Amazon.ca

Sandisk High Endurance micro SD cards [128GB $25] [256GB $46]

[OP]
May 27, 2007
15852 posts
3548 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Sandisk High Endurance micro SD cards [128GB $25] [256GB $46]

Been wanting to pick up a high capacity one for the dashcam. The 256GB finally dropped in price.

Make sure you select shipped and sold by Amazon.ca and avoid all 3rd party sellers.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07P4HBRMV/

Current Amazon prices:

128GB - $25.00
256GB - $46.81
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
85 replies
May 17, 2008
541 posts
176 upvotes
AcidBomber wrote: Make sure you select shipped and sold by Amazon.ca and avoid all 3rd party sellers.
Certainly good to do anyway, but inventory is commingled so unfortunately that doesn't affect what product you'll actually receive. Keep a close eye out for counterfeits.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1544 posts
1844 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's sold and shipped by Amazon.ca, there is still a chance to get a counterfeit since Amazon likes to mix stock with 3rd party sellers.

I suggest getting it from Costco since it's the same price online. Even better, the 256gb SanDisk is on sale for $38.99 in store this week

EDIT> Never mind. The Costco one is the not High Endurance. The SanDisk Ultra is still a really good deal if you need a regular micro SD card. But for dash cams go with High Endurance
Last edited by goozy1 on Aug 5th, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 23, 2010
662 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
goozy1 wrote: Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's sold and shipped by Amazon.ca, there is still a chance to get a counterfeit since Amazon likes to mix stock with 3rd party sellers.

I suggest getting it from Costco since it's the same price online. Even better, the 256gb SanDisk is on sale for $38.99 in store this week
But the Costco one is from the Ultra line and isn't fit for continuous video recording like dashcams. High endurance is a higher tier and warrantied for that purpose, the next level is Max endurance. The names lol.
Feb 12, 2006
550 posts
654 upvotes
chiming in as I've also known about combining same SKU bins at Amazon. Generally wouldn't have but I ordered the 256GB card for my dashcam on the other half's car and did all the usual h2testw and what not. Came back authentic capacity and expected r/w speeds. Been working pretty flawlessly in the car for about 2 months now.

Granted just one experience out of many, but it's Amazon. Should be a 0 hassle return/exchange if necessary.

Paid $47.29 at the time since I had some gift cards to kill. This is a great price for a "high endurance" card. Looks like $46.47 was ATL according to 3 humped friend.
Last edited by Kazushi on Aug 4th, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2003
810 posts
191 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's sold and shipped by Amazon.ca, there is still a chance to get a counterfeit since Amazon likes to mix stock with 3rd party sellers.

The OP’s micro SD is the high endurance version. Costco only sells the regular micro SD.
Feb 12, 2006
550 posts
654 upvotes
DC5R wrote: The OP’s micro SD is the high endurance version. Costco only sells the regular micro SD.
just caught that too.

High endurance cards usually good for tons of rw vs standard cards. Though one thing most people overlook is to get the highest capacity you can support as it will wear the card less. Queue the people who use non high endurance cards for year (I did and have, with mixed results).

Also 02-04 or 05-06 DC5?
Aug 1, 2020
147 posts
75 upvotes
Whitby
Are these cards good to use for cell phones?
Feb 13, 2021
162 posts
186 upvotes
Ordered one so now I have to buy a high-speed card reader to test it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good value high quality card reader?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9854 posts
6679 upvotes
Toronto
Winnopeg wrote: Certainly good to do anyway, but inventory is commingled so unfortunately that doesn't affect what product you'll actually receive. Keep a close eye out for counterfeits.
Sold by Amazon is definitely a better chance of getting authentic. Good to inspect and test anyway, I've never got a fake but heard it does happen from time to time.
Last edited by Angultra on Aug 4th, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2011
235 posts
137 upvotes
London
Is there any value in spending ~$8 more to get a 256GB Sandisk Extreme instead of the High Endurance for the Nintendo Switch? The Extreme is supposed to be faster, but I'm not sure if it would even make a difference for gaming storage?
Mar 26, 2012
138 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
metabrah wrote: Is there any value in spending ~$8 more to get a 256GB Sandisk Extreme instead of the High Endurance for the Nintendo Switch? The Extreme is supposed to be faster, but I'm not sure if it would even make a difference for gaming storage?
It doesn't just store the games, but you will be reading from it while playing and also writing to it while saving. Nintendo's FAQ page does recommend going for a faster card. How much of a real world difference does it make, I am unsure. https://en-americas-support.nintendo.co ... d-faq#s1q1

I'd also add that for those looking for a dashcam microSD card, I wouldn't bother getting too high capacity, you won't need to keep the recordings that far back but that's just my opinion. I have a 64GB one in mine.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1495 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op! Bought some $12 32GB cards for my $3 merkury geeni cameras!
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3222 posts
1983 upvotes
SW ON
xTheRebellion wrote: I'd also add that for those looking for a dashcam microSD card, I wouldn't bother getting too high capacity, you won't need to keep the recordings that far back but that's just my opinion. I have a 64GB one in mine.
The point of getting higher capacity for dash cams is not to keep more videos but to get fewer overwrites and extend card's lifetime.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25100 upvotes
Doesn't work with Thinkware dashcams, at least not consistently.