Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

SanDisk Extreme 512GB & 1TB microSDXC U3, A2, V30 190MB/s [Steam Deck, etc] - $75, $158 (ATL)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2023 2:58 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk Extreme 512GB & 1TB microSDXC U3, A2, V30 190MB/s [Steam Deck, etc] - $75, $158 (ATL)

Amazon is currently running good deals on the SanDisk Extreme 512GB and 1TB U3, A2, V30 microSDXC cards, the newer SDSQXAV editions with max 190 MB/s read speeds and max 130 MB/s write speeds (obtaining these maximum speeds requires a U B 3.x card reader). The 512GB version is sold and fulfilled by Amazon for $75.00 and the 1TB is sold by 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon for $158.00, $38.28 or 20% off. Standard price for the 512GB version is usually between $80-$90 and for the 1TB it is usually between $225 and $240. As these are both fulfilled by Amazon you have free and easy returns if there are any issues.

This is the all-time-low pricing for both of these cards according to Keepa.

The 512GB version is available shipped and fulfilled by Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09X7C ... YIK6Y9EEQB

The 1TB version is available from two different sellers, both fulfilled by Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09X7M ... JWKJI7XQDD
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09X7M ... SPS8CTG4LX

Being rated A2 with very fast read and write speeds as well as having a stellar warranty and reputation for lifespan, these would be ideal for a Steam Deck or Nintendo Switch, Android or Apple tablet or phone and other devices where large storage, application load and smooth running are paramount. These are also ideal for photographers and videographers at 4K resolution (and some 8K scenarios, but not extended burst captures at 8K). If you're looking for security cam, dash cam or drone use, I'd suggest a different and less performant high endurance card that fits those environments (such as these). Otherwise this is a great card for most large storage, fast access needs.

716Qlc98JFL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg
9195103_original[1].jpg

9195100_original[1].jpg

--

As with all SD cards you buy, 3rd party or 1st, you should use H2testw to verify both the full capacity and read, write speeds of these cards once you receive them. If it passes these tests you did not receive a fake and, rarely if you do, you can return them easily and for free via Amazon as long as they are fulfilled by Amazon, of course (it tells you, depending on who you choose as seller). Also note that you can use the much faster FakeFlashTest tool to verify capacity as this writes and reads random sectors on the card from beginning to end. FakeFlashTest is not as thorough as H2testw, but it takes seconds to complete instead of hours and, in near all cases, catches fake cards as well. H2testw is still the recommendation, but if you don't have a few hours, FakeFlashTest will do.

H2testw
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/download/did/77/

FakeFlashTest
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... htest.html

--

For a fast card reader there are multiple options available to you. A few examples are the following Lexar USB 3.2 dual slot reader (has both full size SD and microSD slots) that supports both UHS-I and UHS-II cards, with maximum UHS-I speeds up to 185 MB/s and UHS-II speeds up to 312 MB/s. Another option is a more portable USB 3.2 single slot reader (microSD only) that also supports both UHS-I and UHS-II cards, with around the same maximum UHS-I speeds of 185 MB/s. The Lexar card reader can be found on sale at times between $25-$30 (is currently not on sale, however). The Kingston card reader usually runs around $20 (ish).

Lexar Professional USB 3.2 Type-C Dual-Slot Reader, Supports SD and microSD UHS-II Cards, Up to 312MB/s Read (LRW470U-RNHNU)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09R6JZXRL

Kingston MobileLite Plus USB 3.2 microSDHC/SDXC UHS-II Card Reader (MLPM)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B085P5FDXQ
Last edited by Elrondolio on Mar 20th, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 20 times in total.
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Do Note:

Be careful when buying these Extreme cards to verify you are not accidently buying the older model as these were updated in February of last year (with the same name! -arrrg Western Digital).

SDSQXAV is the newer model: these have higher read speeds of 190 MB/s and higher write speeds of 130 MB/s.

SDSQXA1 is the older model: these have lower read speeds of 160 MB/s and lower write speeds of 90 MB/s.
Feb 9, 2002
100 posts
90 upvotes
Solid card.
I bought this 1 TB microsd when it was $159 a few months ago. It works really well on a V2 Nintendo Switch.

For 20 bux I also bought the Kingston MobileLite Plus UHS-II card reader => https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B085P5FDXQ?psc ... ct_details

With the card reader mentioned above , I get

184 mb/s Read
131 mb/s write

cheers!
Mar 31, 2009
322 posts
249 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
Elrondolio wrote: Do Note:

Be careful when buying these Extreme cards to verify you are not accidently buying the older model as these were updated in February of last year (with the same name! -arrrg Western Digital).
Why would they change the name when it's to their advantage for you to mistake the older product for the improved product? They still need to move that old stock somehow.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
AmRando wrote: Why would they change the name when it's to their advantage for you to mistake the older product for the improved product? They still need to move that old stock somehow.
Just because they can (and it makes them money) doesn't mean they should. It's a crappy practice no matter what company does it (hello Nvidia, et al). Most companies do not do this, thankfully.

