Amazon.ca

Sengled Multi Colour LED lights.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 10:39 am
[OP]
Aug 18, 2019
51 posts
66 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Sengled Multi Colour LED lights.

I've been in the market for some smart lights this past month, these seem to be a good balance of price and quality. After reviewing Philips hue, lifx and other brands these seem to come out to be a good deal at $21.41 per bulb.

For those who missed out on the Philips hue starter pack from Homedepot these might be a good alternative if you have an existing hub like Smartthings.

Normal Price: $149.99
Discount: 43% off
Sale Price: $85.64
Price per bulb: $21.41
Images
  • senglend.PNG
7 replies
Dec 9, 2010
164 posts
42 upvotes
Welland
I have a number of these bulbs, some in colour and other simply white, and some that go into the ceiling pockets(BR30), I have an older house that in some cases I could not put in TPLink switches and went with these bulbs. My son has in his apartment as well as he rents. Once in a while one will loose it wifi connection, but that reconnects. I have a total hybrid house with google, alexa, and siri (turn on / off with homebridge and include in scene for leaving home and good night to turn them all off) . I highly recommend and especially if you can get on sale.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1387 posts
1422 upvotes
ON
Normal price of $150 for 4 sure seems inflated. I think I may have seen these go down to $60 but not too often.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
[OP]
Aug 18, 2019
51 posts
66 upvotes
PCreighton wrote: I have a number of these bulbs, some in colour and other simply white, and some that go into the ceiling pockets(BR30), I have an older house that in some cases I could not put in TPLink switches and went with these bulbs. My son has in his apartment as well as he rents. Once in a while one will loose it wifi connection, but that reconnects. I have a total hybrid house with google, alexa, and siri (turn on / off with homebridge and include in scene for leaving home and good night to turn them all off) . I highly recommend and especially if you can get on sale.
Yeah I couldn't find anything else on sale right now that are still decent quality. I grabbed a pair of globe wifi lights from costco and that were $29.99 for a 3 pack and they were terrible in almost every aspect. Thanks for your input.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3079 posts
3039 upvotes
You talk about these being a good balance of price and quality -- can you explain what qualities these offer over the other RGB bulbs that sell at costco/thesource/walmart for $8/bulb?
[OP]
Aug 18, 2019
51 posts
66 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: You talk about these being a good balance of price and quality -- can you explain what qualities these offer over the other RGB bulbs that sell at costco/thesource/walmart for $8/bulb?
Those other bulbs are WI-FI bulbs which constantly drop out and lag for me. These link up with various hubs that are connected with a mesh network and are more reliable. Also those bulbs from costco and walmart that I have tried; the actual RGB colours are very dim and not as accurate in my opinion vs higher end bulbs I've seen. I've spent too much time researching all the different brands and price points. The general consensus are that these bulbs are basically the equivalent to Hue in terms of quality. If I could find a decent bulb for $8 then I'd be all over it. Thanks.
Dec 4, 2006
81 posts
2 upvotes
I've been using Sengled bulbs with my Hubitat hub for a year. For these multicoloured bulbs specifically, the colour reproduction is okay, brightness is good for the price, and Zigbee performance is more than sufficient. The best part of these bulbs is that they do not act as repeaters, which can wreak havoc on a Zigbee mesh if someone turns on the wall switch :@

I purchased 8 more (2 4-packs) of them this March for $51 per pack... so this deal is warm :)
Apr 12, 2016
60 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
I bought these for 55 back in March, The bulbs are good but this is not a good price. anything below 60 and you should pull the trigger.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)