Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Seagate Ironwolf 10 TB - $279.99/12 TB - $359.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2019 5:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2010
1886 posts
264 upvotes
Brampton

Seagate Ironwolf 10 TB - $279.99/12 TB - $359.99

Deal Link:
Price:
359.99
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
If the link doesn't work, try this:


Seagate IronWolf 10 TB

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H241VK4/ref?th=1&psc=1


Seagate IronWolf 12TB
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H241VJY/ref ... dDbMV05KDR


I think this is a better deal than the WD Red 10 TB drive a few days ago.

For $10 more, you get an extra 2 TB of storage space.

Edit: just added the 10 TB as well. Its OOS, but you can still order it.
Last edited by Ironsmack on Jun 23rd, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
33 replies
Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2010
364 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
30/gb is amazing.
ships in 1-3 months, fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.
Jr. Member
May 5, 2008
113 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
Will give this a try and see if it gets fulfilled. I even got a further 10 percent off for friends and family of Amazon! I do need an external to backup my entire Nas so this will do nicely. Would rather have ordered 3 tho and done a rebuild.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3558 posts
834 upvotes
DevistatR wrote: Will give this a try and see if it gets fulfilled. I even got a further 10 percent off for friends and family of Amazon! I do need an external to backup my entire Nas so this will do nicely. Would rather have ordered 3 tho and done a rebuild.
I have never heard of a F&F coupon at Amazon. How does that work?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25954 posts
11388 upvotes
DevistatR wrote: I even got a further 10 percent off for friends and family of Amazon!
Hey it's me your cousin Roman death_hawk
Member
Nov 5, 2003
376 posts
4 upvotes
Thx OP....was interested in the WD Red 10Tb drive but couldn't pull the trigger.....now have ordered the12Tb Ironwolf, had $30 in Amazon gift cards which made this deal one to jump on. With this drive I have doubled my NAS Storage.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2009
2188 posts
440 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
I'm due to upgrade my 8TB's to 10TB's very soon (usually every two years I bump them by 2TB's) .... this would have me covered for 4 years instead of about 2.

would like to know more about this F&F 10% off. I'd pull the trigger on a couple for sure with another 10% off
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Member
User avatar
Jul 15, 2009
286 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
The IronWolf 12TB are sealed-helium (all IronWolf 10TB or greater are sealed-helium).

One way of checking is that helium drives will be lighter despite having more platters (e.g. the 8TB IronWolf is listed at 780g shipping weight, while the 14TB IronWolf is 689g).
Member
Jan 6, 2008
362 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you, OP. 1 limit for me, though.
Jr. Member
Dec 23, 2010
187 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
anatman wrote: The IronWolf 12TB are sealed-helium (all IronWolf 10TB or greater are sealed-helium).

One way of checking is that helium drives will be lighter despite having more platters (e.g. the 8TB IronWolf is listed at 780g shipping weight, while the 14TB IronWolf is 689g).
Uh...are you suggesting it is lighter because it is filled with helium?
Member
User avatar
Jul 15, 2009
286 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
xtothel wrote: Uh...are you suggesting it is lighter because it is filled with helium?
lol. No the helium allows the platters to be spaced much closer together so you need much less material.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3252 posts
545 upvotes
Water loo
anatman wrote:
lol. No the helium allows the platters to be spaced much closer together so you need much less material.
If they would have used Cavorite class gas, it would have weighed -32grams.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2421 posts
319 upvotes
ncr
what's the difference between that and ironwolf pro?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 7, 2007
662 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Good find OP. What would be a good NAS device to pop two of these into and have them mirrored?

Top