Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser 599 SE $129.99 & 559 $99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 11:35 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1078 posts
648 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser 599 SE $129.99 & 559 $99

I've been using the 598 SEs (older model) for like 7 years 8 hours a day for gaming, music, movies and TV shows. Cant recommend these enough. They sound balanced and are super comfortable.

The 559 is available for $99.

https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-559 ... 01L1IIEKM/
Last edited by Flames on Dec 2nd, 2019 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2297 posts
786 upvotes
if you need headphones, the standing rule is don't think or do any more research, just get either of these when they're on sale. they're comfortable, durable, the cable and earpads can be replaced if/when they go bad, and they sound as good as anything for any price. more expensive stuff sounds different, not better. these can be your last headphones. this is the normal sale price.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Loomy wrote: if you need headphones, the standing rule is don't think or do any more research, just get either of these when they're on sale. they're comfortable, durable, the cable and earpads can be replaced if/when they go bad, and they sound as good as anything for any price. more expensive stuff sounds different, not better. these can be your last headphones. this is the normal sale price.
Agreed. Just to note that the prerequisite is that you need an open-back headphone.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
4745 posts
1404 upvotes
Kitchener
My 598 just wouldn't break and I think I have a backup pair of 598se. What's new with 599?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Member
Feb 12, 2008
261 posts
61 upvotes
Scarborough
I am looking at he4xx, these, or the 6xx, or HD 58x. what is the best sound for the money? More gaming focused than anything else. Currently do not have a dedicated sound card as my old one doesn't fit new x570 board. I currently have the Samson sr850. I have large ears and dont find my current x900 sony noise cancelling all that comfortable.
Jr. Member
Feb 6, 2019
156 posts
100 upvotes
How big a problem is the open back when mixing live at a large venue (church)?
Member
May 5, 2017
437 posts
151 upvotes
melias2 wrote: How big a problem is the open back when mixing live at a large venue (church)?
You'd be better off with a close back like the m50s. Otherwise you will find yourself blasting music. These are not designed for live mixing at all.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2010
111 posts
28 upvotes
Been wanting to upgrade my ten year old m50s, due to open back will these be a distraction to colleagues in an open office setting?

I've only ever really had closed backs, so any recos on similar products with closed backs (if they're an issue) would also be helpful :)
Jr. Member
Nov 3, 2006
195 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
gr1mey wrote: Been wanting to upgrade my ten year old m50s, due to open back will these be a distraction to colleagues in an open office setting?

I've only ever really had closed backs, so any recos on similar products with closed backs (if they're an issue) would also be helpful :)
Definitely, they leak sound like crazy.

You might want to consider Sennheiser HD598CS (closed-back version of the HD598) when they go on sale. They might go on sale on Boxing Day.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2010
111 posts
28 upvotes
allawi wrote: Definitely, they leak sound like crazy.

You might want to consider Sennheiser HD598CS (closed-back version of the HD598) when they go on sale. They might go on sale on Boxing Day.
Thank you, will keep an eye out.
Jr. Member
Nov 3, 2006
195 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
gr1mey wrote: Thank you, will keep an eye out.
Alternatively, check out Sennheiser 4.50NBTC, it's on sale for $119 on Amazon right now.

It's closed-back, wireless, and noise-cancelling. The only downside (IMO) is comfort but if you're fine with the M50 then this should work for you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2009
2132 posts
480 upvotes
Kelowna
allawi wrote: Alternatively, check out Sennheiser 4.50NBTC, it's on sale for $119 on Amazon right now.

It's closed-back, wireless, and noise-cancelling. The only downside (IMO) is comfort but if you're fine with the M50 then this should work for you.
I can't decide which one i want, so I'm going to order both and compare them! I need something different for the office that isn't earbuds.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1078 posts
648 upvotes
Canada
Sinyk wrote: I can't decide which one i want, so I'm going to order both and compare them! I need something different for the office that isn't earbuds.
For office you probably want closed back or people will be able to hear what you're listening to.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2009
2132 posts
480 upvotes
Kelowna
Flames wrote: For office you probably want closed back or people will be able to hear what you're listening to.
I changed my order and also went with the Sony WH-CH700N (3 pairs to try!). It's a good thing that amazon lets you return used headphones. I almost ordered the Sony's for pickup from London Drugs, but they don't accept headphone returns apparently.
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2009
907 posts
417 upvotes
Ireland
Don’t think I can ever go back to using the tangled headphones anymore after going wireless and Bluetooth.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
1181 posts
341 upvotes
joe77 wrote: I am looking at he4xx, these, or the 6xx, or HD 58x. what is the best sound for the money? More gaming focused than anything else. Currently do not have a dedicated sound card as my old one doesn't fit new x570 board. I currently have the Samson sr850. I have large ears and dont find my current x900 sony noise cancelling all that comfortable.
If you can get the Hifiman HE400’s for a decent price, go for them. I currently use the HD600’s, and have owned an array of $500ish range headphones. While I can’t speak about the high end hifi stuff from Audeze, I would say that nothing in this range beats planar magnetics. The HE400’s are just way more exciting than any of the Sennheiser 5’s. I owned the Denon D2000s at the time I purchased the HE400’s, and I actually ended up selling the Denons. From all that I’ve read on the 599’s, they seem to be identical, or in the very least similar to the 598s, which is great at its price of $100ish on sale, but a bit too neutral for my taste.

The Hifimans will give you that little bit of oomph lacking in these.
Newbie
Feb 17, 2019
60 posts
36 upvotes
I got 1 before I saw this post, hope it is good. :)

Top