• Oct 12th, 2021 11:03 am
[OP]
Oct 24, 2010
177 posts
284 upvotes
Ladysmith

[Amazon.ca] Schwinn IC4 spin bike on sale for $999.00 today

Schwinn IC4 spin bike on sale for $999.00 on Amazon.ca down from $1249.99
Last edited by Trooper11 on Aug 24th, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best spin bikes for your home gym!
37 replies
Dec 2, 2010
559 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
FYI - This was the regular (best buy) price in 2020.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2010
177 posts
284 upvotes
Ladysmith
blackstaffer wrote: FYI - This was the regular price in 2020.
Thanks.
I managed to get mine for 999.00 last year but I haven’t seen it for this price in a while.
Dec 2, 2010
559 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
Trooper11 wrote: Thanks.
I managed to get mine for 999.00 last year but I haven’t seen it for this price in a while.
Same here, just thought people might want to know that the drop is to the regular price from not long ago. My guess is they will reduce back to this as soon as sales start to decline post-pandemic.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2335 posts
1857 upvotes
Canada
Damn just bought the Bowflex C6 for $1149 a month ago. Which we all know is identical except for colour and they throw in a subscription to Jurny
Feb 20, 2006
638 posts
518 upvotes
blackstaffer wrote: FYI - This was the regular (best buy) price in 2020.
I thought i saw $899 before pandemic. The demand for fitness equipment drop off the cliff. Price for weight is almost back to normal now. For people like to workout at home now is a good time to start looking at the used market.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1359 posts
468 upvotes
Awesome! I added this to the wish list cos I was waiting for a 'sale'! They didn't even email me the price dropped so thanks for the post!
May 11, 2014
104 posts
135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If anyone is still looking for an indoor bike that's not Peloton, Amazon has the Schwinn IC4 bike on sale. It has not been this price for a long while.
Dec 2, 2010
559 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
hchai wrote: I thought i saw $899 before pandemic. The demand for fitness equipment drop off the cliff. Price for weight is almost back to normal now. For people like to workout at home now is a good time to start looking at the used market.
Pre-pandemic it actually went on sale as low as $799.99 at BB. Relevant RFD thread: best-buy-schwinn-ic4-spin-bike-800-2358310/
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2007
1053 posts
731 upvotes
van
I had to buy this bike last summer on ebay, deliver it to niagara falls and then pay another service to bring it across the border to mississauga lol.
I think iended up paying around $1300. $999 is a great deal no matter how much the price has gone up. Hooks up to peloton app super smooth.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2016
1027 posts
1272 upvotes
canada
Bike is solid. This is a good price
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1961 posts
638 upvotes
Ottawa
I wish this bike showed watts. I would definitely buy it if it did.
May 19, 2011
90 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
This was so hard to get last year. And only BestBuy had this price but limited stock. I was one of the lucky ones who snagged one but it took lots of refreshing and scanning the website every 30 mins.

If you are looking for a bike I’d jump on this. Good to see covid price premium and supply constraints slowly fading.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2431 posts
3201 upvotes
West GTA
This is a good quality bike, feels solid, operates smoothly and is durable. The only issue I encountered with the Bowflex version of this was a slight squeaking on one of the wheels, which I fixed easily with a piece of plumber's tape. The bike connects easily to the Peloton app, and the Bowflex at least came with a decent heart rate monitor that also easily connected. If you're actually going to use this regularly, it's probably the best value/quality/functionality buy for a spin bike. The seat's a bit uncomfortable, buy a seat pad. The built-in display is pretty good with the exception of the RPM indicator, which is badly designed. The resistance is heavier at low number than the Peloton, as it uses a (better) 40lb flywheel versus the Peloton's 25lb flywheel. Once you get to resistance 50 it's identical, and there are conversion tables on eBay if you want a magnet or something though you'll very quickly figure out what each resistance means. It uses SPD clips or toe cages.

Versus the Peloton bike, I'd argue it's superior as the subscription is much cheaper than the actual bike, the bike is like a third of the price and you can also use other services (Apple Fitness, Netflix, whatever). If Peloton goes under, you also aren't stuck with a relative paperweight (though that seems unlikely right now).
Mar 30, 2017
26 posts
4 upvotes
I just bought the EX-3 from Costco (arriving tomorrow) for $150 more that comes with a year membership. Any thoughts if I should buy this and return the EX-3?
Nov 27, 2014
17 posts
9 upvotes
Chrawno
I want to buy it for my dad. Thinking about waiting for another price drop.

How likely is it that it will go lower? Risk is it might go out of stock too.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2010
177 posts
284 upvotes
Ladysmith
chilakos wrote: I just bought the EX-3 from Costco (arriving tomorrow) for $150 more that comes with a year membership. Any thoughts if I should buy this and return the EX-3?
Honestly, I’d return and buy the Schwinn. It’s a solid bike with magnetic resistance, it connects to the Peloton app as well as other apps via Bluetooth.
Sep 26, 2015
688 posts
376 upvotes
frugaljerk wrote: I want to buy it for my dad. Thinking about waiting for another price drop.

How likely is it that it will go lower? Risk is it might go out of stock too.
Highly unlikely is my guess.
Feb 28, 2011
711 posts
1703 upvotes
ottawa
chilakos wrote: I just bought the EX-3 from Costco (arriving tomorrow) for $150 more that comes with a year membership. Any thoughts if I should buy this and return the EX-3?
Get QZ app and you will be able to ride any program like Zwift, Peloton etc. And best of all it has electronic resistance wich makes it automatic or auto follow resistance similar to v2 peloton for much cheaper. This functionality alone worth much more.
Schwin does not have automatic because it has mechanical resistance. Besides, I would stay away from anything equipment carrying brand Schwinn. Schwinn bicycles for example are complete garbage.

Couple of people I know got these IC4’s and one was lucky and returned and the other is squeaking and creaking like crazy. Even bike tech doesn’t know what to do with it. Warranty support says it’s acceptable. Go figure.