Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Santorini Board Game

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 2:46 pm
Tags:
None
8 replies
Dec 9, 2018
4 posts
Can you tell me what age can a child start playing this game? I'm looking for a present, but not sure about age match...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
BryanLewis wrote: Can you tell me what age can a child start playing this game? I'm looking for a present, but not sure about age match...
I would say if the child can handle chess, then they should be good with Santorini.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
1008 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
BryanLewis wrote: Can you tell me what age can a child start playing this game? I'm looking for a present, but not sure about age match...
I have not played it yet but looking at the box in front of me on the cover it says "Age 8+" and "Players 2-4"
Sep 9, 2009
227 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Dead? says $37.99 for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
looks like someone revived a dead thread.

Deal is dead
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
Wait a bit. Last year Amazon has a huge boardgame sale for pretty much every single game.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Sep 28, 2018
54 posts
143 upvotes
Etobicoke
I have played it many times, actually used to own one of the designer's original hand made versions of it back in the day long before it was published (since given as a gift to a good friend).

The basic game I would put at 6+. With the "gods" rules, 8+. Some younger children will understand it, some older might struggle, depends on the child.

I will introduce my 4 year old to it soon and, though she won't yet grasp the strategic nuances, she'll understand how movement works and what the goal is. We play a ton of games, though, it's her favourite thing to do.

All that is to say buy the game, it's fantastic, and play more board games in general! :)
May 30, 2006
249 posts
85 upvotes
I agree. My 6 year old has played it pretty well. It's a good game that I consider somewhere between checkers and chess in terms of complexity and simplicity. Closer to checkers.

myso1773 wrote: I have played it many times, actually used to own one of the designer's original hand made versions of it back in the day long before it was published (since given as a gift to a good friend).

The basic game I would put at 6+. With the "gods" rules, 8+. Some younger children will understand it, some older might struggle, depends on the child.

I will introduce my 4 year old to it soon and, though she won't yet grasp the strategic nuances, she'll understand how movement works and what the goal is. We play a ton of games, though, it's her favourite thing to do.

All that is to say buy the game, it's fantastic, and play more board games in general! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)