Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

SANSUI ES43S1A 43" Television UHD HDR Smart TV with Google Assistant (Voice Control), Screen Share, HDMI, USB - $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2022 12:31 am
Sep 30, 2011
159 posts
493 upvotes
arbytor wrote: how is this 282 with taxes in? tax 13% taking it to 303.96
282.44 CAD, a friend just ordered one for the same price, it might be because of BC taxes
(:
Aug 22, 2016
626 posts
408 upvotes
elusivest wrote: 282.44 CAD, a friend just ordered one for the same price, it might be because of BC taxes
That is the 8% tax saving difference. I understand now.
Nov 5, 2008
70 posts
88 upvotes
I ordered this caixun tv but the deemed it undeliverable. Did anyone get the TV delivered?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Labbit710 wrote: I got a Sansui TV as a welcome gift when I bought my condo. There happened to be a power outage twice within one month after I moved in and the TV decided to die after the second outage. I do not recommend the TV from this brand but that was seven years ago so maybe quality has changed.
Power surge would kill most tv if you don’t have surge protection so that doesn’t speak much about the quality of the panel. It’s really why centralize surge protection is popular for houses. For apartments and such, it’s recommended you have surge protection for any electronics (not just tv) you don’t want to lose (pretty much everything given lots would use smart plugs for lights too now). Given the frequency of surges at your condo, you might want to make sure you buy surge protectors that give warning when protection wears off too given (ideally ones that stop working as soon as there is no protection so you would notice).
Sep 30, 2011
159 posts
493 upvotes
knc06 wrote: I ordered this caixun tv but the deemed it undeliverable. Did anyone get the TV delivered?
Me and a friend got them today, Caixun 43 inch.
The TV is better than expected. Android pretty snappy. We'll see long term but for under $300 I'm ok
(:
Oct 11, 2012
166 posts
90 upvotes
OTTAWA
In for the 55" one since it had a $80 coupon bringing it down to $420. Good replacement for my dying 53" 1080p plasma. I'll report back in a week.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
plastikboy wrote: In for the 55" one since it had a $80 coupon bringing it down to $420. Good replacement for my dying 53" 1080p plasma. I'll report back in a week.
Please do. 55 inches should be quite telling.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 22, 2016
626 posts
408 upvotes
knc06 wrote: I ordered this caixun tv but the deemed it undeliverable. Did anyone get the TV delivered?
I thought I try 43" to use as additional monitor and I did received it. For the price it is a great looking bright display TV, picture quality is amazing, sound quality is great at low to medium volume, when you crank up the volume to highest there is tunnel affect.
As monitor which I will primarily use for, there is a slight lag but the picture quality is much better than what I am seeing on my laptop. I may have to play a bit more with this to figure out if this lag is really an issue for my general usage. Overall I am happy with what I got for this price.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
arbytor wrote: I thought I try 43" to use as additional monitor and I did received it. For the price it is a great looking bright display TV, picture quality is amazing, sound quality is great at low to medium volume, when you crank up the volume to highest there is tunnel affect.
As monitor which I will primarily use for, there is a slight lag but the picture quality is much better than what I am seeing on my laptop. I may have to play a bit more with this to figure out if this lag is really an issue for my general usage. Overall I am happy with what I got for this price.
Sansui or Cauxiu [sic]?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
::2dFx:: wrote: Sansui...now there's a brand I haven't heard in a long time...long long time.
Lol, right? My dad's audio setup from like the 1970's was all sansui. I think these chinese conglomerates are running out of "recognizable" brands to buy up to pump out their cheap crap. RCA, Polaroid, JVC... I wonder if they'll buy the Pulsar brand label next.
Not saying the TV is junk or not, but the practise of buying these brands for the illusion of quality has gotta have diminishing returns when you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel, to the point of bringing Sansui back. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
I have my Grandfather's 70s (possibly early 80s) Sansui turntable still kicking at home.
Sep 29, 2014
454 posts
721 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
spike1128 wrote: Same with Pioneer. So sad.
Pioneer still makes audio equipment. The speakers designed by Andrew Jones are some of the best you can get for the price.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1074 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
Angultra wrote: I use a 43" 4k TCL as a monitor and it works very well. Ideal DPI for me since can have four 21.5" 1080p windows or split different ways.
Do you have good settings for greys?
There's some websites I visit where I have no idea where the checkboxes are until I drag onto the laptop screen I'm extending from
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
arbytor wrote: Caixun
I'm very surprised it's a passable monitor.

How would you rate it as a monitor out of 10?
Oct 18, 2016
174 posts
265 upvotes
Just checking, this is 4k native, or is it 1080 upscaled.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6016 posts
3612 upvotes
Toronto
arbytor wrote: As monitor which I will primarily use for, there is a slight lag
Sometimes lag is caused by inter-frame processing. Sometimes you can turn that off by selecting an option with a name like "game mode" or "PC monitor".
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Don't get me too excited, folks.
Aug 22, 2016
626 posts
408 upvotes
Hugh wrote: Sometimes lag is caused by inter-frame processing. Sometimes you can turn that off by selecting an option with a name like "game mode" or "PC monitor".
I did not had time to play with the settings yet. I set the mode to movie mode and forgot about that, it could be the reason of lag. I will switch it to other available modes and see if the frames processing gets improved.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON
Price has gone down to $279.99 after coupon