• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2020 8:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5400 posts
858 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Sengled Smart LED Soft White A19 Starter Kit $18.58

Saw another post with Sengled multi colour bulbs, this one has 2 white and the hub. Lowest ever tracked by the triple-hump.

Great for those who don't need different colours.
16 replies
Jul 15, 2010
159 posts
351 upvotes
Vancouver
From warehouse it's $16.08
Jan 6, 2016
2 posts
Quispamsis
I have these, they are excellent. This is a killer price, I just picked up another. I bought my first one on sale for $50 a year ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3178 posts
542 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Does anyone have these? How’s the quality? Any major flaws compared to the higher priced brands?
I had these in my old home so that when someone turned on one light in the hallway, it would turn in the 2 in the washroom. The two in the washroom maybe 5% of the time would not turn on or be delayed in turning on. I used them with a Smartthings hub. These are zigbee.
Nov 21, 2018
16 posts
172 upvotes
M6G 1H7
Has anyone had luck controlling this with the Google Home, WITHOUT the Sengled Hub?
Videos confirm that this works with Alexa (Amazon Echo), but I couldn't confirm the Google Home (without Hub) control
Thanks!
Mar 25, 2010
75 posts
67 upvotes
Québec
I've been using these bulbs for 2 years now. I have 8 of them. They're not as bright as Philips hue or other premium brand, but they're fantastic for the price. I bought 4 more 2 days ago.

Never had an issue with them. They never disconnected on me either. There's a small delay when you turn them on (a second, or so). When you experience a power outage the bulb will turn back on when the electricity comes back if the bulb was turned off by software and the physical switch is still on.

Nothing alarming imo. I use them with SmartThings and they act as an relays to your ZigBee network on top of it.
Jan 15, 2016
76 posts
4 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I’ve gone through 3 sengled hubs and couldn’t get it connected. When I first purchased, I had no problems and everything worked, then the app was updated and despite them sending me 2 hubs and countless support emails, I gave up and bout a smarthings hub. No problem since
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1646 posts
2943 upvotes
Toronto
Scruffythecat wrote: I’ve gone through 3 sengled hubs and couldn’t get it connected. When I first purchased, I had no problems and everything worked, then the app was updated and despite them sending me 2 hubs and countless support emails, I gave up and bout a smarthings hub. No problem since
thx for the feedback. So the hub included in this kit isn’t the one you finally bought right?
[FS] SportChek GC at 87%
I love great flight deals
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2621 posts
686 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Does anyone have these? How’s the quality? Any major flaws compared to the higher priced brands?
No issues from my perspective, using them with a SmartThings hub (and not using the Sengled hub).
Jan 6, 2016
2 posts
Quispamsis
sidddd wrote: Has anyone had luck controlling this with the Google Home, WITHOUT the Sengled Hub?
Videos confirm that this works with Alexa (Amazon Echo), but I couldn't confirm the Google Home (without Hub) control
Thanks!
The bulbs are based on the Zigbee protocol so you need to have some Zigbee enabled hub to control them (Sengled hub, Alexa Echo Plus, etc)
Oct 11, 2006
338 posts
35 upvotes
I had almost 2 years. It's good. Working peefect.
Feb 9, 2008
530 posts
104 upvotes
sidddd wrote: Has anyone had luck controlling this with the Google Home, WITHOUT the Sengled Hub?
Thanks!
These will definitely NOT work without a zigbee hub (Sengled hub, smartthings hub, amazon echo plus, etc). The Google homes (now known as nest hubs) do NOT have zigbee hubs built in.
Jan 15, 2016
76 posts
4 upvotes
Victoria, BC
LarryT778370 wrote: thx for the feedback. So the hub included in this kit isn’t the one you finally bought right?
No, I wasted so much time with the sengled hubs. Bought the Samsung smart things hub and no problems. Other devices work as well though if you have one of those already, I didn’t have anything else so can’t comment on them.
Feb 9, 2008
530 posts
104 upvotes
I have these (and other Sengled) bulbs (2700K, 5000K and RGB versions), they all work fine for me. For some I had to plug them in, leave them on and wait for their firmware to get updated. I also have some Philips Hue bulbs (RGB, ambiance, and the regular ones), the one difference I notice is the Philips one change brightness gradually (over half second or a second) but the Sengled ones change the bright immediately so they feel an bit jittery.

Price-wise the Sengled ones end up being a lot cheaper. Some Rona stores have these stater kits on clearance for $12.50 and individual bulbs on sale for $3.75.