[Amazon.ca] Senheiser 450BT Headphones - $140

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2021 9:00 pm
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
98 posts
96 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Senheiser 450BT Headphones - $140

Seem like a good buy. Apparently fit isn't for everyone but usb-c and good sound quality.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 29th, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6514 posts
6349 upvotes
Dudeydudee wrote: Seem like a good buy. Apparently fit isn't for everyone but usb-c and good sound quality.
Biggest problem IMHO is they aren't completely over ear. While on ear (even partially) is tolerable for a couple hours, whole day it's not.

Would LOVE to replace my wired Sennheiser's, can wear them all day without a lick of discomfort, I so wish they still made ones like that but true over ear for a decent price.
Dec 12, 2017
3 posts
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Placed an order with Amazon for $140. Felt it was worth to try it out as comfort is a very subjective thing (plus my current one is on-ear). More confident with Amazon's returns policy, even though $20 more expensive than London drugs.

Will be using to replace/upgrade from my Sony WH-CH500 for home use for work, house chores and entertainment (movies and music).
Jul 11, 2004
43 posts
46 upvotes
I grabbed these when Shoppers had them for $89.99 late last year. I use them daily with no comfort issues, and they sound great for my tastes.

My son has a pair of Sennheiser's a step down from these, and the 450BT's sound so much better. I have no complaints with these headphones.
Oct 2, 2008
446 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Got these at shoppers at $89.99 and 20x the points. I use them everyday and the comfort it's great but not the best for $140.
Sounds good but I do get random pops of audio time from time.
Battery is good too and it's not too heavy so you can wear for long periods.
May 5, 2020
2 posts
Have had these for a couple of months now, really happy with them.
Jan 13, 2016
5 posts
Moncton, NB
I bought these from Shoppers last year, overall happy with them despite the fit issues that others have mentioned. Just a heads up that since I bought them there has been a new firmware version released which fixed an issue I was having where the headphones would keep announcing the remaining battery life. Not sure if they are being sold with the latest version installed now, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to check.
Oct 23, 2016
67 posts
39 upvotes
repatch wrote: Biggest problem IMHO is they aren't completely over ear. While on ear (even partially) is tolerable for a couple hours, whole day it's not.

Would LOVE to replace my wired Sennheiser's, can wear them all day without a lick of discomfort, I so wish they still made ones like that but true over ear for a decent price.
These are fully over ear for myself and my wife and we have, I believe, average sized ears. The problem that I have with these is they don't breathe at all so the slightest bit of exercise, even just vacuuming, causes them to be wet. Sound and battery life are great.
Mar 17, 2015
219 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dealsdeals10 wrote: These are fully over ear for myself and my wife and we have, I believe, average sized ears. The problem that I have with these is they don't breathe at all so the slightest bit of exercise, even just vacuuming, causes them to be wet. Sound and battery life are great.
That is true.. sometime I am seating down and heater is cracked up and I see some sweat.

You can't use them while working out for sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1128 posts
853 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
I got them when shoppers had them for $95 or whatever it was. They're definitely nice, but are lacking some features i'd like. They dont swivel and lay flat, which sucks for transporting them, they don't automatically turn off when you take them off like some others (for me that'd be useful), and the ear holes could be bigger. Also, maybe mine is weird but you have to hold the power button down for a few seconds to turn them on/off which bugs me.

For the price, though, worth it i'd say.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Nov 15, 2013
688 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
I have the old 4.40BT, they’re not bad but the fit is really too tight. I had to buy a third party pad from aliexpress and it made it a lot more comfortable. That being said, i stopped using it and I have mine for sale if anyone wants lol
Ju Leon...