Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS Internal HDD – CMR 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for RAID | 11%Off | $334.99

[OP]
Jun 10, 2004
599 posts
1257 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS Internal HDD – CMR 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for RAID | 11%Off | $334.99

81+054mzXML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • IronWolf internal hard drives are the ideal solution for up to 8-bay multi-user NAS environments craving powerhouse performance
  • Store more and work faster with a NAS-optimized hard drive providing ultra-high capacity 10TB and cache of up to 256MB
  • Purpose built for NAS enclosures IronWolf delivers less wear and tear little to no noise/vibration no lags or down time increased file-sharing performance and much more
  • Easily monitor the health of drives using the integrated IronWolf Health Management system and enjoy long-term reliability with 1M hours MTBF
  • Three-year limited protection plan included

-Callahan-

Lowest Price EVER on CCC!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1304 posts
670 upvotes
Montreal
FWIW I have the 12TB versions in my NAS (ST12000VN0007, 32.6TB RAID 5 array) and they are rock solid for my needs (media server). My only complaint is that they are much louder than the WD Reds they replaced, might be important for some.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
I remember that at some point there was an issue with using 10TB IronWolfs in a Synology NAS. The smaller sizes were fine but the 10TB wasn't. Does anyone know if that's still the case?

I'm asking on behalf of someone else, not for me because I'm a true RFD'er who shucks 10TB external drives to get at the Barracuda Pros inside.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Feb 11, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
CalgaryRunner wrote: I remember that at some point there was an issue with using 10TB IronWolfs in a Synology NAS. The smaller sizes were fine but the 10TB wasn't. Does anyone know if that's still the case?
there was a firmware upgrade required to fix that synology issues. I forgot the guy YT channel but his Argentinean on how to do it. Did it to my drive.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Agent47w wrote: there was a firmware upgrade required to fix that synology issues. I forgot the guy YT channel but his Argentinean on how to do it. Did it to my drive.
Thanks for the info. I'll hunt down the fix.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12973 upvotes
EliteJay wrote: $33/TB is extremely expensive. Get this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088S9PWNM when it drops to $398 and shuck it-- it has an Exos X16 inside which is the best drive Seagate makes.
While you're not wrong and the drive is unlikely to change for a while, one has to know what they're getting into before they go down the shucking route.
Warranties (may) become void and the internal drive may change.
This actually happened on the 10TB. It went from a Barracuda Pro to an Iron Wolf.

Buying a retail drive comes with 100% warranty and you know exactly what drive you're getting.

That said, I'm a shucker.
Nov 15, 2016
31 posts
25 upvotes
What drives are in the 8tb version? I am looking to fill out the Synology 918+ that has 3 8tb ironwolfs in it