Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty Vacuum XL, Total Home Mapping with Room Select $399.99 (43% off)

Jan 1, 2021
451 posts
1437 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty Vacuum XL, Total Home Mapping with Room Select $399.99 (43% off)

List Price: $699.99
Price: $399.99
You Save: $300.00 (43%)
------------------------------------------------

Not sure how this is compared to Roomba's i7
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 31st, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best robot vacuums!
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1775 posts
2879 upvotes
Kingston
Goes on sale for this price frequently. If you can your hands on the Roboroc then do so. Also Wyze is something to look out for.
Aug 20, 2018
340 posts
1578 upvotes
Same price at Bestbuy.

I’ve got one of these, and I’ve found it really useful. No chance this replaces a traditional vacuum completely (in my opinion) but is a great supplement to drastically reduce the amount of time spent vacuuming.
May 15, 2008
246 posts
658 upvotes
This appears to be the older model without the floor tracker. You might want to pick a UR1010ARCA - R101AE which is the newer model with floor tracker for better navigation
Sep 28, 2009
441 posts
244 upvotes
Good if you have large open areas. If you have a layout with odd shapes, the mapping will take forever to complete. Other than that, had no issues for far in 2 years of ownership.
Aug 8, 2008
146 posts
40 upvotes
I bought the model from Costco (same price) a while back.

Works great. I love the auto-emptying bin.

The wheels are not hermetically sealed. I had a bounce sheet get stuck inside the wheel. Wheel would not turn. Since I could not return (because of the pandemic), I tried and succeeded in removing the wheel (and the sheet) using youtube but it was no fun

A few months later, it developed a high-pitch squeaky noise. I returned it.

I also have 2 roombas model 6XX. For the price, the Shark is so much better.

I may go for the i7+.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Any LIDAR units come with a self-empty station yet?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
i won one of these, but have no use for it as my home just isn’t really set up for it.

sighhh.
Mar 28, 2011
31 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
seafoodmwg wrote: i won one of these, but have no use for it as my home just isn’t really set up for it.

sighhh.
Sell it?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
jags_the1 wrote: Sell it?
trying! last person who was interested asked me the model number (r101) then stopped responding. based on this thread now i know why heh
Jul 8, 2019
117 posts
729 upvotes
seafoodmwg wrote: trying! last person who was interested asked me the model number (r101) then stopped responding. based on this thread now i know why heh
How much do you want for it?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
ACanadianPerson wrote: How much do you want for it?
edit: it's the r101c.

i initially asked $400 which i'm realizing is too much. now i'm thinking $300 is pretty fair? what do you guys think?

i had an offer for $300 a month ago and i didn't take it... D'OH!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1125 posts
1797 upvotes
Have the r101ae that Shark had a price error on a year or so ago for $200ish. Love this thing.

We had the Roomba before, and it was God awful. Hair would get stuck in rollers, you have to manually clean the garbage box every few days, it wasn't wifi connected.

The Shark has been miles better at a third of the cost. No hair gets stuck, the garbage thing gets emptied like once a month since it docks all the garbage into the home base, and it's wifi connected so can start and stop remotely (or let's me know if it gets stuck).

I don't use the floor map option, no need for me, but other than that this thing has been perfect.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
seafoodmwg wrote: edit: it's the r101c.

i initially asked $400 which i'm realizing is too much. now i'm thinking $300 is pretty fair? what do you guys think?

i had an offer for $300 a month ago and i didn't take it... D'OH!
update: sold for $400 today. yay! ☺️
Jun 20, 2015
701 posts
193 upvotes
Place
we bought this 2 months ago, the same price for our condo and we loved it.

one con is the mapping feature is bugged.

sometimes the robot doesn't go to where we wanted to go.
Good luck!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)