Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Secura Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Warmer 250ml with FREE cleaning brush $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 1:19 pm
[OP]
May 3, 2015
124 posts
131 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Secura Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Warmer 250ml with FREE cleaning brush $49.99

I've been looking for this frother for a few months, it was $79.99 for a long time

now is a much more reasonnable price

lot of people consider this the best frother on the market, i'll give it a try!
Images
  • 71Aqf1e8IsL._SL1500_.jpg
11 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2327 posts
1346 upvotes
montreal
I have this at home for 5 years not.
This is the price I paid.
Still going strong.
Only GST (5%) for QC.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3717 posts
1068 upvotes
Ottawa
The reviews on this product get an 'F' rating at fakespot.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1564 posts
107 upvotes
superbigjay wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 10:03 am
I have this at home for 5 years not.
This is the price I paid.
Still going strong.
Only GST (5%) for QC.
I've had mine for about the same time. Works great.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2187 posts
311 upvotes
I will add to superbigjay's 2 cents: we have had one for over a year and it works great. Mother in law loved her latte every time she visited, so we got her one for Christmas. If you are looking for a frother that works well and is easy to use and clean, I would recommend this one. That said, this is the regular price from what I have seen.
Jun 17, 2003
621 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
I'm partly interested, and partly skeptical.

a) can someone explain the advantage of using this vs: heating some milk in a cup in the microwave and then using a $10 hand-held frother?
b) The $50 version has a max capacity of 125ml of milk before frothing for a latte — half a cup, or 4oz. A medium (or 'grande' @ starbucks) is 16oz, and technically, only 2oz of that is espresso. Even if you double the milk volume through frothing (more like a cappuccino than a latte), you'd need 7oz of pre-froth capacity.

Am I wrong? Should I stick with my microwaved-then-wand-frothed lattes?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
andjules wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:11 pm
I'm partly interested, and partly skeptical.

a) can someone explain the advantage of using this vs: heating some milk in a cup in the microwave and then using a $10 hand-held frother?
b) The $50 version has a max capacity of 125ml of milk before frothing for a latte — half a cup, or 4oz. A medium (or 'grande' @ starbucks) is 16oz, and technically, only 2oz of that is espresso. Even if you double the milk volume through frothing (more like a cappuccino than a latte), you'd need 7oz of pre-froth capacity.

Am I wrong? Should I stick with my microwaved-then-wand-frothed lattes?

Convenience is $$$.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=34754576 Same reason why this exist. People can't warm up a cup of water and add formula lol
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2327 posts
1346 upvotes
montreal
knapper wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:08 pm
That said, this is the regular price from what I have seen.
Also agree with knapper for the regular price ...
Jul 11, 2004
226 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal
I'll chime in on owning this for 6 months now. I had two Nespresso units fail on me and was sick of spending over $100 on them. Went with this and had mixed results. My issues with the Nespresso ones was that they'd boil the milk (after 2+yrs). This Secura started doing that on and off after about 4 months, not at the 6 month mark it's boiling it all the time. Basically 1/4 the normal foam and burning hot milk. It's somehow a lot harder to clean than the Nespresso ones too, always need to dive back in 2 or 3 times to get the edge or around the wisk area.
Jul 22, 2004
969 posts
341 upvotes
Montreal
Same, we bought this to replace a Nespresso one that had failed.
The volume of milk is fine for a single coffee. It works fine and all, but we found that the cleaning isn't as easy as they say. There is always a bit of cooked milk stuck to the bottom so you have to clean it thoroughly. The Nespresso had the same issue, so we're fine with it.

I wouldn't say it is life changing, but at half the price of the Nespresso one, it is fine for our needs.

And yeah, $50 is regular price.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2187 posts
311 upvotes
Kynax wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 1:05 pm
Same, we bought this to replace a Nespresso one that had failed.
The volume of milk is fine for a single coffee. It works fine and all, but we found that the cleaning isn't as easy as they say. There is always a bit of cooked milk stuck to the bottom so you have to clean it thoroughly. The Nespresso had the same issue, so we're fine with it.

I wouldn't say it is life changing, but at half the price of the Nespresso one, it is fine for our needs.

And yeah, $50 is regular price.
For cleaning we found a dry paper towel, then rinse clean worked best. You can see the burnt milk come off clean with the paper towel.
Banned
Oct 20, 2010
311 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I'd recommend getting a steamer instead of a frother. big diff