Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4163 posts
9811 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Sennheiser OCX 686i SPORTS headset -- $43.95

Images
  • 71Tm2qkqdSL._SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 23rd, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit; added details
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
17 replies
Sep 18, 2016
189 posts
215 upvotes
Seems decent, please note that this version is for Apple devices. The inline controls won't work on Android devices.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10430 posts
6939 upvotes
Not a "headset".

(Google Image Search for "headset"...those are headsets)
Jul 27, 2014
657 posts
447 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Really considering ordering these but they're sooooo ugly
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1941 posts
1479 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Don’t like the color but it’s an awesome deal indeed!
Mar 7, 2011
108 posts
172 upvotes
Ottawa
Online reviews say these should be a good pair of headphones for the gym but aren't bass heavy if that's what you're looking for in a headset. Camel3 lists this price as the lowest ever and the average price is $105. Amazon could just be trying to clear old stock.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1941 posts
1479 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SkimGuy wrote: Has anyone bought these before? I usually trust Sennheiser's quality but the price seems too good to be true.
I have a similar one I bought from winners, can’t remember the exact price but close to this price
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9760 posts
1260 upvotes
GTA
I recommend people consider getting a cheap bluetooth headset from Amazon instead if you want to use it for the gym otherwise be very careful when using a wired headset with your own device. I used to use a wired one and a couple of times I snagged the cable on something causing the device to crash to the floor even though I was being pretty careful. I have since switched to bluetooth headsets. I got one pair that are very similar in colour to the one shown in this pic for less than $20.00 (don't think that particular model it is still available)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16945 posts
1788 upvotes
Thornhill
My work earbuds are Sennheisers so I sorta trust them. I ordered the OCX 686i because of this thread, then ordered the PMX 686i this afternoon.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Apr 2, 2013
572 posts
569 upvotes
Barrie
YLSF wrote: I recommend people consider getting a cheap bluetooth headset from Amazon instead if you want to use it for the gym otherwise be very careful when using a wired headset with your own device. I used to use a wired one and a couple of times I snagged the cable on something causing the device to crash to the floor even though I was being pretty careful. I have since switched to bluetooth headsets. I got one pair that are very similar in colour to the one shown in this pic for less than $20.00 (don't think that particular model it is still available)
I hear this. Happened multiple times with multiple devices (phone, iPod nano(s)) and can totally attest to this. Especially with freeweight bench press. Almost inevitable!
May 26, 2017
57 posts
6 upvotes
Err, don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't buy $20 wired earbuds (unless it's on some ridiculous sale) let alone cheap Bluetooth IEMs. The crappy sound quality would make me want to throw my device before any wires has a chance to get caught on something... Even my (just under) $100 Bluetooth ear buds drive me nuts with its sound quality...
Otherwise I can totally understand the advise.