Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1394 posts
1386 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum - $279.99

Edit: Amazon deal is dead.

Update 4/24/2020
Sharkclean.com deal link: https://www.sharkclean.com/exclusive-of ... brushroll/

$50 OFF WITH PROMO CODE MOM50 bringing the price to $249.99 US but charged in CAD after it's been shipped -

See @rvs007's thread here for more information on why it's charged in CAD:
sharkclean-com-shark-rocket-pro-cordles ... v-2336289/

I have received mine and confirm $286 CAD was PENDING on my credit card but only $249.99 CAD got charged once delivered to me. No other fees, taxes, or charges from Sharkclean.com. See my review of my unit in post #84 of this thread. It's a very nice vaccum and does as advertised.

------
Original Post:

I've been on the hunt for this model for a while and it generally comes down to $329.99 (currently at Bed Bath and Beyond). Usually retails for $369 (HBC) and $399 (Walmart, Best Buy). This is a great vacuum if someone wants a cheaper (possibly better) alternative to Dyson V10. Reviews are very good: swapping in and out batteries is a plus, self cleaning head is great (especially for gf's long hair and the cat hair), run time is decent and very good suction power (see detailed review video).

Features of the PET PRO:
Powerful suction for whole-home cleaning: dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes
Self-cleaning brushroll with Dirt Engage technology allows nonstop removal of long hair and pet hair
Dirt Engage technology
Up to 40 minutes of runtime in Standard mode, measured at the hand vacuum. Removable battery can be charged in or out of the unit

Reviews:
The ULTIMATE Pet Hair SLAYER!! - Shark Rocket PET PRO Cordless Stick Vacuum

Unfortunately, Rakuten is not showing any discount for Amazon right now. ("Cash Back is Temporarily Unavailable. We're working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Check back soon!)
Last edited by georgecantstandya on Apr 24th, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
160 replies
Mar 25, 2006
632 posts
369 upvotes
According to camel_camel_camel, the price was $236.99 just a few months back (Dec 2019).
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4672 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can get this directly from Shark (sharkclean.com) for $299.99 plus $50 off with promo code bunny50 ($249.99) and you'll be charged in the equivalent amount in CAD$ and no tax. Also with free shipping, 60-day no hassle money back return policy, and 5-year warranty.

https://www.sharkclean.com/exclusive-of ... brushroll/

Being charged in CAD for the USD amount and no tax is well documented in previous Shark threads (mostly for the self-emptying robot vacuum, but I also posted one for the Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick (not the pet one but the other one with the flexible wand).
Last edited by rvs007 on Apr 9th, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5602 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote: You can get this directly from Shark (sharkclean.com) for $299.99 plus $50 off with promo code bunny50 ($249.99) and you'll be charged in the equivalent amount in CAD$ and no tax. Also with free shipping, 60-day no hassle money back return policy, and 5-year warranty.

ii don't think this is true...

i made the above order yesterday and contacted them today and they told me it will be in us dollars so i cancelled the order

and there was tax too...

came out to 282.xx
Last edited by Ducky on Apr 9th, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5602 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
georgecantstandya wrote: Shark IZ162HC Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum

I've been on the hunt for this model for a while and it generally comes down to $329.99 (currently at Bed Bath and Beyond). Usually retails for $369 (HBC) and $399 (Walmart, Best Buy). This is a great vacuum if someone wants a cheaper (possibly better) alternative to Dyson V10. Reviews are very good: swapping in and out batteries is a plus, self cleaning head is great (especially for gf's long hair and the cat hair), run time is decent and very good suction power (see detailed review video).

Just picked one up for myself.

Features of the PET PRO:
Powerful suction for whole-home cleaning: dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes
Self-cleaning brushroll with Dirt Engage technology allows nonstop removal of long hair and pet hair
Dirt Engage technology
Up to 40 minutes of runtime in Standard mode, measured at the hand vacuum. Removable battery can be charged in or out of the unit

Reviews:
The ULTIMATE Pet Hair SLAYER!! - Shark Rocket PET PRO Cordless Stick Vacuum

Unfortunately, Rakuten is not showing any discount for Amazon right now. ("Cash Back is Temporarily Unavailable. We're working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Check back soon!)
this exact model on Amazon was going for $255 yesterday.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4672 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ducky wrote: ii don't think this is true...

i made the above order yesterday and contacted them today and they told me it will be in us dollars so i cancelled the order
They may have fixed the loophole but I don't recall anyone saying that in the other threads. I wouldn't have contacted them because that would alert them of the loophole. Since it has a 60-day money back return policy, you can go through with the purchase and see if you end up getting charged tax and in U.S. dollars. From my experience buying 2 robot vacuums plus the cordless stick vacuum, all three purchases ended up with no tax and charged in CAD for the USD$ amount, not to mention they'll offer 20% off on top if you're unsatisfied with your purchase.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4672 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ducky wrote: ii don't think this is true...

