Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser HD 599 SE Special Edition - $129.95 - Deal of the Day

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 11:23 am
[OP]
Member
May 5, 2014
372 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser HD 599 SE Special Edition - $129.95 - Deal of the Day

Last edited by dioxide on Dec 2nd, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4814 posts
2646 upvotes
M-Arkham
It's not black friday weekend without an Amazon Sennheiser HD 59x deal

Alright, who wanna explain to everybody on what is different about this Sennheiser HD 599 SE compared to previous Sennheiser HD 59x(HD 598 CS?) being peddled on previous black friday?
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Dec 2nd, 2019 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
[OP]
Member
May 5, 2014
372 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Brewmeanie wrote: It's not black friday weekend without an Amazon Sennheiser HD 59x deal
As is tradition.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 28, 2019
11 posts
5 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: It's not black friday weekend without an Amazon Sennheiser HD 59x deal

Alright, who wanna explain to everybody on what is different about this Sennheiser HD 599 SE compared to previous Sennheiser HD 59x(HD 598 CS?) being peddled on previous black friday?
Looks like the glossy trim parts went from black to silver. Conveniently that's the reverse for regular HD4.50 to Special Edition.

Still wearing my HD 598 Special Edition from 2015 right now.
[OP]
Member
May 5, 2014
372 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
saproling wrote: Looks like the glossy trim parts went from black to silver. Conveniently that's the reverse for regular HD4.50 to Special Edition.

Still wearing my HD 598 Special Edition from 2015 right now.
Still wearing mine that I got from their prime day in 2017. It's one of my better purchases. You cannot beat Sennheiser's quality,
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2008
982 posts
313 upvotes
Vancouver
I am a long time lover of Sennheiser's sound signature and comfort. Have had the OG ugly beige HD598 from 2011 and the SE version from the 2015 BF sale. I do wear them every day, but there are definitely some quality issues i think with the original and SE, that it looks like they fixed a bit with this 599. The first is the headband pad; on both versions i've had it crack in the middle and peel at its corners. The second are the pads; very comfortable, but on the SE, i've had the velour tear from the plastic interior, i didn't do anything to it, just looked one day and it was loose. Currently contemplating replacement pads or just using my HD6XX, which i prefer more for most things besides gaming.
Member
Jul 27, 2014
337 posts
188 upvotes
Montreal, QC
How do these compare to my 2008 555s?
Jr. Member
Feb 7, 2017
115 posts
60 upvotes
I got these 599's last time it was at this price. I returned them back to amazon because they too sounded similar to my 598's, actually I like the older ones better a little, not sure why.

I just got the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's when they went for $168 on amazon last week. I think they're some better things about those cans and will keep them, but I still like my 598.
Member
Apr 11, 2011
234 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
pchiggy wrote: I got these 599's last time it was at this price. I returned them back to amazon because they too sounded similar to my 598's, actually I like the older ones better a little, not sure why.

I just got the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's when they went for $168 on amazon last week. I think they're some better things about those cans and will keep them, but I still like my 598.
Thanks, I got the HD 558 so I will skip these as well, the jubilee hd 58x are tempting too but at 200$ CAD + duties ... not so sure ... https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennhei ... headphones
Newbie
Aug 10, 2017
84 posts
24 upvotes
Had 598 model, but for me hifiman 400i sound way more exciting, they are in similar price range.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 26, 2014
512 posts
533 upvotes
Ontario
Great value for those that have never owned one of these. But yeah if you do have 598 model, don't bother with this 599 model. The differences are negligible. The bass in 599 model is only a little bit better than 598. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1389 posts
491 upvotes
JohnMarston wrote: Thanks, I got the HD 558 so I will skip these as well, the jubilee hd 58x are tempting too but at 200$ CAD + duties ... not so sure ... https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennhei ... headphones
If you are a new signup, you can get the hd58x for $130usd shipped, which is about $175cnd. The dicey part comes when they cross the border tho... You'll probably get hit with duties, and guessing what those will be is kinda luck(iv heard $40, but since these are being sold at $115usd retail price, it *might* be lower? The $40 estimate was back when they were $150usd.)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)