Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Seiko Men's Stainless Steel Japanese Quartz Silicone Strap, Black, Casual Watch - 50% OFF

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 3:04 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
665 posts
1539 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Seiko Men's Stainless Steel Japanese Quartz Silicone Strap, Black, Casual Watch - 50% OFF

Seiko Men's Stainless Steel Japanese Quartz Silicone Strap, Black, Casual Watch (Model: SSB347)
https://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-Stainless-J ... 220&sr=8-3

Reg price $ 371.99. Sales Price $ 186.78

Features:

Stainless Steel Case
Silicone Strap
Quartz Movement
Caliber: 8T63
Black Dial
Hardlex Crystal
Analog Display
Chronograph Function
Tachymeter Scale
12/24 Hours Display
Accuracy: ±15 Seconds Per Month
Luminous Hands And Indexes
Date Display
Screwed Case Back
Buckle Clasp
100M Water Resistance

Approximate Case Diameter: 44mm
Approximate Case Thickness: 13mm
86 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2627 posts
5838 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok I have to ask, why does this cost $190...?

Looks like it could be $50?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2627 posts
5838 upvotes
Vancouver
Andro wrote:
Before someone brings battery life, I get 10 days with my watch and all features on
I get ~ 2500 days on my $15 Casio F-91W, with all features on
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
1035 posts
1888 upvotes
Calgary
Andro wrote: How do you guys/gals live with non-smart watch/fitness tracker in 2021?

Can't imagine wearing something like this today, no step/mileage stats, no email/text alerts, etc.

Before someone brings battery life, I get 10 days with my watch and all features on
That’s your choice for what to flex on?

Ok, you do you…
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Aug 29th, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Everyone has their thing, we're all here to save money while doing it…
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2010
102 posts
125 upvotes
Oakville
Can't tell if you're joking right now.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1152 posts
1639 upvotes
Ontario
When I do my runs I wear my Garmin, when I'm at work I wear an actual watch and email/text on my PC/laptop and Phone, checking email and text on a tiny little screen seems silly when I tried it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10642 posts
4739 upvotes
Ontario
danascully wrote:
I get ~ 2500 days on my $15 Casio F-91W, with all features on
What features, other than time/date?

Nice. Does it count steps,kms,calories,heart rate? Any notification from your phone?

Do you plug it in to recharge or do you need to unscrew it to replace battery? All I do is drop mine on magnetic charger while I take shower, and I am good to go.

I'll get over 30 days if I turn off smart features, but why do that. Charging is super easy.
RockyMtns27 wrote:
That’s your choice for what to flex on?

Ok, you do you…
No flex, just curious
sajeesh wrote:
Can't tell if you're joking right now.
No joke, curiosity
Jimbo67 wrote: When I do my runs I wear my Garmin, when I'm at work I wear an actual watch and email/text on my PC/laptop and Phone, checking email and text on a tiny little screen seems silly when I tried it.
I agree with some of what you say, but I don't check whole email. Just checking from whom, title, etc. Texts are coming out quite nicely on screen too. Makes life much easier.

You wear Garmin during runs, but not during daily routine? Missing out on quite a bit of activity info, imo.
Last edited by Andro on Aug 29th, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 21, 2013
1965 posts
2698 upvotes
GTA
Andro wrote: How do you guys/gals live with non-smart watch/fitness tracker in 2021?

Can't imagine wearing something like this today, no step/mileage stats, no email/text alerts, etc.

Before someone brings battery life, I get 10 days with my watch and all features on
TBH After I got an Apple Watch my 12 watches have been collecting dust. Feel naked without the smart watch on.

Damn.
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 14, 2003
80 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto ON
Grabbed a Warehouse version just last week. Arrived 10/10. Great looking Solar. The strap is exceptionally comfortable.
Last edited by kosmo33 on Sep 5th, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Jun 7, 2020
107 posts
134 upvotes
Andro wrote: What features, other than time/date?

Nice. Does it count steps,kms,calories,heart rat? Any notification from your phone?

Do you plug it in to recharge or do you need to unscrew it to replace battery? All I do is drop mine on magnetic charger while I take shower, and I am good to go.



No flex, just curious



No joke, curiosity



I agree with some of what you say, but I don't check whole email. Just checking from whom, title, etc. Texts are coming out quite nicely on screen too. Makes life much easier.

You wear Garmin during runs, but not during daily routine? Missing out on quite a bit of activity info, imo.
It's not about functionality, but it's about fashion and appreciating some of these watches build quality.

