Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

SharkNinja BL620C Professional Blender | $99.99 (Nearly the lowest ever, short by $5)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 11:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1365 posts
3610 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] SharkNinja BL620C Professional Blender | $99.99 (Nearly the lowest ever, short by $5)

$5 higher than the lowest price ever, which was in September last year.

Last edited by michelangelo88 on Jul 4th, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
26 replies
Feb 22, 2015
482 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any decent priced blenders to buy for life? I have a Ninja and it is about to die after a good 5 years.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1563 posts
506 upvotes
Surrey
I purchased this a few weeks ago for $99.99. It does go lower down to 89, and has dropped to 79. But a solid product for this price if you need it now.

Edit: Sorry this is a different product, mine was just the smoothie version, and this seems to be a better product at this price.
Last edited by purplekush604 on Jul 3rd, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1563 posts
506 upvotes
Surrey
Nobles wrote: Are there any decent priced blenders to buy for life? I have a Ninja and it is about to die after a good 5 years.
Vitamix is on sale at Costco right now.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7313 posts
2309 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nobles wrote: Are there any decent priced blenders to buy for life? I have a Ninja and it is about to die after a good 5 years.
Oster versa
Feb 27, 2009
138 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
How are they compared with vitamix?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2392 posts
1488 upvotes
Burnaby
Got this exact model (for the exact same price and from amazon too!) over 2 years back (Jun 30 2018)

Still works as good as ever - excellent purchase!
Feb 14, 2005
834 posts
118 upvotes
I bought mine from Canadian Tire ($99.99 every so often) and it has been the best blender I've ever used, though I've never used a Vitamix before, so I gather that's better, but also at 4-5x the cost..
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2006
1018 posts
616 upvotes
St Johns
purplekush604 wrote: Vitamix is on sale at Costco right now.
Vitamix is not worth the price IMHO. I’m okay with buying a $100 blender every 3-4 years vs a Vitamix
Aug 23, 2011
604 posts
110 upvotes
WINNIPEG
tradinghumble wrote: Vitamix is not worth the price IMHO. I’m okay with buying a $100 blender every 3-4 years vs a Vitamix
Right? It’s like buying a shark vacuum vs a Miele vacuum.
Dec 28, 2006
744 posts
320 upvotes
My Ninja died after 5 years and I just replaced it a few weeks ago after doing a bunch of research. While the Ninja is great at crushing ice and makes a smoothie quickly, it leaves little bits of fruit and if you use something with seeds like pomegranate it doesn't get rid of them. So the smoothie is kind of gritty with certain ingredients. I decided I wanted I blender that would do a better job making a smoothie very smooth and that would hopefully last longer.

What I ended up getting was a Cuisinart Hurricane Pro. It seemed comparable in performance to some Vitamix models and fits nicely under my cuboards with the lid off. The best price I found for it was $278 at Visions; considerably more than a Ninja, but less than a Vitamix. The Ninja is a great bang for your buck blender, but I do find the Hurricane Pro does a better job of making very smooth smoothies. The only downside so far is it can warm them up because it's so powerful; so I add a couple ice cubes to keep the smoothie cold.

I was hesitant to spend as much on a blender as I did, but do use a blender several times a week; so if it does last longer with better results then I can live with the expense. I looked at several sites and videos, thought about it a few days and then finally pried my wallet open and bought it.

This is one of the sites I used for research: https://www.techgearlab.com/topics/kitc ... re#compare

I liked the idea of a more powerful motor and all metal drive. I did wish it was available at Costco in case anything goes wrong with it (it does have a limited 3 year manufacturer warranty and a 10 year warranty on the motor), but the best deal I could find was at Visions and Costco doesn't carry it: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... SVEALw_wcB

I'm happy with my purchase so far, but then came across this LivingBasics (same company as Primecables) Vitamix knockoff that's currently on sale for $99 that has a 1500W motor and all metal drive a few days ago: https://www.living.ca/p-371164-bl1015c- ... vingbasics

There aren't many reviews of that one, but it's pretty powerful and has an all metal drive. If you want to stay at around the $100 price point, I'd go for the LivingBasics Vitamix knockoff over the Ninja. From a value standpoint, I'd probably go for that over a Cuisinart Hurricane Pro as well; although it's taller and won't fit under most countertops unless you take the jar off (not just the lid like the Cuisinart) and it doesn't look as high end with the black plastic vs. the gunmetal look, but I suspect the performance would be pretty good based on the specs.

If I were going to get a Ninja again, I'd go for one of the models with the non-removable blades. The tall removable blades are great for crushing ice, but not as good for smoothies. When I was making my decision, this Ninja was one of the ones I considered: https://www.costco.ca/ninja-chef-blende ... 90807.html. It's more powerful at 1500W (vs. the 1100W of the blender the OP posted) and has better reviews than the tall blade style Ninjas, but is double the price at $199. It still doesn't have an all metal drive though and the Hurricane Pro was only $80 more and had better reviews so I went with that. If I'd known about the LivingBasics 1500W model with the all metal drive for just over $100, then I I likely would've picked that up instead though.

