• Oct 30th, 2016 12:28 am
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9106 posts
4072 upvotes
Toronto
saraba1st wrote: Is it good for gym?
The hell are you using $350 earphones in the gym? Use a $50 pair since they'll be ruined by sweat.
Jul 23, 2011
731 posts
2205 upvotes
Ottawa
I have been watching these for a while.

My plan of attack is to purchase these within a 30 day window of black Friday and cyber Monday incasr they drop lower and return them to Amazon.

According to CCC, they have been dropping lower and lower. Trend supports a further decrease however, even at this price it is a good deal.

Thx for the update OP :)
Jul 23, 2011
731 posts
2205 upvotes
Ottawa
Jefferychan33 wrote:
cain2589 wrote:
Buy the yurbuds currently on at the source for $10 for the gym.

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audio-and ... /108040204
I've read some bad reviews on the yurbuds 100, some saying that they are worse than stock earbuds. But YMMV.
I have the 200's and just bought a bunch of 100's for Xmas gifts around the office at this price. Great gift ideas.

But, it`s all about relativity here. It depends on the stock headphones but the point here is "for the gym". These do not fall out! Sound quality is not audiophile quality, but coming from someone who has over 15 pairs of headphones, they serve their purpose of being a durable, gym worth pair of headphones, which was what the user asked for
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
$350 for earbuds, that's steep. Yeah, I know don't judge a book by it's cover. But my last $150 Byerdynamic buds sounded alright for $50 (which is what the sale was when everyone jumped on it 6 months ago) but showed intermittent static within just 3 months of use, likely due to an internally frayed cable and I used them gently.Just how "interchangeable" is the cable on these buds? Is it proprietary and if so, how much does it cost?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3877 posts
2800 upvotes
Calgary
got this 2yrs ago at an amazon lightning sale for $229 but ended up returning it cos I had a hard time with correct fit (for me). based on memory, the ie80's has the quintessential sennheiser warmth without the scalpel like steeliness of some highend cans - basically tuned for enjoyment & musicality rather than absolute precision & transparency. I did enjoy it when I could get a good fit/seal.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3877 posts
2800 upvotes
Calgary
LukieC wrote: ....Just how "interchangeable" is the cable on these buds? Is it proprietary and if so, how much does it cost?
earpiece connectors are proprietary but replacement cables are easy to be had both on ebay & specialty sites with prices ranging from $xx - $xxx for high end pure 7n silver cables.

ps: for those with a need to know, yes I can hear the difference btwn different cables.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
scotsum wrote: got this 2yrs ago at an amazon lightning sale for $229 but ended up returning it cos I had a hard time with correct fit (for me). based on memory, the ie80's has the quintessential sennheiser warmth without the scalpel like steeliness of some highend cans - basically tuned for enjoyment & musicality rather than absolute precision & transparency. I did enjoy it when I could get a good fit/seal.
Yeah, a good fit and seal is so important especially with buds. Those Bayerdynamic I mentioned above bugged me to no end slipping looser in the ear until I fitted them with the smallest ear piece and it was great...until the cable static noise started to happen. So the earpiece connectors connect to any standard audio cable? That's a nice earbud design that I may just think about. I love when music sounds just right to me, but as a beginner audiophile on an audio budget I'm vacillating between these or the totally different V-MODA Crossfade M-100. The M-100 probably have more power and sound stage feel (that's an assumption as I haven't tried either), but over the past few years I wear more buds for portability in different environments.
Last edited by LukieC on Oct 27th, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 24, 2007
325 posts
97 upvotes
British Columbia
cain2589 wrote:

Hmm, why are they showing up as 29.99? I really want some for $10, heh. And what's with the affiliate link? Is that allowed here?
Last edited by Devony on Oct 27th, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 23, 2011
731 posts
2205 upvotes
Ottawa
Devony wrote:
cain2589 wrote:

Hmm, why are they showing up as 29.99? I really want some for $10, heh.
Sorry. It was a 48 hour sale. Must have just ended.

Expect them to be back on sale in a few weeks. They were on sale 2 weeks ago at $12.96 and dropped to $9.96 for this sale. As long as they still have stock (which they do) it will most likely be part of the sale.

Same thing happened to the JBL E-10 Synchros. They were $25.96 2 weeks ago on sale, and dropped to $19.96 for this sale. I know because I got them during both sale and got price protection.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1856 posts
1405 upvotes
Vancouver
I got these for $219 Cad from NCIX during the 2014 Cyber Monday sale. Amazing earphones that I would not mind paying 319 for. The only bad thing is the stiff stock cable, but I bought a cheap braided replacement for $20 or so. A lot more "fun" than my UE900.
Mar 15, 2007
267 posts
170 upvotes
Paying that much for wired IEMs feels wrong these days.
Nov 25, 2006
43 posts
10 upvotes
Not impressed at all.
My last pair was Weston 4r, and a few other ones half the price. I must say the soundstage and details are very much missing or are at par with much cheaper iems.
For that price point I thought they missed most of the points that make a good one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6914 posts
5824 upvotes
Burlington
Variability wrote:
The hell are you using $350 earphones in the gym? Use a $50 pair since they'll be ruined by sweat.
lol. he's just trying to showoff, he doesn't do gym at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2030 posts
810 upvotes
Scarborough
dirtymef421 wrote: Paying that much for wired IEMs feels wrong these days.
How else would you get quality sound from IEMs unless they're wired?
Last edited by jono454 on Oct 30th, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
Variability wrote:
Maybe he uses a pair of KSE1500 as his daily drivers. So this, in comparison, may make sense.

(I use a pair of SE535 for the gym...SE846 on the go. To each their own.)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)