Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds $291.53 (lowest according to CCC)

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 3:23 am
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
285 posts
206 upvotes
Oakville

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds $291.53 (lowest according to CCC)

Got a notice that Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds are at their lowest price according to CCC at $319.58 [Edit May 14 2021: they are lower now at $291.53]

Tempted because I hear the sound quality is very good.

I am using Jabra Elite Active 75t's now.

Sony Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds are only $198 though and although not waterproof I hear have good sound too
https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-WF-1000XM3-I ... 180&sr=8-7

But then I read Sony is releasing their next gen version of these soon, I think WF-1000XM4?

Anyway seems like an opportunity for anyone who was considering the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2's (like myself).
Images
  • CCC.JPG
Last edited by artemis_xxx on May 14th, 2021 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
On the market for some headphones? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best wireless earbuds!
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
I could not, for the life of me, get the original model to stay in my ear. It relies on wedging itself into cartilage and my ear was just too small. I wonder if this model is any better, from the photos, I'm not optimistic.
Sep 26, 2016
178 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Generally regarded as uncomfortable, with a mediocre battery life even by truly wireless earbud standards. As this price, I'd sooner recommend the WF-1000XM3 for general listening & Galaxy Buds+ for the gym.
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
Jan 21, 2008
197 posts
218 upvotes
I jumped on the Amazon Business sign up credit deal and used that to get this a few weeks back. Since the credit could only be towards items at are fulfilled by Amazon.

Is it a little uncomfortable? It will if you don't have the right fit of ear tips. I admit I had to go through a lot of tips than I'm used to to get the right fit and sound.

At end it was worth it, can't go back to listening music and watching movies on Airpods Pros anymore.

I still prefer the sound of my FiiO FH7 but just barely as this comes so close on all aspects, though it wins in bass.

However these are just so convenient to put on than an IEM so I tend to reach for them.

Only one issue I have is that the advertised battery life is either exaggerated or is for scenarios where you have lower volume and ANC off. As well as you can't use the left earbud on its own as opposed to Airpods Pros being one-budded on either ear (like if you wanted to charge one while using the other).

So for work calls I still pick up the App rather than these.
Sep 5, 2017
115 posts
131 upvotes
Halifax
So I love these the sound is impeccable, possibly among the best for ear buds. Good Battery Life. The noise cancelling isn't the best but I use by over ears when I want that. The problem... pairing with apple products. It is atrocious. I fumble trying to get them to connect before a run. Trying to change between Mac and iPhone is a nightmare. Turning bluetooth off on my computer putting the buds back in the case then out and reconnecting to iPhone. Phone calls are zoom calls are just as bad.

I have no idea why since my Momentum 3 and 2 over ear have always been great.
Jan 21, 2008
197 posts
218 upvotes
AndrewN448399 wrote: So I love these the sound is impeccable, possibly among the best for ear buds. Good Battery Life. The noise cancelling isn't the best but I use by over ears when I want that. The problem... pairing with apple products. It is atrocious. I fumble trying to get them to connect before a run. Trying to change between Mac and iPhone is a nightmare. Turning bluetooth off on my computer putting the buds back in the case then out and reconnecting to iPhone. Phone calls are zoom calls are just as bad.

I have no idea why since my Momentum 3 and 2 over ear have always been great.
Have you tried the new firmware update? They improved the switching between two Bluetooth connections.
Sep 5, 2017
115 posts
131 upvotes
Halifax
shnukms wrote: Have you tried the new firmware update? They improved the switching between two Bluetooth connections.
Thanks! Going to check this out. Updating now!
Also realized the ANC had been switched off... wow have I ever been misusing these buds....
May 7, 2017
25 posts
23 upvotes
I bought these at $320 several months ago. I'm an audiophile, and have a number of Sennheiser products that I've liked, but much as I wanted to like these, I wouldn't recommend them. They do sound very good, but my expectation for them was to use them against multiple devices and for multiple use cases. In practice, there were a lot of failures.
PC: Complete failure, wrong profile employed so audio just sounds like garbage, went back to Jabra headset
IOS Phone/Music: GREAT. Zero complaints, and I typically listen to 16 & 24 bit FLAC, which downgrades some due to bluetooth, nonetheless I'm happy there for a wireless solution
IOS Phone/Calls: Hit and Miss. Mic stops working during calls, lots of times I end up switching them off
IOS Phone/Car Calls: Stopped using, both for the calls problem above, as well as there seem to be some additional problems when I only run one of the two buds (only one is legal in BC for driving, I think its that way for much if not all of Canada).
TV (LG OLED65CX): Fail, but could be the TV. From 10 feet away I'm constantly getting spotty connection

Additional: Pass-through mode colours the external sounds so much that its difficult to actually interpret the sound, so its not practically useful. Ie if I'm shopping and listening to music or a podcast I put on passthrough, but about a month ago I had a lady start talking to me in the aisle, and I was oblivious because I couldn't tell with passthrough. I *saw* her talking to me and then pulled the buds out.

I hope that helps someone!
Jun 8, 2012
248 posts
61 upvotes
I have these and I love them! One of the best sound quality you can get in true wireless earbuds.

Fits perfect, never falls even when jogging but ymmv. Battery is average and anc is fair. However I don't wear them more than 4 5 hours at a time so its not a concern for me. While ANC with passive noice blocking that comes with these type of earbuds anyway is good enough for me. 8/10.
May 24, 2020
27 posts
14 upvotes
Everyone's ears are shaped and sized differently but these fall out of my ears when I chew. It's quite annoying and yes, I have tried the different ear tips but no, I do not want to pay more money for foam ear tips when these already cost a lot.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1601 posts
3465 upvotes
The price seems to be now $295.13.
Images
  • D41859CA-A86E-4E51-8082-E62632F64955.png
Oct 22, 2013
638 posts
71 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Jep4444 wrote: I could not, for the life of me, get the original model to stay in my ear. It relies on wedging itself into cartilage and my ear was just too small. I wonder if this model is any better, from the photos, I'm not optimistic.
Yeah I had the same issue with the original model as well and these look like they would probably fit the same way.

I did really enjoy the sound quality of them though so that was my only complaint —- if they fit my ears better I would consider buying a pair of these.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
AJxCorrigan wrote: Yeah I had the same issue with the original model as well and these look like they would probably fit the same way.

I did really enjoy the sound quality of them though so that was my only complaint —- if they fit my ears better I would consider buying a pair of these.
Hard to enjoy the sound quality when you can't get any bass because they won't stay in. :/
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
285 posts
206 upvotes
Oakville
Thank you all for your reviews. I may pull the trigger since they lowered the price even more! Still waffling...
I am really thinking of these for sound quality if I want to listen with higher quality sound then i'll use them. Maybe if travelling (when we can do that again). I'll use the Jabras for work calls or exercise or where sound quality isn't so important and they pair easily.

I also read about Cambridge Audio Melomania TOuch ear buds which are only around $179 i think and the reviews I've seen praise it's sound and i saw a youtube video where someone felt they liked the Melomania Touch more than the Sennheiser Momentum 2... not sure you can believe just one review but interesting if someone can consider them close, I suppose. Has anyone experienced the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch?
https://www.techradar.com/news/cambridg ... ttery-life

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)