Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Seiko Men's Japanese-Automatic Watch Sarb035 - $399.59 (NOW $520)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 12:26 am
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton

[Amazon.ca] Seiko Men's Japanese-Automatic Watch Sarb035 - $399.59 (NOW $520)

Seiko SARB035 is priced at $399.59.
It's great value for a discontinued model.
I believe it's the same price as prime day.
Last edited by duraikmurugan on Dec 5th, 2020 10:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
165 replies
Apr 24, 2014
60 posts
184 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just bought it and logged on to RFD to post it. Great price! This is the last watch of its kind from Seiko. This has the 6r15 movement compared to the 4r35 they're putting in their newest dress watches, which are more expensive, have lower power reserves, worse accuracy, and a hardlex crystal instead of sapphire.

I've been keeping an eye on stock levels since they restocked earlier this week and they had ~210 in stock this morning. Was ~270 a few days ago, so I'm sure it'll sell out again at this price.
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton
SomeoneOnRFD wrote: Just bought it and logged on to RFD to post it. Great price! This is the last watch of its kind from Seiko. This has the 6r15 movement compared to the 4r35 they're putting in their newest dress watches, which are more expensive, have lower power reserves, worse accuracy, and a hardlex crystal instead of sapphire.

I've been keeping an eye on stock levels since they restocked earlier this week and they had ~210 in stock this morning. Was ~270 a few days ago, so I'm sure it'll sell out again at this price.
How do you check stock levels?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1128 posts
276 upvotes
SomeoneOnRFD wrote: Just bought it and logged on to RFD to post it. Great price! This is the last watch of its kind from Seiko. This has the 6r15 movement compared to the 4r35 they're putting in their newest dress watches, which are more expensive, have lower power reserves, worse accuracy, and a hardlex crystal instead of sapphire.

Tough to decide between my recent purchase of the SRPE51 for $210...at $399 is this SARB worth double the price?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
humansoul wrote: Tough to decide between my recent purchase of the SRPE51 for $210...at $399 is this SARB worth double the price?
I have the SRPE51, and I've owned the black dial SARB033 before. I kinda like the SRPE51 more aesthetically, TBH. The SARB has a better movement, but the SRPE looks nicer IMO.
Apr 24, 2014
60 posts
184 upvotes
Montreal, QC
duraikmurugan wrote: How do you check stock levels?
I added 500 to my cart and it said "this seller only has 270 of this product available." There might be a more elegant way to do it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can't do that anymore because they added a three-per-customer limit on it at some point today. If anyone knows a better way to check stock levels, I'd be curious to know!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1128 posts
276 upvotes
najibs wrote: I have the SRPE51, and I've owned the black dial SARB033 before. I kinda like the SRPE51 more aesthetically, TBH. The SARB has a better movement, but the SRPE looks nicer IMO.
I think in the ideal setting, both fit the bill. I could see keeping both and using the srpe more for daily/work and the sarb for special occasions. I never did imagine that I could attain a SARB at this price, thus the reason for my thinking if it's an 'expensive steal' price Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Apr 24, 2014
60 posts
184 upvotes
Montreal, QC
humansoul wrote: is this SARB worth double the price?
If you like the aesthetics of the SRPE51, then probably not. I'm a big fan of the dauphine-style hands on the SARB since they're reminiscent of Grand Seiko's hands and they're a bit less sporty. But for half the price, the SRPE51 is a solid watch. The SARB seems to be a bit more popular and will probably hold its value well, if that matters to you. Most used 035s on the second-hand market sell for around the same price that this one is listed at new on Amazon, so you can't go wrong if you stick to the "buy first, think later" motto!
Last edited by SomeoneOnRFD on Nov 20th, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 24, 2014
83 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Ordered two of these previously. Had issues with watch hands not lining up, misaligned crown, misaligned hour markers. If you do a google search of the 6R15 movement you'll find tons of reports poor with accuracy. Can I live with all that for $400? hmm...
Mar 18, 2007
128 posts
69 upvotes
Ottawa
Man, I wish Seiko didn't discontinue the blue dial SARB045.
One of the classiest looking amongst the SARB watches.
Feb 1, 2011
78 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal
The SARB is the best looking Seiko watch by far, it rivals the Grand Seiko/Rolex explorer aesthetics for fractions of their prices. I didn't expect them to come back into stock so I bought mine used, albeit in perfect condition. This is a steal to jump on
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op,

Was on the fence as I already got the alpinist from the last sale but after seeing a picture of this with a grey leather strap, was immediately sold. I believe this price is cheaper than on Amazon prime day too
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Enjoy your watches. Mechanical movements too much of a pain in the neck for me to bother with any more myself.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
I too have had it with mechanical movements. My Seiko SZSC003 stopped keeping accurate time after a year and getting worse by the day. I'm now paralyzed by what to do with this expensive, non-working piece of junk.

I'll be buying cheap quartz watches from now on.
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sandav wrote: I too have had it with mechanical movements. My Seiko SZSC003 stopped keeping accurate time after a year and getting worse by the day. I'm now paralyzed by what to do with this expensive, non-working piece of junk.

i was gonna offer to buy it from you but then I looked up what it looked like...
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
atomee wrote: i was gonna offer to buy it from you but then I looked up what it looked like...
It's called the Seiko "Monster" for a reason.
Apr 28, 2017
408 posts
522 upvotes
Reminds me of my grandfather used to wear a similar watch. Missing you, granddad.
Dec 30, 2017
752 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
sandav wrote: I too have had it with mechanical movements. My Seiko SZSC003 stopped keeping accurate time after a year and getting worse by the day. I'm now paralyzed by what to do with this expensive, non-working piece of junk.

That's one beautiful watch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)