[Amazon.ca] Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 and Sensors 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 9:49 am
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4671 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just want to mention that the Samsung multipurpose sensors can be configured to act as a garage door sensor (to sense whether your garage door is open, opening, or closed. There is a 3rd party smartapp that you can pair the sensor with a MyQ hub so that it integrates your garage door into ST as a single device.
Aug 13, 2006
753 posts
529 upvotes
Ottawa
Lowes has them for the same price. You can sign up for Lowe's emails and get $10 off $50 which makes it almost another 20% off.
Aug 13, 2006
753 posts
529 upvotes
Ottawa
rvs007 wrote: Just want to mention that the Samsung multipurpose sensors can be configured to act as a garage door sensor (to sense whether your garage door is open, opening, or closed. There is a 3rd party smartapp that you can pair the sensor with a MyQ hub so that it integrates your garage door into ST as a single device.
Doesn't MyQ hub come with it's own sensor?

Also is it true that "Linking your MyQ account to Google Assistant and IFTTT requires a $1 monthly or $10 annual subscription fee Easy to install in the garage"?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2669 posts
2477 upvotes
Alberta
rvs007 wrote: Just want to mention that the Samsung multipurpose sensors can be configured to act as a garage door sensor (to sense whether your garage door is open, opening, or closed. There is a 3rd party smartapp that you can pair the sensor with a MyQ hub so that it integrates your garage door into ST as a single device.
Thanks. I purchased an extra multipurpose for this this function. Is it the MyQ hub that you are using to control the opener itself? I was thinking of just getting a wifi inching relay, but looking at other options if it can be integrated better. Not looking for the cheapest solution...
Oct 15, 2015
49 posts
12 upvotes
Caledon, ON
Are there any retail locations around GTA to buy Xiaomi sensors? Has anyone checked P-mall?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32026 posts
17915 upvotes
Ottawa
rvs007 wrote: I've been waiting for their leak sensors to go on sale so I will finally pick up a couple for the basement and laundry room. I've been using Xiaomi leak sensors but one of them keeps crapping out. Hopefully the ST brand will be better.

These are also on sale for the same discounted price at Lowe's:

https://www.lowes.ca/articles/samsung-s ... martthings
Aqara water sensor is "on sale" for USD $12.99 at Gear Best.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4671 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lush78 wrote: Thanks. I purchased an extra multipurpose for this this function. Is it the MyQ hub that you are using to control the opener itself? I was thinking of just getting a wifi inching relay, but looking at other options if it can be integrated better. Not looking for the cheapest solution...
Yes, I'm using the multipurpose sensors with the MyQ hub. There is a Smartapp called MyQLite that will integrate the MyQ hub along with the multipurpose sensor into SmartThings to allow you to control the garage door and give you the actual open/close status. Integrating just the MyQ hub into SmartThings (without a door sensor) would only give you the ability to open & close the door, but you will not be able to tell whether the door is actually in the open or close position. The multipurpose sensor will give the SmartApp that ability.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4671 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vkizzle wrote: Aqara water sensor is "on sale" for USD $12.99 at Gear Best.
Ya, that's the one I am using now at two locations (laundry room upstairs and basement). The basement one keeps disconnecting (red dot in ST app with a message "unavailable"). The other one works fine. So I'm willing to pay a bit more to replace the one in the basement so that I don't have to reconnect/replace the battery constantly.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32026 posts
17915 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: Thanks. I purchased an extra multipurpose for this this function. Is it the MyQ hub that you are using to control the opener itself? I was thinking of just getting a wifi inching relay, but looking at other options if it can be integrated better. Not looking for the cheapest solution...
If you need more and want to save some money, the Xiaomi door/window sensors are USD $8.50 on Ali Express.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4671 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eugene_2005 wrote: Doesn't MyQ hub come with it's own sensor?

Also is it true that "Linking your MyQ account to Google Assistant and IFTTT requires a $1 monthly or $10 annual subscription fee Easy to install in the garage"?
Yes, the MyQ hub has its own door sensor but you can't integrate that sensor into ST. So on my garage doors I have two sensors installed, the one that comes with the MyQ hub, and the Samsung multipurpose sensor for ST integration.

And yes, if you want Google Assistant/IFTTT integration within the MyQ app, there is a subscription fee. If you want to use a 3rd party DH and an additional sensor to integrate into ST, it's free.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2669 posts
2477 upvotes
Alberta
I'm not really interested in any monthly fees, but I would like google assistant integration... Anyone have any experience using a wifi inching relay with their garage door?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2669 posts
2477 upvotes
Alberta
I just purchased another 3 motion sensors. I think my total in the past 2 weeks is 17 motion sensors, 4 multipurpose, and 2 buttons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)