and there was tax too...

came out to 282.xx
If you only made the purchase yesterday, it'll be too early for you to tell. The initial charge will have tax added (but would be in CAD$ for the same amount), but once the product ships, the initial charge gets refunded and a subsequent charge will show up with no tax.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5602 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote: If you only made the purchase yesterday, it'll be too early for you to tell. The initial charge will have tax added (but would be in CAD$ for the same amount), but once the product ships, the initial charge gets refunded and a subsequent charge will show up with no tax.
cuz i contacted them... and asked... I shouldn't need to wait for the cc charge to get an answer... don't want the hassle to return it....i clearly asked what currency and they told me American

i am aware of the previous loophole but that was awhile ago...

don't want to take risk today...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5602 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote: If you only made the purchase yesterday, it'll be too early for you to tell. The initial charge will have tax added (but would be in CAD$ for the same amount), but once the product ships, the initial charge gets refunded and a subsequent charge will show up with no tax.
past is past...

just stating what happened yesterday... there is tax... I'm in Ontario...
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4672 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ducky wrote: past is past...

just stating what happened yesterday... there is tax... I'm in Ontario...
The pricing & no tax loophole still exists as confirmed just recently in the other thread:

amazon-ca-amazon-costco-shark-robot-sel ... #p32341231

I'm not trying to convince you since it seems like you've already made up your mind but to the OP and other RFDers who might be interested in this vacuum, they can get it for $249.99CAD no tax & free shipping by purchasing through Sharkclean.com. They are also protected with a 60-day money back guarantee (as opposed to Amazon's 30-day return policy).
Oct 10, 2016
81 posts
42 upvotes
You are too kind lol. I wouldn't bother explaining all those to someone who doesn't listen.

My advice to the people who doesn't want the hassle is to pay the full price period.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5602 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote: The pricing & no tax loophole still exists as confirmed just recently in the other thread:

amazon-ca-amazon-costco-shark-robot-sel ... #p32341231

I'm not trying to convince you since it seems like you've already made up your mind but to the OP and other RFDers who might be interested in this vacuum, they can get it for $249.99CAD no tax & free shipping by purchasing through Sharkclean.com. They are also protected with a 60-day money back guarantee (as opposed to Amazon's 30-day return policy).
I'm not trying to convince anyone either... just stating my experience yesterday... if no one believes me...i don't care.... simple as that..lol
Dec 24, 2007
22 posts
rvs007 wrote: You can get this directly from Shark (sharkclean.com) for $299.99 plus $50 off with promo code bunny50 ($249.99) and you'll be charged in the equivalent amount in CAD$ and no tax. Also with free shipping, 60-day no hassle money back return policy, and 5-year warranty.

Being charged in CAD for the USD amount and no tax is well documented in previous Shark threads (mostly for the self-emptying robot vacuum, but I also posted one for the Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick (not the pet one but the other one with the flexible wand).
Are you sure they still offer free shipping. In the details and exclusions it says "international address are subject to a $25 surcharge"?

Do you know if we were to return the vacuum, do they pay for the return shipping and do they also refund the shipping fee? Some places do not refund shipping cost.

EDIT: I Just found this additional information under their return policy:

"Unless otherwise stated, shipping and handling charges are not refundable. You shall bear all expenses related to shipping charges on machines and/or parts."
"We reserve the right to include a 10% restocking fee, which would be deducted from your refund. Unless otherwise stated, we do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order."

You could be taking a gamble to try to return the item if you are charged in $USD.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12969 posts
4672 upvotes
Toronto, ON
insomniac_rfd wrote: Are you sure they still offer free shipping. In the details and exclusions it says "international address are subject to a $25 surcharge"?

Do you know if we were to return the vacuum, do they pay for the return shipping and do they also refund the shipping fee? Some places do not refund shipping cost.

EDIT: I Just found this additional information under their return policy:

"Unless otherwise stated, shipping and handling charges are not refundable. You shall bear all expenses related to shipping charges on machines and/or parts."
"We reserve the right to include a 10% restocking fee, which would be deducted from your refund. Unless otherwise stated, we do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order."

You could be taking a gamble to try to return the item if you are charged in $USD.
That exclusion has always been there but shipping has always been free and people who has returned their purchase have confirmed that the returns are free as well (returns are made to a warehouse in Quebec). Shark will provide you with a return shipping label and you drop off the package with the courier.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)