Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm - SDSSDA-1T00-G26 - $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2021 9:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1395 posts
7551 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm - SDSSDA-1T00-G26 - $99.99

Details
  • Digital storage capacity 1 TB
  • Compatible devices Desktop
  • Brand SanDisk
  • Series SSD PLUS
  • Specific uses for product Business, personal
  • Connectivity technology SATA
  • Hard disk form factor 2.5 Inches
  • Hard disk size 1 TB
  • Form factor 2.5 inches
  • Read speed 535 Megabytes Per Second
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a list of the best SSDs for your devices!
15 replies
Member
Dec 8, 2019
207 posts
339 upvotes
Bottom of the barrel SSD. It’s DRAM-less and SanDisk keeps changing the controller, flash type, and other specs.

Get the Kingston A2000 for the same price if you have a NVMe slot. Or the ADATA SU800 or WD Blue 2.5” for $10 more if you need a SATA drive. All of these have DRAM and published/known specs.
Member
Mar 18, 2008
299 posts
167 upvotes
Durham Region
kevinkuo wrote: Bottom of the barrel SSD. It’s DRAM-less and SanDisk keeps changing the controller, flash type, and other specs.

Get the Kingston A2000 for the same price if you have a NVMe slot. Or the ADATA SU800 or WD Blue 2.5” for $10 more if you need a SATA drive. All of these have DRAM and published/known specs.
ADATA and WD both got caught changing spec of their drives too. Can't trust their published/known spec either
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2014
105 posts
81 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
I also recommend Adata SU800 ! I have 2x 1TB and they have been reliable and fast for years now.
Member
Dec 8, 2019
207 posts
339 upvotes
vipervenom25 wrote: ADATA and WD both got caught changing spec of their drives too. Can't trust their published/known spec either
It’s unfortunately a type shenanigans that almost all brands have pulled in recent years. But in the case of the SanDisk Plus, Kingston A400/NV1, WD Green, ADATA SU630/635, etc. these are product lines that the manufacturer intentionally does not publish any specs (speed, endurance, etc.) so they can put in whatever components is cheapest to target the very low-end of the market.

This is different situation from ADATA changing the controller and flash brand on the SX8200, which impacted the performance characteristics, but the real world performance does still match their advertised specs.

Given the same / similar price, I personally would go for something higher in the product stack where the manufacturer does at least disclose more information, and provide a longer warranty to match.

And in this case, going for something with DRAM would give you more performance over the long term (especially since this is a SATA drive that doesn’t support HMB).
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2984 posts
1947 upvotes
kevinkuo wrote: It’s unfortunately a type shenanigans that almost all brands have pulled in recent years. But in the case of the SanDisk Plus, Kingston A400/NV1, WD Green, ADATA SU630/635, etc. these are product lines that the manufacturer intentionally does not publish any specs (speed, endurance, etc.) so they can put in whatever components is cheapest to target the very low-end of the market.

This is different situation from ADATA changing the controller and flash brand on the SX8200, which impacted the performance characteristics, but the real world performance does still match their advertised specs.

Given the same / similar price, I personally would go for something higher in the product stack where the manufacturer does at least disclose more information, and provide a longer warranty to match.

And in this case, going for something with DRAM would give you more performance over the long term (especially since this is a SATA drive that doesn’t support HMB).
Absolute hate when people rant with totally inaccurate information. All SSDs have listed performance specs and all come with a warranty that speaks to endurance. Manufacturers can and have replaced interior components since the first SSD release several years ago. As much as none of us like it, this is business and is common regardless of what we buy. Manufacturers have every right to replace interior components and this can only be questioned should the new component significantly alter the listed specs, which doesn't occur. As much as it occurs for value, recent chip shortage contributes significantly. Unless they want to fold the product, they need to use the components available at the time and have every right to. I guess if you don't like it, don't buy from any company but Intel as they are the only that has never done so without a product change that I am aware of.

No problem whatsoever with respect to the recommendation but let's keep things truthful with respect to what we are saying. Specs... I can direct you to all if you like.
__________________________
Member
Mar 18, 2008
299 posts
167 upvotes
Durham Region
flamenko wrote: Absolute hate when people rant with totally inaccurate information. All SSDs have listed performance specs and all come with a warranty that speaks to endurance. Manufacturers can and have replaced interior components since the first SSD release several years ago. As much as none of us like it, this is business and is common regardless of what we buy. Manufacturers have every right to replace interior components and this can only be questioned should the new component significantly alter the listed specs, which doesn't occur. I guess if you don't like it, don't buy from any company but Intel as they are the only that has never done so without a product change that I am aware of.

No problem whatsoever with respect to the recommendation but let's keep things truthful with respect to what we are saying. Specs... I can direct you to all if you like.
Did you actually look into some of these manufacturer part swaps?

WD for example: After changing the NAND packages on the SN550, it lost almost 50% performance after the cache was filled. When they got caught, they updated their data sheet to the new lower spec and promised to create new drive models in the future instead of updating existing ones
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 23, 2015
2286 posts
1619 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Would this work in an enclosure with my raspberry pi through the pi's usb port?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2984 posts
1947 upvotes
Their specs are nothing more than a ATTO test or test with some similar software and has NOTHING to do with speed once the cache fills. EVERY present SSD suffers same, and in fact, drops much more than 50%. They never got caught and if you believe they weren't aware of it, you are fooling yourself. They responded to backlash and that's all they did.
__________________________
Member
Mar 18, 2008
299 posts
167 upvotes
Durham Region
flamenko wrote: Their specs are nothing more than a ATTO test or test with some similar software and has NOTHING to do with speed once the cache fills. EVERY present SSD suffers same, and in fact, drops much more than 50%. They never got caught and if you believe they weren't aware of it, you are fooling yourself. They responded to backlash and that's all they did.
Yes all drives slow down after the cache is filled.

So ill clarify my comment, 50% slower than the previous version with the better NAND
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 28, 2005
6367 posts
415 upvotes
Scarborough
Would people recommend this for a Tesla for the dash cams and sentry mode?
Banned
Aug 28, 2021
93 posts
40 upvotes
What other good SSD deals are out there. Looking for old dell laptop. Price looks ok.
Newbie
Feb 10, 2013
54 posts
82 upvotes
Moncton
Thanks OP have been wanting to get a budget SSD for my home build

Amazon seemed to indicate I grabbed the last one.

Deal still active but stock on back order
Jr. Member
May 25, 2020
164 posts
285 upvotes
This deal is back, but feel like there has to be a better deal for a 1tb 2.5 drive.

Top