[Amazon.ca] Saris CycleOps Aluminum Roller for Indoor Bike Trainer $300

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:19 am
[OP]
May 21, 2015
386 posts
181 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Saris CycleOps Aluminum Roller for Indoor Bike Trainer $300

Update: showing oos now... In stock on November 5, 2020.
Update:2: no longer available with prime... deal possibly expired

shipped and sold by amazon.ca

assembly seems fairly easy

showing $399 on vendor site
https://www.saris.com/product/rollers
Last edited by user512 on Oct 30th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
22 replies
Dec 20, 2018
224 posts
355 upvotes
Hopefully some non-wheel trainers will soon hit sales.
Jan 17, 2017
80 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
Hopefully...
Aliexpress has it very cheap but sipping is a killer... some times doubles the price of the item
ordered one this summer a good price but the seller canceled the order unable send it b/c covid...
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3262 posts
1666 upvotes
Toronto
I can understand the two rollers in back, but other than a spare roller, the front one doesn't seem necessary.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2909 posts
1588 upvotes
Pothole city
That Tacx Vortex deal @ 250$ from last year seems now like the deal of the decade.
I still think that to be able enjoy/keep training indoors, a smart trainer with an App like Zwift or Trainer Road is a must.
Nov 13, 2018
352 posts
787 upvotes
beachlover wrote: I can understand the two rollers in back, but other than a spare roller, the front one doesn't seem necessary.
Maybe stick to what you know then.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3262 posts
1666 upvotes
Toronto
mikebmt wrote: Maybe stick to what you know then.
Hey, thanks for clearing all that up, and sharing your knowledge. Nothing better than a RFDer who adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Dec 5, 2016
271 posts
404 upvotes
anthony9 wrote: Hopefully some non-wheel trainers will soon hit sales.
No way, trainers are having issues just staying on shelves.
Sep 4, 2013
167 posts
195 upvotes
Edmonton
beachlover wrote: I can understand the two rollers in back, but other than a spare roller, the front one doesn't seem necessary.
Very necessary. The front roller is connected to the back rollers and it spins when you pedal. So that means the front tire spins when you pedal. When the tire spins, it is way more stable and you can stay upright easier. This is the reason why it’s easier to balance on a bike when it’s rolling vs trying to do a track stand with the bike not moving.
Last edited by vcheng20 on Oct 30th, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 13, 2018
352 posts
787 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Hey, thanks for clearing all that up, and sharing your knowledge. Nothing better than a RFDer who adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.
When you were in school and all the answers to the math questions were in the back of the book, did you still go ask your teacher and friends what the answer to every question was, or did you check the back of the book?

Google is your friend. You. ABSOLUTELY added nothing to the conversation by questioning why the front roller exists. So you're also a hypocrite.

The main purpose of buying rollers is specifically because of the instability, the requirement to balance, to keep a high cadence, and never slow down your pedaling. On a regular trainer you can be a sloppy lazy rider all over the place, you can coast, grab water without worrying, etc.

Rollers require a smooth pedal stroke, a stable upper body (balance) and focus, which some people prefer.

There, since you insisted on filling the thread with useless "I don't understand" rather than just learning it yourself, you've now been taught. I've perpetuated your inability to figure anything out for yourself.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2096 posts
796 upvotes
you can get one of these instead. The one with roller in the front simulate riding on the road.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086XHD5TF/ref ... NrPXRydWU=
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Sep 8, 2010
68 posts
55 upvotes
Windsor
mikebmt wrote: When you were in school and all the answers to the math questions were in the back of the book, did you still go ask your teacher and friends what the answer to every question was, or did you check the back of the book?

Google is your friend. You. ABSOLUTELY added nothing to the conversation by questioning why the front roller exists. So you're also a hypocrite.

The main purpose of buying rollers is specifically because of the instability, the requirement to balance, to keep a high cadence, and never slow down your pedaling. On a regular trainer you can be a sloppy lazy rider all over the place, you can coast, grab water without worrying, etc.

Rollers require a smooth pedal stroke, a stable upper body (balance) and focus, which some people prefer.

There, since you insisted on filling the thread with useless "I don't understand" rather than just learning it yourself, you've now been taught. I've perpetuated your inability to figure anything out for yourself.
Hey Mike I'll get my BMT on herb and cheese, toasted with shreds & green pepper, jalapeno, onion, black olive. After toasting I'll throw some lettuce and tomato on it, and a line of Mayo. Thanks!!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2909 posts
1588 upvotes
Pothole city
xpressmerchant wrote: you can get one of these instead. The one with roller in the front simulate riding on the road.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086XHD5TF/ref ... NrPXRydWU=
I hope you can adjust the front height because riding in that position... would be challenging!
Nov 13, 2018
352 posts
787 upvotes
StudYork wrote: Hey Mike I'll get my BMT on herb and cheese, toasted with shreds & green pepper, jalapeno, onion, black olive. After toasting I'll throw some lettuce and tomato on it, and a line of Mayo. Thanks!!
Even though you didn't ask, I'll also tessellate your cheese, but only because you're such a Stud from the region of York.