Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Seagate 1TB Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X and Series S - $272.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2021 5:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8919 posts
10053 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Seagate 1TB Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X and Series S - $272.99

UPDATE: Now $272.99

Image

Expand the storage space on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S console with this Seagate 1TB Storage Expansion Card. Compatible with the Xbox Velocity Architecture for faster load times, richer environments, and more immersive gameplay, this proprietary card's 1TB of storage gives you loads of space and easy plug-in play capabilities.
Last edited by 9394 on Aug 22nd, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
121 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 11, 2019
642 posts
662 upvotes
I want one but the price to storeage ratio is just too high. I will buy when the 2tb is this price. I think Amazon and other stores have the same price and were first to lower the price.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
11546 posts
2155 upvotes
Guelph
Will need one for my series s but gonna wait until the price comes way down.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Member
Nov 6, 2006
352 posts
305 upvotes
Coquitlam
I desperately need storage but this price is too high. I will wait for hopefully cheaper or bigger models to be available.
Member
Dec 3, 2018
420 posts
902 upvotes
It will be interesting to see if the prices of these proprietary storage cards will come down to being only a slight premium over SSD market prices or will this turn into a total consumer gouge-fest so 1 year from now when 1 TB NVMe drives are $150 (for example) will these still be $300?
Member
May 19, 2017
379 posts
557 upvotes
considering these run pcie 4.0x2 so overpriced but thats what you get for buying an xbox i guess
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2018
157 posts
337 upvotes
stingyshopper wrote: It will be interesting to see if the prices of these proprietary storage cards will come down to being only a slight premium over SSD market prices or will this turn into a total consumer gouge-fest so 1 year from now when 1 TB NVMe drives are $150 (for example) will these still be $300?
The WD Black 1 TB NVMe can be had for $140+tax, pretty ridiculous that Xbox would do this when the PS5 hard drive addition is so simple - another reason to stick with PC I guess
Member
Aug 19, 2019
295 posts
436 upvotes
stingyshopper wrote: It will be interesting to see if the prices of these proprietary storage cards will come down to being only a slight premium over SSD market prices or will this turn into a total consumer gouge-fest so 1 year from now when 1 TB NVMe drives are $150 (for example) will these still be $300?
Did you say "1 year from now when 1 TB NVMe drives are $150 (for example) " - On slickdeals, there are deals showing up with PCI Gen 3 NVME 1 TB drives for less than 100 USD already. Recently i saw one for 89 USD.
NVME prices are already low south of the border. They just dont convert to CAD at the current conversion rates. Too bad.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1113 posts
999 upvotes
refuse to pay more than 150$ for 1tb... my external ssd will have to do for now for last gen games and cold storage
Member
Dec 3, 2018
420 posts
902 upvotes
I know they're already that cheap but I don't know enough about NVMe drives to know if those meet the performance specifications like the PS5 requires.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8919 posts
10053 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what's with all the comments. There's only one choice if you want to expand your storage and this is it and you can save $23 right now.
Last edited by 9394 on Aug 17th, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
3414 posts
3536 upvotes
Montreal
Let's be real this ain't a deal lmaooo at least $50 off
Jr. Member
Feb 24, 2008
121 posts
409 upvotes
Bradford
F22dwn wrote: The WD Black 1 TB NVMe can be had for $140+tax, pretty ridiculous that Xbox would do this when the PS5 hard drive addition is so simple - another reason to stick with PC I guess
Sorry but how is the PS5 HDD addition so much simpler than the XSX? I've got a 2 TB external plugged into my Series X and just need to copy any Series X games over to the SSD from the external if I want to use them. My understanding is this is simply a 1 TB SSD expansion so you can just play games without needing to copy from the external.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15798 posts
7095 upvotes
London
F22dwn wrote: The WD Black 1 TB NVMe can be had for $140+tax, pretty ridiculous that Xbox would do this when the PS5 hard drive addition is so simple - another reason to stick with PC I guess
That drive is not anywhere near good enough for either console

$275 is actually a very reasonable price

It costs more and is actually significantly harder to do a PS5 upgrade
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8919 posts
10053 upvotes
Toronto
danzerino wrote: Let's be real this ain't a deal lmaooo at least $50 off
Didn't realize saving almost 8% is not a deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15798 posts
7095 upvotes
London
9394 wrote: Not sure what's with all the comments. There's only one choice if you want to expand your storage and this is it and you can save $23 right now.
It's the only option if you want to expand the storage for XSX games

You can use any run of the mill external HDD for anything that isn't XSX
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2015
709 posts
662 upvotes
Vanier, ON
F22dwn wrote: The WD Black 1 TB NVMe can be had for $140+tax, pretty ridiculous that Xbox would do this when the PS5 hard drive addition is so simple - another reason to stick with PC I guess
You might have bought a wrong version of WD Black for PS5...
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15798 posts
7095 upvotes
London
x8ssJoe wrote: You might have bought a wrong version of WD Black for PS5...
Definitely did...because it's $100 more for the right one... + the cost of a heatsink to add to it
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1264 posts
1179 upvotes
Kinda wish there was an adapter that can plug in the slot and you can attach an m.2 drive.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)