[Amazon.ca] Samsung UR55 28" 4k Monitor $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 9:47 pm
Jun 8, 2005
285 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Bestbuy pictures are completely off.

I would never buy a new monitor in 2020 that has a VGA port on the back...
Nov 18, 2018
103 posts
87 upvotes
Received the monitor yesterday. Pretty sharp game play and colours with the xb1x . Easy setup. No complaints.
Feb 16, 2007
335 posts
98 upvotes
Ottawa
muhammedd wrote: I picked up the Lenovo L28u-30 for $364.77 (after tax and Rakuten cashback). Ordered on Sun - Delivered on Wed.
I love it, the size, colors, perfect for my needs. The stand is not the best in the market, but not a big deal to me as I plan to replace it with the monitor mount.

It does not have the HDR. But, I don't know what difference HDR would make TBH. Is it worth getting the Samsung U28R550 for a few extra $?
Does the L28u-30 have FreeSync? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website which leads me to believe that it doesn't.
Jun 11, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
ElvaSoShexai wrote: Same model # at best buy. But the back is different:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... y/14655813

Do they just have the wrong photo? Stand and front seem the same as the photos from Samsung/amazon
I have this same monitor (ordered from BB) and my back does not look like that. The back is curved but the mount area is shaved to provide a flat surface...

In case anyone is wondering...I have had this monitor for over a month now and I could not be happier.
Display is vibrant and crisp and much better than other 4k IPS monitors I've had before (I used Acer and Lenovo).
The only drawback is that this monitor only tilts but again, if you are mounting it. or have other ways of adjusting heights, it is not a big deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1968 posts
149 upvotes
Anyone able to find a 75x75 vesa bracket for this? Read that all the universal ones don't fit due to the holes being inset.

Leaning towards this vs the Lenovo 4k due to availability of pbp/pip
Jun 27, 2020
1 posts
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Lenovo L28u-30 & S28u-10?

They are both based around the same Innolux M280DCA-E3B panel that is also in the Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q and Samsung U28R55

Other than the ThinkVision branding of the S28u...
I can't figure out what (if anything) is actually different about the L28u?

Thank you
Jun 8, 2005
285 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Just got my Acer CB282K and it's a really nice, surprisingly it also has Picture in Picture.

Using DP cable for PC and HDMI cable for Xbox One
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1968 posts
149 upvotes
Anyone with this monitor try the pbp function with 2 sources? Does it work well?

Does it have function similar to lg's dual controller where using software u can use the mouse/keyboard for both sources?
Jul 23, 2006
150 posts
64 upvotes
ElvaSoShexai wrote: Anyone with this monitor try the pbp function with 2 sources? Does it work well?

Does it have function similar to lg's dual controller where using software u can use the mouse/keyboard for both sources?
not my video.