Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Samsung Smartthings Hub V3 and Sensors 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 9:49 am
Jan 17, 2016
11 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aznmafia wrote: I bought a smarthings hub, but for somereason I can't register it? I looked online and it says the v3 is geo locked to the US only. Can anyone inform me of how they got their hub to register?
Are you using iOS to register? I ran into this problem over the weekend, It keep failing to register. I took out an old Samsung S5 and got it to register first try, so you might need an android device.
Mar 28, 2018
77 posts
58 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I'm not really interested in any monthly fees, but I would like google assistant integration... Anyone have any experience using a wifi inching relay with their garage door?
I have two - one Meross and the other is a no-name version off of Amazon. The Meross was pretty easy to install.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1158 posts
1822 upvotes
aznmafia wrote: I bought a smarthings hub, but for somereason I can't register it? I looked online and it says the v3 is geo locked to the US only. Can anyone inform me of how they got their hub to register?
Sadly of no help to you, just replying that I didn't have any problems setting up a v3 back in February either, using a Galaxy S9 Plus - was simple and direct (initial setup and registration that is: switching over all of my many sensors, locks, etc and routines sucked hard). Indeed, maybe if on iOS try something else?
Aug 13, 2006
753 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
4got10 wrote: So if I am correct this would probably be the best way to combine my z-wave home security with my other wi-fi based plugs/bulbs and google home? I know that google home doesn't handle the z-wave directly (hey google tell alarm.com to...) but I was want something more natural for easier google home use?
That's correct
Aug 13, 2006
753 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
I registered hub fine first time using WiFi but then I had to reset it. After reset I couldn't register it usig WiFi anymore whatever I tried. I found on SmartThings community that people had similar issues and they were able to register using Ethernet. I tried and it worked first time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1158 posts
1822 upvotes
As per first post, this sale has restarted as of May 1, 2019-05-01. Not sure how much longer the sale will continue but the v3 hub and all the v3 sensors are back on sale for 20% off if you've missed any.