• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 2:34 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2014
542 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless Headphone $199.97

those are pretty good wireless headphones. ANC is not the best but the sound quality is bomb. All time low on amazon.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4311 posts
3283 upvotes
Ottawa
ANC is ok, drowns out airplane noise adequately. Build quality and sound blow Bose out of the water.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12057 posts
19274 upvotes
Konowl wrote: ANC is ok, drowns out airplane noise adequately. Build quality and sound blow Bose out of the water.
That’s one opinion .
Apr 21, 2012
454 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
I bought the first generation of these around 5 years ago. They've held up well and are still my daily headset at work. I think Bluetooth may have stopped working but I don't use it. I have the around ear version which I'd recommend. I find them to be pretty comfortable but that depends on ear size. The noise cancellation on airplanes is amazing. I don't think mine can be on while charging but they can still be used if 3.5mm headset jack is used. They may have fixed that. I bought for around $500. At $200 I'd buy again if the original died.
Jan 4, 2012
57 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Does it support AAC? I've been reading mixed info over this.
Aug 22, 2007
101 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I thoroughly tested these a couple years ago against the Bose QC35s and the Sony MDR x1000, and overall I found the ANC to be a little worse than either Sony or Bose, and sound quality wise was comparable to the MDR x1000, both of which blew the QC35s out of the water for any music with any low end nuance.

But that was a few years ago when they were all I roughly the same price range, given that this is like half the price of the current gen MDR line I'd say this is a great deal.
Mar 6, 2019
63 posts
38 upvotes
Center of the Univer…
How do these compare to something like the Sony XM3s? Been itching to pull the trigger on the XM3s for a while - missed the last sales in Nov, wondering how this compares.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4311 posts
3283 upvotes
Ottawa
stephroll wrote: That’s one opinion .
I see you understand how the internet works and how many altering opinions come together for discussion. Golf clap.

I haven't heard the new sony ones, and they get great reviews. I did listen to Bose and wasn't overly impressed by the build quality or sound. However the noise cancelling was fantastic.

Of course, just one opinion.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21569 posts
156960 upvotes
GTA
Great price - this even beats Perkopolis pricing ($209.99).
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1787 posts
651 upvotes
Calgary
Dem some ugly headphones...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2153 posts
859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Konowl wrote: I see you understand how the internet works and how many altering opinions come together for discussion. Golf clap.

I haven't heard the new sony ones, and they get great reviews. I did listen to Bose and wasn't overly impressed by the build quality or sound. However the noise cancelling was fantastic.

Of course, just one opinion.
one opinion shared by many. it's probably the consensus about Bose. great ANC but everything else is decent. for the premium asking price, may not be worth it but a 40% off? totally worth it. it all comes down to what you are looking for and what will be the use. if one wants great ANC, they may have to stay away from Sennheiser and go towards Bose or Sony. if they want good sound quality, they may go towards Sennheiser and Sony depending on what signature sound they like best
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14186 posts
5386 upvotes
Ottawa
I would say these are worth it for $200, but I didn't actually find they sounded that great. Definitely not as good as my wired Sennheiser Momentum 2. When you turn on the active mode with ANC, they sound a bit loose. The new model Momentum 3 sounds a lot more even and neutral, and the ANC is better.

I'm still waiting on my Drop Pandas, they aren't ANC but could be a game changer,
Last edited by warpdrive on May 17th, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4311 posts
3283 upvotes
Ottawa
sumtimw0ng wrote: one opinion shared by many. it's probably the consensus about Bose. great ANC but everything else is decent. for the premium asking price, may not be worth it but a 40% off? totally worth it. it all comes down to what you are looking for and what will be the use. if one wants great ANC, they may have to stay away from Sennheiser and go towards Bose or Sony. if they want good sound quality, they may go towards Sennheiser and Sony depending on what signature sound they like best
Yup if I found a pair of Bose for 40 percent off I'd consider it for the plane just for the anc. Don't think you often find the latest Bose that cheap though.
Dec 18, 2010
495 posts
342 upvotes
Vancouver
I love that Sennheisers have multipoint support for easy switching between devices, something the Sony’s don’t. I had the first gen of these and loved them for that. Have since switched to the Bose QC35’s and find them much more comfortable for longer wearing periods.