Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk high endurance video monitoring card 32GB

[OP]
Oct 21, 2009
746 posts
660 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk high endurance video monitoring card 32GB

These High Endurance SD Cards work best for dashcam. According to camelx3, this is the lowest price.

It is currently out of stock, but you can still place an order for this price.

14 replies
Nov 22, 2014
491 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, cancelled my order from few days ago $28 and saved money
Apr 23, 2013
586 posts
233 upvotes
Two-year warranty?

Better than one year I guess
Be nice to people k?

Go Zoomers~~~~
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2664 posts
1333 upvotes
B.C.
That reviewer from the one bad review was pretty salty!
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1075 posts
1155 upvotes
I would wait until the 64GB version goes on sale again for $30 like last month, there was a thread around somewhere here in expired deals.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11707 posts
6618 upvotes
Markham
isgaard wrote: I would wait until the 64GB version goes on sale again for $30 like last month, there was a thread around somewhere here in expired deals.
Wished I had a time machine because it was only on sale for the one day and then went out of stock...it came back in stock a day later but the price then went to $38.

I just bought the 32 gb one at this price. Don't really need 64gb capacity. I find that these things break for no reason...it really is YMMV so spending less means I'm out less $ if it breaks.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 18, 2011
254 posts
211 upvotes
North York
Out of curiosity, anyone running a dashcam manage to kill a non high endurance Sandisk card? I got a normal one before I found out about the high endurance ones and just wondering how much life remains.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6548 posts
6150 upvotes
Richmond Hill
HoRRo wrote: Out of curiosity, anyone running a dashcam manage to kill a non high endurance Sandisk card? I got a normal one before I found out about the high endurance ones and just wondering how much life remains.
Depends on what you define as 'kill'. I'd never wait for a card to be completely unusable before replacing; as soon as it requires a reformat or starts skipping clips, then its being relegated to less important uses.

Now I follow a mini maintenance schedule:
- monthly checks to make sure there aren't any missing clips,
- replace the SD card every 6 months,

But to answer your question, I typically use ADATA cards, and they'll last about a year of light driving (<12,000 kms).
Last edited by aeba7 on Dec 21st, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Mar 15, 2017
19 posts
5 upvotes
HoRRo wrote: Out of curiosity, anyone running a dashcam manage to kill a non high endurance Sandisk card? I got a normal one before I found out about the high endurance ones and just wondering how much life remains.
I've been through a couple. Seems like they last about a year to a year and a half.
Dec 23, 2010
247 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
The durability of the card depends on the type of NAND (negative and) gates used in the microSD. Common types are TLC and MLC. MLC is more durable than TLC, anywhere 2-7 times more write cycles before experiencing failure.

You can find out what type of NAND your sd card uses, then use the expected number write cycles to estimate when you might need a new card.

First determine the average amount of data you write to the sd card weekly, divide that by the size of your sd card to find out how many times you overwrite the data weekly, divide that into the expected number of write cycles to find out when (in weeks) you'll start seeing failures with your card.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2223 posts
1304 upvotes
GTA
aeba7 wrote: ...

But to answer your question, I typically use ADATA cards, and they'll last about a year of light driving (<12,000 kms).
May be I am lucky? I have my Adata card in my dash cam for 2 years or so; gone thru at least 25K KM already. Still working fine. But, I would take it out and do a quick scandisk one of these days.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Aug 6, 2016
154 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP, ordered one to have on hand as a spare whenever my current dash cam card dies.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1166 posts
794 upvotes
Thanks OP, can never be too prepared for dash cam card failures.

Too bad they only allow one purchase.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product