Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 and Sensors 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 9:49 am
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
rvs007 wrote: I've been waiting for their leak sensors to go on sale so I will finally pick up a couple for the basement and laundry room. I've been using Xiaomi leak sensors but one of them keeps crapping out. Hopefully the ST brand will be better.

These are also on sale for the same discounted price at Lowe's:

https://www.lowes.ca/articles/samsung-s ... martthings
Aqara water sensor is "on sale" for USD $12.99 at Gear Best.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lush78 wrote: Thanks. I purchased an extra multipurpose for this this function. Is it the MyQ hub that you are using to control the opener itself? I was thinking of just getting a wifi inching relay, but looking at other options if it can be integrated better. Not looking for the cheapest solution...
Yes, I'm using the multipurpose sensors with the MyQ hub. There is a Smartapp called MyQLite that will integrate the MyQ hub along with the multipurpose sensor into SmartThings to allow you to control the garage door and give you the actual open/close status. Integrating just the MyQ hub into SmartThings (without a door sensor) would only give you the ability to open & close the door, but you will not be able to tell whether the door is actually in the open or close position. The multipurpose sensor will give the SmartApp that ability.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vkizzle wrote: Aqara water sensor is "on sale" for USD $12.99 at Gear Best.
Ya, that's the one I am using now at two locations (laundry room upstairs and basement). The basement one keeps disconnecting (red dot in ST app with a message "unavailable"). The other one works fine. So I'm willing to pay a bit more to replace the one in the basement so that I don't have to reconnect/replace the battery constantly.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Lush78 wrote: Thanks. I purchased an extra multipurpose for this this function. Is it the MyQ hub that you are using to control the opener itself? I was thinking of just getting a wifi inching relay, but looking at other options if it can be integrated better. Not looking for the cheapest solution...
If you need more and want to save some money, the Xiaomi door/window sensors are USD $8.50 on Ali Express.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eugene_2005 wrote: Doesn't MyQ hub come with it's own sensor?

Also is it true that "Linking your MyQ account to Google Assistant and IFTTT requires a $1 monthly or $10 annual subscription fee Easy to install in the garage"?
Yes, the MyQ hub has its own door sensor but you can't integrate that sensor into ST. So on my garage doors I have two sensors installed, the one that comes with the MyQ hub, and the Samsung multipurpose sensor for ST integration.

And yes, if you want Google Assistant/IFTTT integration within the MyQ app, there is a subscription fee. If you want to use a 3rd party DH and an additional sensor to integrate into ST, it's free.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
I'm not really interested in any monthly fees, but I would like google assistant integration... Anyone have any experience using a wifi inching relay with their garage door?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
I just purchased another 3 motion sensors. I think my total in the past 2 weeks is 17 motion sensors, 4 multipurpose, and 2 buttons.
Oct 6, 2018
589 posts
1082 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I just purchased another 3 motion sensors. I think my total in the past 2 weeks is 17 motion sensors, 4 multipurpose, and 2 buttons.
Out of curiosity, what are you using all the motion sensors for? The online reviews say it's not consistent on sensing and hence I haven't bought any. Maybe you can change my mind...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
I've been putting them in every room. Some examples would include one under my dining room table to turn on the chandelier when I sit to the table only and not walking past it. My bathroom alone has 4, including a separate sensor for my closet and toilet room. and shower.
Entrance, hallways, stairs, basement, play room, office, garage, deck, living room, kids room, it adds up fast. My goal is to never manually operate a light switch again and program automation based on the time of the day. For example, my bathroom lights only come on at 30% during the night and early morning. Outside lights only after sunset and before sunrise.
Last edited by Lush78 on Apr 17th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Chipppy wrote: Out of curiosity, what are you using all the motion sensors for? The online reviews say it's not consistent on sensing and hence I haven't bought any. Maybe you can change my mind...
I'm currently using some to automatically turn off lights in specific rooms, where there's no motion after (X)mins.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Chipppy wrote: Out of curiosity, what are you using all the motion sensors for? The online reviews say it's not consistent on sensing and hence I haven't bought any. Maybe you can change my mind...
I've currently got racoons in my attic. Maybe a few of these to let me know when they have left so that I can then try to close up their entry/exit points. Oh, or maybe someone can suggest something it could trigger in the attic to scare the beejesus out of those f'n rodents, lol.
Last edited by GT!! on Apr 17th, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
GT!! wrote: I've currently got raccons in my attic. Maybe a few of these to let me know when they have left so that I can then try to close up their entry/exit points. Oh, or maybe someone can suggest something it could trigger in the attic to scare the beejesus out of those f'n rodents, lol.
Best to call pest control for your issue Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Lush78 wrote: I just purchased another 3 motion sensors. I think my total in the past 2 weeks is 17 motion sensors, 4 multipurpose, and 2 buttons.
Wow, @Lush78, thats a lot of sensors. I admire what you are going to accomplish and I'm sure they'll all eventually pay for themselves over the longer haul. There's a reason many newer commercial spaces use motion sensors to save on their hydro bill.

Might want to think about picking up some water leak sensors if appropriate. I keep one behind all my toilets on the floor, under the pipes beneath all my sinks and one under the dishwasher and laundry washer. I actually had a leak in my roof this winter in the air stack above the exhaust in my master bathroom and the sensor alerted me to it immediately. Probably saved a huge amount of money not having to replace any flooring. Take care.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote: Best to call pest control for your issue Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I'm sure you are right, but playing with sensors and stuff sounds more fun!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
Elrondolio wrote: Wow, @Lush78, thats a lot of sensors. I admire what you are going to accomplish and I'm sure they'll all eventually pay for themselves over the longer haul. There's a reason many newer commercial spaces use motion sensors to save on their hydro bill.

Might want to think about picking up some water leak sensors if appropriate. I keep one behind all my toilets on the floor, under the pipes beneath all my sinks and one under the dishwasher and laundry washer. I actually had a leak in my roof this winter in the air stack above the exhaust in my master bathroom and the sensor alerted me to it immediately. Probably saved a huge amount of money not having to replace any flooring. Take care.
Thank you. I have a sensor in my sump after my pump failed a couple of years ago. I may add some of these water sensors to locations like you described. I fear the end of the battery life cycle for all these sensors lol.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Elrondolio wrote: Wow, @Lush78, thats a lot of sensors. I admire what you are going to accomplish and I'm sure they'll all eventually pay for themselves over the longer haul. There's a reason many newer commercial spaces use motion sensors to save on their hydro bill.

Water sensors are good for warning, but what are you doing to prevent the flooding?
I plan to buy and install a z-wave main water shutoff adapter and use the water sensors as triggers.
https://www.amazon.ca/Dome-Automation-W ... B01LX3JFR8
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
vkizzle wrote: Water sensors are good for warning, but what are you doing to prevent the flooding?
I plan to buy and install a z-wave main water shutoff adapter and use the water sensors as triggers.
https://www.amazon.ca/Dome-Automation-W ... B01LX3JFR8
That would be the ideal setup. I may look into this next for any appliance or plumbing failures.

I have my water sensor located down inside my sump above the float switch limit. Nothing I can do to turn off that water supply though. But I should have enough time with a warning to deal with it before any flooding.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)