Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

SanDisk 128GB High Endurance microSDXC Card w Adapter V30 U3 $24.99 to 25.05, 256GB $42.29

[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11162 posts
2205 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk 128GB High Endurance microSDXC Card w Adapter V30 U3 $24.99 to 25.05, 256GB $42.29

$24.99 shipped by Amazon
$25.05 sold by Amazon

256GB $47.29 sold by Amazon

2-year manufacturer warranty

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Endurance ... 3WBG&psc=1
Last edited by 82 on May 14th, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
53 replies
Nov 11, 2007
580 posts
88 upvotes
Any reason not to use this as extra mass storage for a laptop? Just for files

What is longevity of an SD card... trying to keep good copies of important files and not rely on a hard disk .
Oct 20, 2019
404 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
shabby wrote: patriot-lx-series-128gb-microsd-26-22-a ... #p26322593

To think that 5 years ago 128gb micro sd cards cost the same, there must be some price fixing going on again...
Different brand, and this one is "High Endurance" so technically better than normal micro sd cards. People buy these for 24/7 recording.
Never tried them myself, but I thought I mention that the comparison is not apples to apples.

Edit: forgot to mention that older cards were Class 10 U1. These are U3, which is faster.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1414 posts
342 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone can comment on using this in a DSLR with adapter?
Feb 4, 2015
498 posts
1506 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Focus wrote: Anyone can comment on using this in a DSLR with adapter?
Why would you want to? Maybe you are using your camera for some niche purpose, but I can't think of a single reason why you would be writing to the card that often in a camera..

These endurance cards are meant for well, endurance, and not for speed. For about the same price you can get something much faster than 100MB/s read, 40MB/s write. I would recommend a card with the fastest write you can find, as they will generally help the most. For instance:
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... card_128gb

The Sandisk equivalent is the Extreme Pro.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11162 posts
2205 upvotes
It is designed to sustain more write cycle than typical SD card. Some Sandisk H.E. has SLC + 3D TLC like typical SSD, makes it a decent spare storage option with laptop SD card reader. But like any SD card, they usually fail without warning, so make sure you have a backup copy in cloud or other storage.
funkbro2 wrote: Any reason not to use this as extra mass storage for a laptop? Just for files

What is longevity of an SD card... trying to keep good copies of important files and not rely on a hard disk .
Yes if you mainly use your DSLR for video, Otherwise as Verdic said, the highspeed options from Sandisk/Kingston/Samsung will do a better job to handle sustained write especially if you shoot RAW. The Extreme, the Extreme Pro, Samsung PRO cost more but probably has same or better endurance rating than the Sandisk High Endurance.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4737 posts
2180 upvotes
GTA
aouniat wrote: Different brand, and this one is "High Endurance" so technically better than normal micro sd cards. People buy these for 24/7 recording.
Never tried them myself, but I thought I mention that the comparison is not apples to apples.

Edit: forgot to mention that older cards were Class 10 U1. These are U3, which is faster.
All 128gb are still in the low 20's, tell me how that happens after 5 years?
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1107 posts
1019 upvotes
dsouzaaa wrote: Any thoughts on this one
The price is good so long as you get the real thing. It might be 128 GB but is there a way to test that it’s high endurance?
Aug 19, 2013
926 posts
884 upvotes
TORONTO
Ill be that guy.

Since its amazon, make sure you use something like H2testw to check if your card is legit. Check the read and write speeds. Amazon is well known for mixing 3rd party scammers and cards sold by amazon.ca so even if you buy amazon.ca (not fulfilled, etc), you still can get a counterfeit one

EDIT: fixed spelling
Last edited by saudor on May 8th, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7208 posts
7145 upvotes
You can, but you're paying extra for nothing.

High endurance cards are meant for applications with very high amounts of writes. Video cameras and things like Raspberry Pi's are good examples of where a high endurance card is a very good idea.

DSLRs don't write anywhere near as much data over time.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7208 posts
7145 upvotes
saudor wrote: Ill be that guy.

Since its amazon, make sure you use something like hwtest to check if your card is legit. Check the read and write speeds. Amazon is well known for mixing 3rd party scammers and cards sold by amazon.ca so even if you buy amazon.ca (not fulfilled, etc), you still can get a counterfeit one
No. I recommend you test your card with something like hwtest no matter WHERE you buy your cards. Amazon or otherwise, doesn't matter, ALWAYS test the card.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1107 posts
1019 upvotes
OlivierLoo wrote: Sold by non-Amazon
Op provided a price range. I assume you didn't check the all of the sellers within the stated range.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7208 posts
7145 upvotes
tradinghumble wrote: Is this fast enough for a raspberry Pi?
Yes, Raspberry Pi's don't need massive data transfer speeds, you need high endurance because of the ton of small writes Raspian does.