Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sennheiser HD 560 S $191.59 HOT

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 2:47 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1304 posts
1546 upvotes
COQUITLAM
djemzine wrote: Can these pads be changed? They attract too much dirt, fuzz and such. I prefer the pads on the WH1000XM3 for example.
Yes, replace them with the same pads used in the 5XX series.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote: Yes, replace them with the same pads used in the 5XX series.
I have the HD 558 and they came with the same pads as this one. The felt/velcro/ whatever they're called pads lol. Not the "leather" ones.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
For anyone wondering, they're not BETTER than HD 598's or 599's. They're just 'different' and sort of in that same class for over ear headphone. Some people prefer the more accurate soundstage of these while others prefer the deeper bass and acoustica of the 598.

The HD 6XX and HD8XX is where you see the differentiation and obvious audio differences and even then, some people say they like the 598's better than the 660 which I think is likely incorrect. Solid headphones though their consumer line was just purchased by hearing aid maker Sonova. Time will tell how it affects new variants or quality.
Sep 8, 2007
565 posts
652 upvotes
shnukms wrote: This is what I have did I just had an adapter to stick inside the hole to extend the female 3.5mm port so you don't have to stick the vmoda all the way in. There are instructions folks can google I followed the one in headfi.

But FYI seems nowadays there are aftermarket audio jacks that plug in the Senn it has the locking mechanism and provides a 3.5mm port for the vmoda.

Here is an example an adapter with the locking mechanism. I used this with the vmoda boom mic and my hd598

https://www.amazon.ca/KOKKIA-Versatile- ... ia+&sr=8-1
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
mvpBosh wrote: For gaming? Competitive FPS I'm assuming if you're using a vmoda boom pro. Some people have the HD 560S over the new PC38x for competitive FPS. The PC38x is widely regarded as a top pick for gaming headset/headphone and the HD 560 S is at least on par/is better for certain types of games/sound preferences.
How is this compared to the PC38X? I can't decide between the two.
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Sep 6, 2016
19 posts
46 upvotes
yoshim wrote: How is this compared to the PC38X? I can't decide between the two.
HD 560S is much better in pure sound quality, PC38X if you absolutely need a headset mic
Aug 14, 2019
418 posts
527 upvotes
much thx OP, been waiting for these since launch. Fantastic price! Can't wait to receive them. Currently using HD599.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2416 posts
363 upvotes
NB
How are these compared to the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5602 posts
2551 upvotes
Kitchener
I want to get these, buy my 10+ years old beige 598 is still going strong and I even have a bnib 598se as backup that I bought before 599s came out.

I don't find Dolby Headphone virtual 3D working well with the 598.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Nov 15, 2009
620 posts
168 upvotes
GTA
Astudious wrote:
HD 560S is much better in pure sound quality, PC38X if you absolutely need a headset mic
yoshim wrote: How is this compared to the PC38X? I can't decide between the two.
**From what I’ve read** The HD560s is technically better but the PC38X is more tuned for gaming (directional footsteps, bass).
The hd560s also might struggle being powered off a controller so you may need an amp while the pc38x should work with anything.
Oct 1, 2017
181 posts
320 upvotes
This overkill for Spotify?

Suppose I'd need a USB C dongle for my phone too?
Jan 19, 2021
24 posts
15 upvotes
I'll wait till it gets down to about 12 bucks. Considering the rate their price is dropping daily.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1304 posts
1546 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Cronenbergers wrote: This overkill for Spotify?

Suppose I'd need a USB C dongle for my phone too?
No it's fine for Spotify.

If your phone doesn't have a 3.5mm port, yes, you'll need a USB-C dongle. If you're on iphone, just use the official Apple 3.5mm to USB-C adapter. Don't use that adapter on Android because it's not fully supported.
Mar 4, 2021
9 posts
4 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: For anyone wondering, they're not BETTER than HD 598's or 599's. They're just 'different' and sort of in that same class for over ear headphone. Some people prefer the more accurate soundstage of these while others prefer the deeper bass and acoustica of the 598.

The HD 6XX and HD8XX is where you see the differentiation and obvious audio differences and even then, some people say they like the 598's better than the 660 which I think is likely incorrect. Solid headphones though their consumer line was just purchased by hearing aid maker Sonova. Time will tell how it affects new variants or quality.
You're wrong. Where are you getting this from?

This guy has a pretty good starter template for the headphone tiers:
https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/

I own the 599's and the 560s is a MUCH better headphone.
Mar 18, 2008
550 posts
221 upvotes
kingreginald3rd wrote: You're wrong. Where are you getting this from?

This guy has a pretty good starter template for the headphone tiers:
https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/

I own the 599's and the 560s is a MUCH better headphone.

I agree with Harold91. They're both about the same when it comes to technicalities. It just comes down to preferences in sound signature.
Mar 4, 2021
9 posts
4 upvotes
mopex wrote: I agree with Harold91. They're both about the same when it comes to technicalities. It just comes down to preferences in sound signature.
Aha, right on man.
Jan 22, 2013
311 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
Harold91 wrote: For anyone wondering, they're not BETTER than HD 598's or 599's. They're just 'different' and sort of in that same class for over ear headphone. Some people prefer the more accurate soundstage of these while others prefer the deeper bass and acoustica of the 598.

When would you recommend 599s over 560s and vice versa? Don't know a ton about technicalities, but looking for a good fps and listening to spotify headset.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1304 posts
1546 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Janerator wrote: When would you recommend 599s over 560s and vice versa? Don't know a ton about technicalities, but looking for a good fps and listening to spotify headset.
599 is more warm and 560s is more neutral.

599 emphasis more on bass while the 560s tries not to emphasis anything so everything is more clear since nothing is being drowned out.

It's really preference.