You can't dress up an outfit with a smart watch compared to a real physical watch.

Also, a really high end watch will outsurvive multiple generations. Smartwatches barely have a useful life of 2 years right now.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10642 posts
4739 upvotes
Ontario
Xonixlol wrote: It's not about functionality, but it's about fashion and appreciating some of these watches build quality.

You can't dress up an outfit with a smart watch compared to a real physical watch.

Also, a really high end watch will outsurvive multiple generations. Smartwatches barely have a useful life of 2 years right now.
This is nowhere near high end watch. The only reason why I'd replace my watch is another Smart watch with more/better features. Maybe it'll happen within 2 years, but it won't be because watch is bad, its because I would want more. Regular watch features are very limited, the only difference is design/build quality. Also tough to have one if you live active lifestyle
Last edited by Andro on Aug 29th, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jan 6, 2016
64 posts
323 upvotes
The World is One Fam…
can't go wrong with Seiko at that price point. I wear an apple watch 24x7, but certain occasions demand some sophistication, and at that point, I don't mind wearing a good analog watch. just splurged on a citizen world timer today - may have to pass.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10642 posts
4739 upvotes
Ontario
Taurean wrote: can't go wrong with Seiko at that price point. I wear an apple watch 24x7, but certain occasions demand some sophistication, and at that point, I don't mind wearing a good analog watch. just splurged on a citizen world timer today - may have to pass.
I would think that if you wear it on occasion you'd want something fancier than the watch in op
Jr. Member
Jun 7, 2020
107 posts
134 upvotes
Andro wrote: This is nowhere near high end watch. The only reason why I'd replace my watch is another Smart watch with more/better features. Maybe it'll happen within 2 years, but it won't be because watch is bad, its because I would want more. Regular watch features are very limited, the only difference is design/build quality. Also tough to have one if you live active lifestyle
Well your point earlier was that all physical watches are inferior to smart watches in 2021, which is why I brought up the point in quality man.

And again, I'd prefer to not pay $300 every 2 years just because the OS has became too slow.

To each their own though man!
Last edited by Xonixlol on Sep 2nd, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Oct 2, 2004
79 posts
42 upvotes
I think I've gone full circle. I used to always wear an analog watch until I got my Apple Watch which I then wore for about a year or two. Then I started missing the variety of having different timepiece styles on my wrist. I also felt like it was a bit redundant having a smart watch. If someone messaged me, I'd still have to take out my phone to reply back and if I wanted to anything beyond a couple of button presses like look up a song on Spotify I'd still need to take out my phone.

I do miss seeing notification of messages on my wrist while driving but it's not that bad.

I still swap over to my Apple Watch when I head to the gym but that's the only time I wear it now.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
7205 posts
8964 upvotes
Scarbs
People buy watches for the same reason they buy cars with manual transmissions, charcoal grills, cameras etc

Automatics are easier to drive. Propane grills are easier to start. Cell phones are more convenient for pictures. But for some people, its about the appreciation of the old school and the classical feeling that modern technology has eroded.

Imo, if we only bought things that maximized utility, life would be very boring
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2950 posts
2640 upvotes
Antarctica
Andro wrote: I don't understand the point of regular watch, other than collectible piece, which this is certainly not.

Its like using non-smart phone in 2021. Sure you can, but life is gonna suck
I don’t use smart watches but I do have a fitness tracker for runs.

Are people really that attention deprived they have to have a wrist mounted notifications device at all times or their lives start to suck? My smartphone alone was terrible enough till I toned things down a bit.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
To me, it's about having the right tool for the occasion. People can have more than one laptop, desk, set of speakers, bike, car, boat, cottage, house...etc... Why not more than one watch as well? No one needs to justify their purchase to anyone (except to the wife)...and certainly not to @Andro.

What a dumb thing to ask. Just because there's e-bike, it doesn't mean older tech don't have their place.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2004
3227 posts
963 upvotes
Mississauga
Why does it have to be one or the other? I have my fitness band on my right wrist and my Seiko on my left.
Images
  • IMG_20210830_000914.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2295 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
aeba7 wrote: People buy watches for the same reason they buy cars with manual transmissions, charcoal grills, cameras etc

Automatics are easier to drive. Propane grills are easier to start. Cell phones are more convenient for pictures. But for some people, its about the appreciation of the old school and the classical feeling that modern technology has eroded.

Imo, if we only bought things that maximized utility, life would be very boring
nuff said

Top