Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk high endurance video monitoring card 64GB in stock

[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
200 posts
49 upvotes
Brampton

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk high endurance video monitoring card 64GB in stock

I recently bought a new car dash-cam and was looking for the High Endurance MicroSd Card. Amazon had some good deals from SanDisk for both 32GB and 64GB size but they were out of stock.

Checked today and the 64GB size is back in stock for $47.20 CAD. If anyone is in similar boat you can grab it from Amazon with free shipping right now. Price is pretty decent afaik, didn't find a cheaper price for 64GB size anywhere else.
16 replies
Mar 2, 2016
128 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
These were $30 for BFD... unless you need it right now, I'd wait to see if they go back on sale for Boxing Day :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21059 upvotes
Center of Universe
philldo wrote: These were $30 for BFD... unless you need it right now, I'd wait to see if they go back on sale for Boxing Day :)
It went OOS quick!
Buy now at this price, wait for BD and return ;)
Dec 25, 2009
881 posts
194 upvotes
Question for you all:

are these really required for dashcams ?? like wouldn't a normal micro SD do the job?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13305 posts
3644 upvotes
Scarberia
wadokai wrote: Question for you all:

are these really required for dashcams ?? like wouldn't a normal micro SD do the job?
normal cards work but prolly need to format it say every couple months due to data corruption cuz of the constant rewrites/looping of vidz
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 24, 2013
159 posts
74 upvotes
Burnaby

They both will do the job but one is "rated" to last longer (num of writes and probably reads as well) than the regular SD cards. They're not the same quality. Dashcams probably say they require a certain write speed and possibly "recommend" you buy these high endurance cards.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21059 upvotes
Center of Universe
mikka2017 wrote: normal cards work but prolly need to format it say every couple months due to data corruption cuz of the constant rewrites/looping of vidz
I've been using a regular non-high endurance microSD for 2yrs now without any issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2730 posts
1395 upvotes

mikka2017 wrote: normal cards work but prolly need to format it say every couple months due to data corruption cuz of the constant rewrites/looping of vidz
This. I've been running my dashcam since early 2013 with a standard MicroSD card, but have to format 3 or 4 times per year. I stopped using the original MicroSD because the corruption became much more frequent. I got the $30 High Endurance deal but haven't used the card yet.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21059 upvotes
Center of Universe
jlo mein wrote: I just checked my receipt from Black Friday and I paid $38.94 plus tax. (Prime member)
I paid $29.99+taxes ;)
Mar 2, 2016
128 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jlo mein wrote: I just checked my receipt from Black Friday and I paid $38.94 plus tax. (Prime member)
Check the three camels... oh and also @vkizzle above :)
Dec 23, 2016
201 posts
139 upvotes

you can use lower end micro SD cards but they are not designed for constant read and write so the risk of failure is much higher. You do not want your recordings corrupted at the worst possible time. Also keep in mind that using the cheaper cards on a dashcam will void their warranty.
Apr 1, 2007
80 posts
24 upvotes
.....have been using Silicon Power micro SD xc Elite cards (blue/white colour) in my dash cam and 24x7 indoor cam for over 1 year - working well - no issues.
Dec 25, 2009
881 posts
194 upvotes
Well. I guess i have to get a high endurance card.

Do high endurance cards go on sale during boxing day or anything? I don't like the current pricing lol . I know it's on sale even now, but if i can get it cheaper i'd prefer that. =)
Jul 11, 2006
126 posts
72 upvotes
jlo mein wrote: Damn Amazon and their odd changing prices several times a day...
YES...I looked at a card reader today ..$21 or $22 and shortly after it was $74. They do track you.Smiling Face With Horns. This site does not like it when you write anything negative about Amazon.
Dec 16, 2007
690 posts
220 upvotes
TO
You might get away with a regular memory card but do you really want to find out the hard way that your video didnt save properly when you need it?