the new app. But as noted above, need new app to set up first.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14584 upvotes
Ottawa
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 3:31 pm
I can confirm it works with the classic app despite Samsung wanting you to use the new app. But as noted above, need new app to set up first.
I thought the new app is by invite only?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2536 posts
2950 upvotes
Turge wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 3:27 pm
The v3 hub is also available online for this price at The Source: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/smart-ho ... /108078691
Too bad there's no PSP discount but way faster shipping at least

Cancelled my Amazon order and then realized i'm losing out on the 8% eBates now for faster delivery.. oh well
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1212 posts
163 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 3:38 pm
I thought the new app is by invite only?
I found it in the App Store and just downloaded it. I think there is now official Canadian support.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1921 posts
1077 upvotes
Vancouver
For those that like to tinker, a Zigbee USB stick (to plug into a raspberrypi) like the CC2531 is about $9 on ebay
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1485 posts
1457 upvotes
Montreal
Usually ships within 1 to 3 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14584 upvotes
Ottawa
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 4:24 pm
I found it in the App Store and just downloaded it. I think there is now official Canadian support.
Did you have to load all of the devices again?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1057 posts
231 upvotes
Winnipeg
stockbones wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 2:27 pm
I currently have the Wink Hub 2, with EcoBee, schlage sense, few philips hue bulbs, and ring doorbell and stick up cam. I find the Wink Hub support lacking in the Ring Department.

I tried to setup a few robots on the Wink Hub 2 to turn on the lights whenever motion is detected with the ring camera, but it doesnt work as promised. Does anyone know if the Smart Things hub can do this? Also, a friend introduced me to IFTTT, which can do the same thing.

What is the advantages of having a Wink Hub/Smart things hub vs the IFTTT app?
I'm using a Wink Hub 1 and have a Ring door bell. I've had good success with doing this with Stringify. It's IFTTT on steroids. Like for me if anyone comes up to my door it turns on the lights to 100% (from a lower brightness) and then after X mins turns it off. No need for a new hub.
Jul 19, 2015
507 posts
443 upvotes
London, ON
The classic app has so much more functionality then the new version, if you plan on more options you will need the classic. I have both apps but pretty much only use classic, not sure why Samsung is ruining new app version
Feb 1, 2004
756 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
stockbones wrote:
I currently have the Wink Hub 2, with EcoBee, schlage sense, few philips hue bulbs, and ring doorbell and stick up cam. I find the Wink Hub support lacking in the Ring Department.

I tried to setup a few robots on the Wink Hub 2 to turn on the lights whenever motion is detected with the ring camera, but it doesnt work as promised. Does anyone know if the Smart Things hub can do this? Also, a friend introduced me to IFTTT, which can do the same thing.

You can do that by setting up a routine.
Jul 6, 2009
65 posts
48 upvotes
Does anyone that if with Smartthings you are able to make a trigger based on my smartphone Bluetooth connection.
Like if I get home, my smartphone pair with Smartthings automatically, therefore, it trigger my Schlage to unlock and my philips hue to light up?
Does it work like that or I would need numerous sensors?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1270 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
stockbones wrote:

Are you saying it doesn't work well with Ring doorbell motion detection? I have the same setup and whenever someone comes to my door, the front lights turn on (I used robots).
Nov 16, 2016
164 posts
56 upvotes
Alberta
Ryulink wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 5:17 pm
Does anyone that if with Smartthings you are able to make a trigger based on my smartphone Bluetooth connection.
Like if I get home, my smartphone pair with Smartthings automatically, therefore, it trigger my Schlage to unlock and my philips hue to light up?
Does it work like that or I would need numerous sensors?
You can do this with a geofence. The app uses your phones location, and if within the geofence you could set it do unlock your doors and turn on your lights.