While the practice sucks, the cards themselves are very fast and good quality, thankfully. Just pick the correct one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
aqs2k wrote: Solid card.
I bought this 1 TB microsd when it was $159 a few months ago. It works really well on a V2 Nintendo Switch.

For 20 bux I also bought the Kingston MobileLite Plus UHS-II card reader => https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B085P5FDXQ?psc ... ct_details

With the card reader mentioned above , I get

184 mb/s Read
131 mb/s write

cheers!
I added that reader to the OP as I also own it and it's a good option if looking for a small, travel size microSD only reader that can take advantage of the fastest UHS-I cards. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
For phone use is transfering from phone to PC just as fast as via one of the readers OP has suggested?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
reggyDeal wrote: For phone use is transfering from phone to PC just as fast as via one of the readers OP has suggested?
It wholly depends on the phone itself. Many lower end phones have USB 2 speed readers that are pretty slow. More midrange phones can have USB 3 readers that are faster and some high end phones (that still support microSD expansion) can have the fastest readers. There's really no way to tell without trying, unfortunately.

Often, if you have a lot of data to transfer (game images or folders, etc) it's better to have a fast PC reader/writer and just swap the card between them. Same goes for Steam Decks, Nintendo Switch, etc.

Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Responding to a DM:

Yes, I have ordered from this specific seller (multiple times) and yes the cards have all been genuine. Even in a very rare case where any seller sends a fake, as long as it's fulfilled by Amazon you simply initiate a return and send it back postage free - returns are quick and refunds are deposited back to your original source within a week or so. Unlike many other stores (Best Buy, et al), Amazon takes opened cards on return without questions. Good luck.
Nov 15, 2007
209 posts
292 upvotes
Milton
Thanks for posting this. Picked this up + the Lexar reader. Both work great!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
2117 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
microSD card prices have stagnated and need to come down. (By 50% would be a good start.) The average NVMe SSD of same capacity (and even external USB-C sticks) are now cheaper (and always much faster due to UHS-I/II interface limitations).

Small m.2 2230 drives are slowly becoming more available, as companies see increasing demand from Steam Deck and Microsoft Surface devices etc.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Apr 26, 2019
297 posts
188 upvotes
For photography I would suggest to by 256GB or 512GB cards, as 1TB card is expensive when you calculate per GB value. Also, having multiple cards will make it easier to keep backup, rotate and get a longer life compared to using a single card all the time for photography and videography. In other scenarios when switching card is not an option, 1TB can be more suitable even with the higher cost.
-----------------
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Updated the OP as this is back on sale for $158.00, matching it's ATL. Added direct links to the two third party sellers at this price, both fulfilled by Amazon so still free and easy returns if there are any issues upon delivery.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Just a heads up and update to the OP:

As of today, March 14, Amazon also has a good sale on the 512GB U3, A2, V30 rated SanDisk Extreme. This matches this card's all-time-low pricing as well, according to Keepa.

$77.05 - SanDisk 512GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 190MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, 5K, A2, Micro SD Card - SDSQXAV-512G-GN6MA
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09X7C ... YIK6Y9EEQB
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Another heads up:

With the Steam Deck currently on sale, thought I'd cross-post the Samsung EVO sale that is also on right now. These SanDisk Extreme cards are faster and, in my opinion, the better option but the Samsung EVO is no slouch and is both are currently on all-time-low good deals. One can't go wrong with either brand of these fast A2 rated cards.

Samsung Evo Plus 512GB U3, A2, V30 microSDXC card - $59.99 (33% off, ATL)
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon- ... #p37404542
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Fyi: you don't need the Extreme for a Nintendo Switch since the card reader is limited to A1 speeds. No harm but you don't get any benefits and the cards cost ~50% more vs the SanDisk Ultras (eg the 512 GB Ultra is only $50)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
goozy1 wrote: Fyi: you don't need the Extreme for a Nintendo Switch since the card reader is limited to A1 speeds. No harm but you don't get any benefits and the cards cost ~50% more vs the SanDisk Ultras (eg the 512 GB Ultra is only $50)
Very true. Having said that, I transfer Steam games for our Steam Deck to and from our NAS and on to our SanDisk Extreme 1TB cards and this goes much faster with the faster card, of course (and a good reader). The 1TB SanDisk Extreme at $158 is a great price at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
As of today, March 20, the 512GB version has dropped another few dollars to $75. This, again, is the all-time-low pricing according to Keepa.

$75 - SanDisk 512GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 190MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, 5K, A2, Micro SD Card (SDSQXAV-512G-GN6MA)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09X7C2GBC

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)