• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 5:15 pm
[OP]
Oct 18, 2004
357 posts
221 upvotes
Windsor

[Amazon.ca] Seagate 2TB Internal 3.5" 7200rpm 256MB Cache HD - $64.99

This comes on and off again at Amazon but if you're looking for a PC build with some storage that isn't on your SSD this is decent. Checking the camel site, the last time it was at this price was just before Christmas, and before that, March 2020.

P.S. I don't post deals often but doing this to be thoughtful and considerate to someone looking for a decent deal. So be kind, eh.? Covid-19 has been rough lets not add to it.
Last edited by LaZeRACED on Feb 20th, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
75 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5326 posts
8394 upvotes
Montreal
OP, you could have put the brand and the price in the title. It would have prevented many useless clicks.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1287 posts
511 upvotes
KANATA
Do people still use 2TB drives?

I literally tossed out a bunch of 2TB seagates that I havent used it ages because 2TB is so 2017.
derpin
Jan 19, 2007
903 posts
607 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: Do people still use 2TB drives?

I literally tossed out a bunch of 2TB seagates that I havent used it ages because 2TB is so 2017.
They're still more reliable for data storage if they're not being tossed around. Unless something has changed in the past 3 years, the ability to recover data from an HDD is still easier than an SSD.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1287 posts
511 upvotes
KANATA
kronos288 wrote: They're still more reliable for data storage if they're not being tossed around. Unless something has changed in the past 3 years, the ability to recover data from an HDD is still easier than an SSD.
I have been changing all my mechanical drives to ironwolfs. 1 big ironwolf is more reliable than 2 barracudas.

I may be an exception though, as I run +30TB of storage, that 2TB is too small to take up a port.
derpin
Apr 18, 2017
682 posts
1326 upvotes

Nope. No one uses 2TB drives anymore. In fact, everyone - including OEMs - are now installing 4TB SSD in every single computer.
Nov 24, 2018
45 posts
46 upvotes
Pretty sure his point wasn't in regards to ssd vs HDD. His point was likely in regards to the size.
2tb is pretty small for HDD usage these days.
kronos288 wrote: They're still more reliable for data storage if they're not being tossed around. Unless something has changed in the past 3 years, the ability to recover data from an HDD is still easier than an SSD.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9747 posts
1963 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SMR I assume
[OP]
Oct 18, 2004
357 posts
221 upvotes
Windsor
Temporel wrote: OP, you could have put the brand and the price in the title. It would have prevented many useless clicks.
Updated.

Hence why I don't post deals too much B.S. You're here because people like myself graciously give their time to give a deal update, however imperfect, but condemn their graciousness when it doesn't meet your standards? Maybe take it up with Redflagdeals if they can modify the recommendations in the title line for future entrants that occasionally post? All you had to do was apply my quote below and I would have been grateful for your assistance instead of feeling slighted.

How about" Hey OP, thanks for the post, it's appreciated and welcomed. Quick tip, if you put the brand and price in the title, it would help deal addicts like myself better qualify the link before clicking. Have a great day!"

Nothing dispirited and provides a teachable moment.
Last edited by LaZeRACED on Feb 20th, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2017
161 posts
450 upvotes
Canuckticut

Are you really asking this? Jesus...
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1287 posts
511 upvotes
KANATA
XGonGiveItToYa wrote: Are you really asking this? Jesus...
Yah.

Its 2021. If people are still using 2TB mechanical drives, they are doing storage wrong.
derpin
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3593 posts
826 upvotes
These puppies are cheap and fast for secondary storage.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3454 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
LaZeRACED wrote: Hence why I don't post deals too much B.S. You're here because people like myself graciously give their time to give a deal update, however imperfect, but condemn their graciousness when it doesn't meet your standards? Maybe take it up with Redflagdeals if they can modify the recommendations in the title line for future entrants that occasionally post? All you had to do was the following and I would be grateful for your assistance instead of feeling slighted.
It's the nature of "the average" person.
They love to dish out rude behavior, but when others give it back to them, they get defensive and plea for kindness. They love to be inconsiderate, but when others are inconsiderate, they complain.

Good job and don't stop. Let the haters be haters, but use it as an opportunity to either learn, or learn not to care about them haters. RFD is a mixed bag, and I'm sure you will eventually see all kinds of people. Many on here are great people.

This is a good price for a 2tb! It depends on what you want to use it for.
My main machine has an nvme + 2tb that will last me years to come.
My NAS is another story. Would never buy a 2tb in this age for a NAS, but that may be due to being a media hoarder lol.
Aug 25, 2019
476 posts
458 upvotes
Thanks for sharing OP..ignore the naysayers
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 22nd, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3454 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
Neocodex wrote: Yah.

Its 2021. If people are still using 2TB mechanical drives, they are doing storage wrong.
SMH...
If you don't own a Ferarri, your doing driving wrong.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2061 posts
1982 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: Yah.

Do you have all your backups in SSD?
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1771 posts
460 upvotes
TORONTO
All my damn Seagate drives have failed after literally 3 years