Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser HD 4.5 BT (249 - 130 = $119)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 11:25 pm
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
283 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser HD 4.5 BT (249 - 130 = $119)

The 4.5s just hit a new all time low today (by $10). Great budget pair of cans with ANC
14 replies
Jul 11, 2004
257 posts
149 upvotes
Montreal
Matrx wrote: Any rfd'er reviews? I'm thinking of picking one up.
If you have a wide head avoid! They clamp HARD and gave me headaches if worn over 30min. I tried changing the pads to something softer & thicker and it didn't help.
Nov 19, 2007
30 posts
70 upvotes
windsor, on
Chaseme wrote: If you have a wide head avoid! They clamp HARD and gave me headaches if worn over 30min. I tried changing the pads to something softer & thicker and it didn't help.
Seconded, wearing them was some kind of german head torture.
Nov 16, 2015
598 posts
1124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chaseme wrote: If you have a wide head avoid! They clamp HARD and gave me headaches if worn over 30min. I tried changing the pads to something softer & thicker and it didn't help.
any suggestions for those with bigger craniums?

i was considering the Sony-WH-CH700N

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-WH-CH700N-Ca ... B079GPFLT1

Note: rtings.com as part of their reviews they measure "clamping force" of headphones.
Feb 25, 2015
31 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
lol amazon advertising their shitty $19 headphones next to these
Jul 7, 2014
21 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I have them at work and love them. The sound is good but a lot of the time I just leave them quiet with the noise cancelling on to get rid of the ambient noise in our office.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
283 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
inonusin wrote: Seconded, wearing them was some kind of german head torture.
Yeah, that's what I heard as well. It's definitely a tighter clamp, but I heard that it wears in. You can also stretch it out by having it clamp on to a thicker object that isn't your head
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2666 posts
1850 upvotes
Parksville, BC
How do these sound compared to the 598SE's?
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
283 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
flopticalcube wrote: How do these sound compared to the 598SE's?
I would put them in different categories in utilization.

598s are open-backed with no isolation. Trebles and highs are better, but worse bass.

I went with the 4.5 because of an ANC option + closed back
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5581 posts
1984 upvotes
inonusin wrote: Seconded, wearing them was some kind of german head torture.
lol how is head torture exclusive to Germans? I mean, just listening to Carly Rae Jepsen...that's Canadian head torture...
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jul 11, 2004
257 posts
149 upvotes
Montreal
Andyc416 wrote: any suggestions for those with bigger craniums?

i was considering the Sony-WH-CH700N

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-WH-CH700N-Ca ... B079GPFLT1

Note: rtings.com as part of their reviews they measure "clamping force" of headphones.
Well odd you bring those up. I sold the 4.5s and switched to WH-CH700Ns. WAY more comfortable and easier to wear long-term. Love them personally.
Jul 17, 2012
759 posts
334 upvotes
Kamloops
pretty good at this price. for all the technology they put in. i saw headphone bar open box sells for more than this and sold pretty quickly.

i had senheiser from crappy 30 bucks ones that found at yard sale for 5 bucks over the ear model to hd800 and even that crappy one sounds really good for what it is. main thing about these wireless is comfort. i have audeze mobius and that one has small cup and it's not comfortable. this looks have medium size cups. don't want to touch ear with any headphones.
Nov 16, 2015
598 posts
1124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chaseme wrote: Well odd you bring those up. I sold the 4.5s and switched to WH-CH700Ns. WAY more comfortable and easier to wear long-term. Love them personally.
thanks, good to know.
Feb 1, 2014
51 posts
6 upvotes
I'd appreciate a quick opinion. In terms of sound quality, which is better: Audio Technica ATH-M50XBT OR Sennheiser HD 4.50 ?

Thanks.