• Feb 12th, 2017 7:53 pm
16 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19864 posts
8179 upvotes
Toronto
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Facepalm!

OP's link is to an external USB case for hard drives not just a case.
If you open my link. It's a case for an external 2.5 inch hard drive.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3510 posts
3489 upvotes
carmaster wrote: If you open my link. It's a case for an external 2.5 inch hard drive.
Dude look carefully at OP's item ...it's a case with a USB so you don't have to take off the case to use it ..... it's an entirely different product than what you linked to ....
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2768 posts
1575 upvotes
Winnipeg
The difference being you cannot put a 2.5" drive into your case and expect it to work. It's just a case.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11686 posts
5687 upvotes
LOL but did you open the link? lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
213 upvotes
carmaster wrote: These cases are better for a 2.5 inch hard drive. I use it with my Seagate backup Plus Slim.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-5-Zipper-Stora ... fOl-ZHx5VA
Enough knowledge to copy and paste but not enough to understand even the basics of what you are doing is dangerous to everyone else.

Your link:
2.5" Zipper Storage Protect Carry Case Pouch Bag Holder For USB Hard Drive Disk
Is that the same as what the OP put? How many computers have you put together?
Last edited by johnnygeorgekins on Feb 12th, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3510 posts
3489 upvotes
carmaster wrote: I guess people have trouble reading and opening links
Apparently they do
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2621 posts
2943 upvotes
pongster wrote: Dude look carefully at OP's item ...it's a case with a USB so you don't have to take off the case to use it ..... it's an entirely different product than what you linked to ....
I wouldnt say they are entirely different product.
Op's cae only fits Seagate backup plus. Has cut out for usb plug.
Although that's more convient, carmaster's case offers better protection and can be used with different 2.5 portable drives.

Carmaster is suggesting different case that serves same purpose. Protect portable hdd
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
213 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: I wouldnt say they are entirely different product.
Although that's more convient, carmaster's case offers better protection and can be used with different 2.5 portable drives.

Carmaster is suggesting different case that serves same purpose. Protect portable hdd
They are significantly different.
The one the OP posted is a case that stays on the unit all the time even when in use.
The other unit is a pouch to carry your HD from place to place, looks to be well insulated too and I don't think electronics like heat insulation.
Aug 23, 2007
227 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
zentro wrote: From what I can tell this case is specifically for the Seagate Backup Plus Slim models to provide extra protection. It's NOT a SATA To USB drive enclosure, as it only offers holes for the connector.

Same price on BestBuy btw: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sea ... 26915.aspx
Thanks for specifying this. I was going to order two, thinking it's a USB3.0 enclosure I can put a bare drive into. I wish Amazon was a bit more specific about what it's for.

In essence, it's an Otterbox-like case for an external Seagate drive.
Apr 26, 2005
531 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
Dreamrider wrote: I wouldnt say they are entirely different product.

agree.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5391 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I used the case as a filler item to get free shipping for movies I bought. :)
Jan 28, 2011
119 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well, there's a difference between a 'case' (which is for protection) and an 'enclosure' (which provide connector for an HDD). As the description stated, it's a case and the USB connector IS NOT included.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)