Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB3 $109 ($100 after ME PM, $103 FS/BB) FREE SHIP

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2012 6:41 pm
Jul 24, 2001
452 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB3 $109 ($100 after ME PM, $103 FS/BB) FREE SHIP

For those who missed the $99 Black Friday deals for the Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB3 3.5 external drive, Amazon.ca has it for $109 with free shipping.

Amazon.ca link

PM with MemoryExpress to get it for $100 (currently $144.99).

MemoryExpress link

PM with BestBuy to get it for $103 (currently $169.99).

BB link

PM with FutureShop to get it for $104 (currently $159.99)

FS link

A nice extra for this drive is it also comes with a 2-year warranty.
16 replies
Apr 10, 2005
649 posts
147 upvotes
Montreal
Amazon description says:

"The Backup Plus desktop drive features a unique adapter system that lets you quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or change the drive's interface. Take advantage of the newest, fastest connections--now and in the future: Choose from USB 3.0 (included), USB 2.0, Thunderbolt technology and Firewire 800."

Any idea what that's about with the thunderbolt compatibility? I can't imagine that at this price you can actually get thunderbolt speeds out of it...
Apr 10, 2005
649 posts
147 upvotes
Montreal
msb45 wrote: Amazon description says:

"The Backup Plus desktop drive features a unique adapter system that lets you quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or change the drive's interface. Take advantage of the newest, fastest connections--now and in the future: Choose from USB 3.0 (included), USB 2.0, Thunderbolt technology and Firewire 800."

Any idea what that's about with the thunderbolt compatibility? I can't imagine that at this price you can actually get thunderbolt speeds out of it...
Never mind. Looked it up, apparently you need to buy an adapter from seagate (100$) and the thunderbolt wire (50$) according to Macworld.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1009 posts
70 upvotes
NCIX site says sold out, limit of 1 per customer

Amazon.ca = $170 now

ME sold out online

pricematch w/FS or BB -- possibly better to buy local and pay the $3, easier to take it back if they die in the first 14-30 days
Oct 19, 2006
752 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon.ca still have it for 109 but it's out of stock until later.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
showing 170 at amazon now, i assume it's dead?
Nov 26, 2003
101 posts
19 upvotes
just PM'd at FS in Newmarket, ON..got it for $103 - tax in
Nov 11, 2012
45 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
I got it in FS for $104. Thanks for tip. Did a Price beat at FS.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Just snap off the enclosure's usb connector, and use it as an internal drive if you need the speed. There is really no point in buying thunderbolt for this drive, or removing the drive from the enclosure and voiding the warranty.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1009 posts
70 upvotes
bb320 wrote: Amazon.ca still have it for 109 but it's out of stock until later.
NICE work, yes the link forces you to a 3rd party seller...

...you have to click other sellers 'NEW FROM $109.00' then you can order them, they WILL ship @$109 when Amazon gets them in

-so you maybe have until midnight tonight to lock in a bunch.
-far better to get a PM, which is I suppose possible
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1009 posts
70 upvotes
bpopman wrote: just PM'd at FS in Newmarket, ON..got it for $103 - tax in
I noticed that the NCIX site claimed 32 units in stock
only when you added to cart, did it finally state: sold out online

Is this how you got the PM ? Wondering if you did it another way, since the only hope now would be Amazon
Oct 19, 2006
752 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't bother with PM, Ordered through the link and I just receive a notice that I will get the shipment by the 29th :)

based on bpopman's price, I paid $20 dollar more to save time, gas, and the agony (FS/BB reps can be a ______ sometimes)
Dec 1, 2003
758 posts
38 upvotes
rageking wrote: Just snap off the enclosure's usb connector, and use it as an internal drive if you need the speed. There is really no point in buying thunderbolt for this drive, or removing the drive from the enclosure and voiding the warranty.
I did this to test the drive before removing it from the enclosure, but I wouldn't recommend this as a permanent solution. Airflow inside the enclosure sucks so the drive gets hot, REALLY hot. Can't imagine how hot it would get inside a closed computer case 24/7. For my testing I left my case open and pointed a room fan at my computer to keep the drive from overheating.
Jul 24, 2001
452 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
crazychamp wrote: none of the links show the price posted..
Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale pricing is over. Time to look forward to Boxing Day. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)