• Dec 3rd, 2020 1:44 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2008
622 posts
420 upvotes
Orangeville

[Amazon.ca] Seinfeld The Complete Series Box Set DVD $42.97

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FWMMQT3?m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Update 2: still available at 42.97 but you have to choose the amazon.ca. main page now shows 3rd party for some reason likely due to availability. Amazon ships 1 - 4 weeks.
Update: it's OOS but ships in 1-2 days Dec 2 @ 9:20pm.
Last one in stock at time of posting and Yes it's just DVDs....

Lowest according to camelcamel*camel Canada. huh... guess this site is not welcome here.
Last edited by RFDSimon on Dec 3rd, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated link to show Amazon as seller
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9773 posts
2829 upvotes
Vancouver
Available on crave as an FYI
Autocorrect sucks
Dec 25, 2012
717 posts
1004 upvotes
Ontario
Pretty easy to get free online if you know where to look. Also, it's only dvd not blueray. Great sitcom
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7206 posts
7005 upvotes
Toronto
Niffler wrote: Seinfeld is coming to Netflix in 2021
And who knows how much it will remain on Netflix... so this is a great deal for fans of the show, not even having into account that a DVD includes extras that are not on Netflix
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Sep 22, 2008
622 posts
420 upvotes
Orangeville
still available at 42.97 but you have to choose the amazon.ca. main page now shows 3rd party for some reason likely due to availability. Amazon ships 1 - 4 weeks.
[OP]
Sep 22, 2008
622 posts
420 upvotes
Orangeville
micromen wrote: Pretty easy to get free online if you know where to look. Also, it's only dvd not blueray. Great sitcom
Why so vague if it's something legit? If I am correct in what you're implying, my response is "why shop for deals when you can steal? /s"
Coolcicada wrote: Seinfeld has never been released on Blu-ray.
This. Netflix will be streaming 4k for the 1st time but not sure if it's remastered or upscaled. My guess is the later. https://hd-report.com/2019/09/18/netfli ... emastered/

For me as a collector, I went for it and this is the first DVD (non HD) purchase in years. I find it a good deal as to own the series. If HD is coming up in physical form, I am sure it will take some time to go down in price. HD is available to purchase on iTunes US but it's quite pricy right now.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23084 posts
28588 upvotes
Seinfeld was filmed in 35mm and will be remastered in 4K in 2021.

Source: https://fstoppers.com/originals/have-yo ... %20in%204K).

Theoretically, 35mm allows for a fairly clean 8K remastering, and a dirty 16K remastering at the limits of film resolution.

Audio can be enhanced using the more sophisticated methods of today, I'm no audiophile so I don't know details here.
Dec 25, 2012
717 posts
1004 upvotes
Ontario
dilligafeh wrote: Any deals on VHS box sets ?
LOL, I heard it's coming out in 2022 but don't hold your breath.
Oct 21, 2005
787 posts
729 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Seinfeld was filmed in 35mm and will be remastered in 4K in 2021.

Source: https://fstoppers.com/originals/have-yo ... %20in%204K).

Theoretically, 35mm allows for a fairly clean 8K remastering, and a dirty 16K remastering at the limits of film resolution.

Audio can be enhanced using the more sophisticated methods of today, I'm no audiophile so I don't know details here.
Can't wait to see the hilariously low definition outdoor on-location footage interspersed with the 4K remastered film footage. And the 16:9 version crops out the top and bottom of the film, so you lose a lot of area that was intended to be viewed. Might be a reason for some people to stick with the DVD version. I already have the entire series on DVD collecting dust, but it's much easier to download a copy whenever I want to watch it than to find an old laptop i can use as a DVD player. Is it stealing if I've paid for it?