Amazon.ca

Schwinn IC4 spin bike on sale for $999.00 today

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2021 11:03 am
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1839 posts
1028 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: Besides, I would stay away from anything equipment carrying brand Schwinn. Schwinn bicycles for example are complete garbage.
Not even the same company. Schwinn's fitness equipment is made by Nautilus (same as the Bowfex bike) and Schwinn bicycles are made by Dorel. It's been that way since the early 2000s when Schwinn declared bankruptcy and its divisions sold off.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21362 posts
1482 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I just read that this bike is compatible with Apple Fitness+. I'm interested in getting something for the house. Is this bike gymkit compatible? Will the bike link up with my Apple Watch and record all of my stats? Does anyone here know if Apple Fitness+ supports other languages like Chinese?
Aug 22, 2019
204 posts
151 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
I swear at one time they were on BB for $699 but very hard to get. I had enough CT money collected on my card to pay for most of a C7 which was readily available and haven't looked back. Love it. Solid bikes.
Feb 28, 2011
631 posts
1433 upvotes
ottawa
ShinNoodles wrote: Not even the same company. Schwinn's fitness equipment is made by Nautilus (same as the Bowfex bike) and Schwinn bicycles are made by Dorel. It's been that way since the early 2000s when Schwinn declared bankruptcy and its divisions sold off.
Oh, ok so the company retained the name of the failure… regardless, the quality of these are not adequate. I must say Echelon is somewhat better but, not much better. However, short from dropping 5K for peloton or wahoo kickr, support for automatic resistance makes it the cheapest smart bike on the market. By smart bike I mean support for any application like peloton, echelon, zwift , sufferfest etc. And, practically echelon EX3 is the same price $1099 at Costco or, $999 Best Buy. IMHO, I would go with Costco for return policy in case of the lemon
Nov 25, 2010
97 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I just clicked on the link is the price is now $1,194.41. I guess the $999.00 was the American price. I should have grabbed it this morning.
2021: $1000 Mastercard
2020: $200 Manulife Contest, AirPod Pro
2018 : Sam Smith Tickets
2017: Going in Style movie passes, Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales Flag, Decanter Fine Wine Encounter, Free 2L of Canada Dry, Dog Food from Cesar
Apr 21, 2017
507 posts
540 upvotes
Chelsea
Sgt_Strider wrote: I just read that this bike is compatible with Apple Fitness+. I'm interested in getting something for the house. Is this bike gymkit compatible? Will the bike link up with my Apple Watch and record all of my stats? Does anyone here know if Apple Fitness+ supports other languages like Chinese?
Where did you find that ? The only Fitness+ bike I could find was the Peloton Bike+ at 3.2K…
Nov 25, 2010
97 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is back up.
2021: $1000 Mastercard
2020: $200 Manulife Contest, AirPod Pro
2018 : Sam Smith Tickets
2017: Going in Style movie passes, Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales Flag, Decanter Fine Wine Encounter, Free 2L of Canada Dry, Dog Food from Cesar
Oct 8, 2007
298 posts
255 upvotes
Ontario
Since this thread (and deal) are only a few days dead, I hope it's OK to revive and ask a Q.

Does Schwinn set their prices for their sellers, so that if it's on sale on Amazon, it will be on sale at Best Buy and anywhere else that sells this bike, or should I be checking sites daily watching each for a separate sale?
Feb 5, 2009
992 posts
232 upvotes
gena_mak wrote:
Get QZ app and you will be able to ride any program like Zwift, Peloton etc. And best of all it has electronic resistance wich makes it automatic or auto follow resistance similar to v2 peloton for much cheaper. This functionality alone worth much more.
Schwin does not have automatic because it has mechanical resistance. Besides, I would stay away from anything equipment carrying brand Schwinn. Schwinn bicycles for example are complete garbage.

Couple of people I know got these IC4’s and one was lucky and returned and the other is squeaking and creaking like crazy. Even bike tech doesn’t know what to do with it. Warranty support says it’s acceptable. Go figure.

I got an IC4 and it started making clicking sounds from the crank area, had to call into their support line 3 separate and wait over an hour each time to try different things and had a couple of service visits and the bike was still not to my liking and they offered me a replacement, so I took that, and it’s better but not perfect by any stretch. So I would say the quality of the bike isn’t the best, but their support line is pretty good after you get through.
Feb 28, 2011
631 posts
1433 upvotes
ottawa
dealCker wrote: I got an IC4 and it started making clicking sounds from the crank area, had to call into their support line 3 separate and wait over an hour each time to try different things and had a couple of service visits and the bike was still not to my liking and they offered me a replacement, so I took that, and it’s better but not perfect by any stretch. So I would say the quality of the bike isn’t the best, but their support line is pretty good after you get through.
Echelon is not the best quality either. I would say comparing mine echelon and couple of Schwinns I know, mine started clicking after 8 months and I fixed it by tightening crank. Both Schwinns developed clicking within 3 to 5 weeks.
I would gladly buy Kaizer bike with its legendary reliability however, lack of automatic resistance make it less of a bike for me.
The major advantage of echelon bikes though, for the same price you are getting automatic resistance. This is smart bike category for $999. Go find something cheaper.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1210 posts
262 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: Echelon is not the best quality either. I would say comparing mine echelon and couple of Schwinns I know, mine started clicking after 8 months and I fixed it by tightening crank. Both Schwinns developed clicking within 3 to 5 weeks.
I would gladly buy Kaizer bike with its legendary reliability however, lack of automatic resistance make it less of a bike for me.
The major advantage of echelon bikes though, for the same price you are getting automatic resistance. This is smart bike category for $999. Go find something cheaper.
Also to use the QZ app with the echelon you need a 2nd device to display the metrics when using the bike with the peloton app so keep that in mind as well.
Feb 28, 2011
631 posts
1433 upvotes
ottawa
kazkira wrote: Also to use the QZ app with the echelon you need a 2nd device to display the metrics when using the bike with the peloton app so keep that in mind as well.
Ok, what is your point? I use iPad for Zwift and my iPhone for QZ… used iPads or iPhones or fire tablets etc… are not expensive. Also, these days with all the upgrades people are making to their phones and services, many have extra smart phones or old tablets available.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1210 posts
262 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: Ok, what is your point? I use iPad for Zwift and my iPhone for QZ… used iPads or iPhones or fire tablets etc… are not expensive. Also, these days with all the upgrades people are making to their phones and services, many have extra smart phones or old tablets available.
I am just putting that out there so the information is out there for those who are interested in these bikes. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just something to keep in mind when making an informed decision.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1312 posts
820 upvotes
Manitoba
How does this compare to the Renpho exercise bike?
Feb 5, 2009
992 posts
232 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: Echelon is not the best quality either. I would say comparing mine echelon and couple of Schwinns I know, mine started clicking after 8 months and I fixed it by tightening crank. Both Schwinns developed clicking within 3 to 5 weeks.
yup you re right my schwinn started clicking a month or two in, but the replacement hasn't strarted clicking yet. fingers crossed and it's been a year since i got it.

Anyways, I got the ic4, the first one i got wasn't so great, but the replacement is working fine for me. :) so i guess it's just a word of warning that if you buy one you may need to call schwinn for support sometime.
Aug 17, 2006
509 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Costco one, but amazon is cheaper now. Any recourse for us?
Jun 19, 2018
143 posts
49 upvotes
Edmonton
tweep0 wrote: I bought the Costco one, but amazon is cheaper now. Any recourse for us?
Return it to Costco and buy the Amazon one.