[Amazon.ca] Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 and Sensors 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 9:49 am
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13116 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
grca73 wrote: Price matched with aditional 10% in Lowes. Got hub, 1 multipurpose, 1 button and 2 motion sensors.
Lowe's have them for the same sale price. How did you get them to price match?
Aug 17, 2018
150 posts
75 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Lowe's have them for the same sale price. How did you get them to price match?
On the shelves prices were unchanged, and when they scanned items all but motion sensors were showing full price at my local Lowe's. When I came home I noticed they gave me aditional 10% for motion sensors as well.

They probably dropped price on website but it hasn't trickled down to tills yet, iono? Makes me feel just a bit better, considering I missed out on $1499 75" Vizio p series Costco deal on Tuesday. One day I skip checking rfd and can't leave work yesterday when I found out, then out of stock. Face With Tears Of Joy
Images
  • 20190418_112625.jpg
Aug 13, 2006
753 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
rvs007 wrote: Lowe's have them for the same sale price. How did you get them to price match?
You can even do better then 10%. If you haven't done it before go to lowes website and sign up for promotional e-mails. They send you 10 CAD off 50 CAD purchase coupon (which is 20% off). If you already did it in the past remove site cookies and sign up using different email. Add 2 sensors and for example this marker to the cart and use coupon. You will get free shipping and almost 20% off the sensors.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1158 posts
1822 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Water sensors are good for warning, but what are you doing to prevent the flooding?
I plan to buy and install a z-wave main water shutoff adapter and use the water sensors as triggers.
https://www.amazon.ca/Dome-Automation-W ... B01LX3JFR8
Thanks, that is exactly what I plan on adding once I complete my Caseta setup throughout the house... have six more to go. Thankfully the SmartThings water sensor behind my toilet picked up my air stack leak this winter which didn't involve valve shutoff. I'll be prepared for most leaks when all is said and done.
Feb 1, 2004
802 posts
121 upvotes
Markham
I got two of these water leak sensors. I managed to connect them to my Wink Hub 2. Very easy. Added them in as Smartthings Water Leak Sensor and took only a minute. Somehow, Wink only recognized them as generic Zigbee sensor as either door, patio door, window, cabinet or drawer type sensors but not a leak sensor. Not sure why. But anyhow, they are working as intended.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10109 posts
4657 upvotes
Hmm ok i think im in for this.
Now if i can get a V2 for the same price whats better in yall opinion?
Ill be using smart plugs and water sensors.

Also can cameras and tp link smart plugs be setup with this?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3045 posts
2834 upvotes
Alberta
blazed16 wrote: Hmm ok i think im in for this.
Now if i can get a V2 for the same price whats better in yall opinion?
Ill be using smart plugs and water sensors.

Also can cameras and tp link smart plugs be setup with this?
I have the v3 hub and TP-Link devices work perfect when you install the device handler. I have well over a dozen 2-way and 3-way switches installed. I also have Nest cameras and thermostat working fine too. A little more work to get Nest working, since you need to create a nest developers account. Its all very easy to do though if you follow the instructions... No idea about the v2 hub...
Nov 1, 2007
76 posts
11 upvotes
Can SmartThings Hub be setup and controlled via browser (on local home network) say from Windows device, or is it exclusive access/control via Android / iPhone apps?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13116 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
goGreen wrote: Can SmartThings Hub be setup and controlled via browser (on local home network) say from Windows device, or is it exclusive access/control via Android / iPhone apps?
You can get creative and get ActionTiles installed on any browser to allow you to customize and control anything and everything that's on your ST hub. You'll need to pay for a one-time license that you can use on unlimited number of devices for a single hub/location.

https://www.actiontiles.com/
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3045 posts
2834 upvotes
Alberta
rvs007 wrote: You can get creative and get ActionTiles installed on any browser to allow you to customize and control anything and everything that's on your ST hub. You'll need to pay for a one-time license that you can use on unlimited number of devices for a single hub/location.

https://www.actiontiles.com/
This looks pretty interesting. Do you use it yourself?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6211 posts
759 upvotes
Ottawa
What do folks do if you have a few google home minis already? Do you just ports all devices to ST? What’s the best way to manage if you have both?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13116 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lush78 wrote: This looks pretty interesting. Do you use it yourself?
Yes, this is my implementation so far. It's using a Fire HD 10 tablet. I haven't gone as far as mounting this yet but that will be my next project.
ActionTiles.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3045 posts
2834 upvotes
Alberta
rvs007 wrote: Yes, this is my implementation so far. It's using a Fire HD 10 tablet. I haven't gone as far as mounting this yet but that will be my next project.

ActionTiles.jpg
Very cool! I will be giving this some serious attention!
Jul 9, 2010
43 posts
39 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Yes, this is my implementation so far. It's using a Fire HD 10 tablet. I haven't gone as far as mounting this yet but that will be my next project.

ActionTiles.jpg
Here's mine. The weather images, do you have them on an auto refresh rate? With cp24 I've found that it'll give old images on startup until the refresh kicks in. (every 30 minutes for me)

Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13116 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
smmr wrote: Here's mine. The weather images, do you have them on an auto refresh rate? With cp24 I've found that it'll give old images on startup until the refresh kicks in. (every 30 minutes for me)

Yes, my panels exhibit the same issue. I have mine set to refresh every 5 minutes. After the initial 5 minutes it will pull the latest image. The radar image is a looped moving gif, which is pretty neat.