Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Seiko Men's 5 Sports Automatic Watch with Nylon Strap, Green, (Model: SRPE65) - $142

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 8:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1559 posts
975 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Seiko Men's 5 Sports Automatic Watch with Nylon Strap, Green, (Model: SRPE65) - $142

I've been watching this for a while now, and it usually hovers around the $200~ mark which is already cheaper than anywhere else on the internet. It suddenly dropped to 142 which is a very good deal for a made in Japan seiko automatic, provided you like the green dial.

EDIT: See Post #3 for more models with the dive bezel!
Last edited by cgg123321 on Nov 6th, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
See Post #3 for more models
108 replies
May 6, 2020
55 posts
386 upvotes
This deal is incredible. I got one during bay days for 263 and I thought that was a steal lol.

If you're into the color I think this one's a no brainer.
Oct 17, 2005
362 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
I wanted black like the SNK809... Great deal though...
Mar 5, 2011
164 posts
137 upvotes
Chalovskii wrote: Is it me or does this look like an SKX
I think the new 5 Sports series is supposed to be a spiritual successor to the SKX.
Dec 30, 2017
501 posts
583 upvotes
GTA
Must resist... Got the Alpinist in prime day...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3925 posts
1425 upvotes
Montreal
Why do they still call these sports watches? ... I don't see any features that make it sports oriented (ok, maybe the strap).
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1067 posts
676 upvotes
TDot
That's a great price for this watch. Instant buy.
Nov 7, 2019
18 posts
38 upvotes
Those affordable Seiko 5 models are being slowly discontinued as Seiko moves upmarket. These are good deals now but may seem like steals in the future if that trend continues. Even if it doesn't, they are unlikely to get much cheaper.
Apr 12, 2018
18 posts
28 upvotes
Absolutely love the look of this with a brown leather strap (image stolen from a previous RFD thread). I was thinking about buying a Sistem51 as my first mechanical about a month ago, but ended up ordering a Vostok off ebay instead. But I could pick up one of these too for less than the total price of the Sistem51, tempting...
Images
  • 760x760_smart_fit (1).jpg
Mar 14, 2018
100 posts
102 upvotes
Ugh, I didn't need another watch, but I bought it anyway...
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5850 posts
2391 upvotes
Debtario
That SRPE71 for $160 is lava hot! Ordered anyway. Already got the blue and green 5KX from the Bay on wednesday, each for $225 all in
GT!! wrote: Why do they still call these sports watches? ... I don't see any features that make it sports oriented (ok, maybe the strap).
Product differentiation for marketing purposes - sports makes it sound exciting and makes you think active lifestyle, feel cool, athletic, handsome, etc

Otherwise the term loosely covers mostly anything that's not a dress watch on a leather band, so divers are sporty, g shocks are sporty, field watches are also sporty etc.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Aug 19, 2018
131 posts
54 upvotes
Definitely dont need another watch....
Impulse bought anyways. Hope the wife is okay with it. Face With Tears Of Joy I saw the photo with the brown strap and really liked how it looked. Not a fan with the nylon green. Any suggestions on a decent priced brown band like the photo above?