Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 - $79.99 ($20 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2019 12:20 pm
Mar 15, 2005
435 posts
166 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 2:43 pm
Except if you plan to use Xiaomi sensors, unfortunately. They will not stay connected to the connect home.
Ditto for the nvidia sheild smartthings link. Xiaomi sensors can't maintain a connection.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27429 posts
13352 upvotes
Ottawa
Ryulink wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 5:17 pm
Does anyone that if with Smartthings you are able to make a trigger based on my smartphone Bluetooth connection.
Like if I get home, my smartphone pair with Smartthings automatically, therefore, it trigger my Schlage to unlock and my philips hue to light up?
Does it work like that or I would need numerous sensors?
It's highly recommended to not setup any sort of auto unlock triggers.
This will leave you vulnerable, in the case of a software glitch.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2030 posts
1376 upvotes
SW Ontario
chatbox wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 12:56 pm
Has any tried this https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072C3K6ZQ ?
Nice!
I've been looking for something like this ... but not at that price ... will have to wait and see if it comes down in price.
Looking at ways to deal with securely unlocking/locking the house for someone with a disability ... and the ability to monitor it at the same time.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4807 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
Bought 1 at The Source.
Phils
Mar 16, 2015
59 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
discoblues wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 5:47 pm
Ditto for the nvidia sheild smartthings link. Xiaomi sensors can't maintain a connection.
How is the Smarth Things Link? I am buying a Nvidia Shield and also need a Smart Things Hub. Debating between the Smart Things Link or the actual hub, leaning towards the hub because I can't find much information on the link. Doesn't look like the Link is natively supported in Canada but not sure if that matters.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1070 posts
880 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks op. I needed one of these. I just upgraded my main remote from the ultimate home to the Elite on the Amazon.uk deal recently. I want to be able to control my wemo smart plug that I've modded with a relay to control my gas fireplace. I found out that I need a hub for harmony to control these devices with the new hard buttons on the remote for smart home devices.
Jun 2, 2011
138 posts
82 upvotes
The new app sucks compared to the old one. I setup with new and then Uninstaller for the old. The new is not reliable as old is.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1176 posts
152 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 4:36 pm
Did you have to load all of the devices again?
No, after I set it up in the Classic app everything was there in the new app but I only have two switches that I am controlling through ST right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1322 posts
378 upvotes
powderskull wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 8:40 pm
The new app sucks compared to the old one. I setup with new and then Uninstaller for the old. The new is not reliable as old is.
Yea, the old one has a better history view for each device. In the new one all I could find was a combined history view. The Z-wave tweaker won't work in the new one either.
Jun 2, 2011
138 posts
82 upvotes
Even just with switching devices through the app... New app switches once/twice then just stops till you restart the app. Old app will switch as fast as you can click the trigger, everytime.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2030 posts
1376 upvotes
SW Ontario
Tom's Guide review said that besides being no support for Nest and August, it also lacking support for TP-Link Kass line ... that sucks as all my light switches and receptible blocks are Kasa ... any work around?

Tom's Guide Review
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2287 posts
1559 upvotes
Oakville
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:24 pm
Tom's Guide review said that besides being no support for Nest and August, it also lacking support for TP-Link Kass line ... that sucks as all my light switches and receptible blocks are Kasa ... any work around?

Tom's Guide Review
August sucks (inferior to schlage connected systems)
Tp link Kasa sucks (wifi only bs)
Nest is over priced

SmartThings did an excellent thing and targetted who they partner with which are companies offering highly open solutions with plethora of options.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Aug 11, 2008
816 posts
191 upvotes
If connect home Pro available for $20 extra (my colleague is selling), what should i go for (not sure if i will use wifi router part), considering hub v3 will use less power due to low specs and more future proof (firmware updates etc) ?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11936 posts
3880 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:24 pm

Tom's Guide Review
The reason for so many recommending the SmartThings hub over other hubs out there is 3rd party/community support for devices that are not officially supported by ST/Samsung. So as an example, for the TP-Link smart plugs and light switches, just get this set up so you can add those devices into ST:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... ion/142507

And for Nest? Try this:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... -0/83228/1

And August door locks? no problem...

https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... tures/6241