I should note that while reading the various blender reviews, many reviewers commented that the big Ninja jars with long blades were great for ice crushing, but didn't make smooth smoothies (I agree with this based on my experience), however; the personal sized cups with the smaller blades did a much better job with smoothies. I didn't have these cups with mine (I had the 1000W model with just the one big container) and the one listed in the first post does have these personal sized containers with smaller blades.
Last edited by althoma1 on Jul 4th, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 22, 2015
482 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
althoma1 wrote: My Ninja died after 5 years and I just replaced it a few weeks ago after doing a bunch of research. While the Ninja is great at crushing ice and makes a smoothie quickly, it leaves little bits of fruit and if you use something with seeds like pomegranate it doesn't get rid of them. So the smoothie is kind of gritty with certain ingredients. I decided I wanted I blender that would do a better job making a smoothie very smooth and that would hopefully last longer.

What I ended up getting was a Cuisinart Hurricane Pro. It seemed comparable in performance to some Vitamix models and fits nicely under my cuboards with the lid off. The best price I found for it was $278 at Visions; considerably more than a Ninja, but less than a Vitamix. The Ninja is a great bang for your buck blender, but I do find the Hurricane Pro does a better job of making very smooth smoothies. The only downside so far is it can warm them up because it's so powerful; so I add a couple ice cubes to keep the smoothie cold.

I was hesitant to spend as much on a blender as I did, but do use a blender several times a week; so if it does last longer with better results then I can live with the expense. I looked at several sites and videos, thought about it a few days and then finally pried my wallet open and bought it.

This is one of the sites I used for research: https://www.techgearlab.com/topics/kitc ... re#compare

I liked the idea of a more powerful motor and all metal drive. I did wish it was available at Costco in case anything goes wrong with it (it does have a limited 3 year manufacturer warranty and a 10 year warranty on the motor), but the best deal I could find was at Visions and Costco doesn't carry it: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... SVEALw_wcB

I'm happy with my purchase so far, but then came across this LivingBasics (same company as Primecables) Vitamix knockoff at Walmart.ca (third party seller) for $105 that has a 1500W motor and all metal drive a few days ago: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Variable-S ... UWCLO5URUR

There aren't many reviews of that one, but it's pretty powerful and has an all metal drive. If you want to stay at around the $100 price point, I'd go for the LivingBasics Vitamix knockoff over the Ninja. From a value standpoint, I'd probably go for that over a Cuisinart Hurricane Pro as well; although it's taller and won't fit under most countertops unless you take the jar off (not just the lid like the Cuisinart) and it doesn't look as high end with the black plastic vs. the gunmetal look, but I suspect the performance would be pretty good based on the specs.

If I were going to get a Ninja again, I'd go for one of the models with the non-removable blades. The tall removable blades are great for crushing ice, but not as good for smoothies. When I was making my decision, this Ninja was one of the ones I considered: https://www.costco.ca/ninja-chef-blende ... 90807.html. It's more powerful at 1500W (vs. the 1100W of the blender the OP posted) and has better reviews than the tall blade style Ninjas, but is double the price at $199. It still doesn't have an all metal drive though and the Hurricane Pro was only $80 more and had better reviews so I went with that. If I'd known about the LivingBasics 1500W model with the all metal drive for just over $100, then I I likely would've picked that up instead though.

I should note that while reading the various blender reviews, many reviewers commented that the big Ninja jars with long blades were great for ice crushing, but didn't make smooth smoothies (I agree with this based on my experience), however; the personal sized cups with the smaller blades did a much better job with smoothies. I didn't have these cups with mine (I had the 1000W model with just the one big container) and the one listed in the first post does have these personal sized containers with smaller blades.
Thank you for the detailed response!
Dec 28, 2006
744 posts
320 upvotes
Nobles wrote: Thank you for the detailed response!
No problem. I noticed that the LivingBasics blender is actually $99 directly through living.ca (it was higher the other day; so is probably on sale right now): https://www.living.ca/p-371164-bl1015c- ... vingbasics
My hesitation with that one would be no professional reviews. It's a good value based on the specs if it works well and you have no problems. It looks like it does have a 1 year warranty.

The Oster Versa 1400W has some good specs, but a bunch of people do seem to have a problem with the jar leaking after a while, but they do have a 7 year limited warranty (not sure what that covers though).
Last edited by althoma1 on Jul 11th, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1563 posts
506 upvotes
Surrey
althoma1 wrote: No problem. I noticed that the LivingBasics blender is actually $99 directly through living.ca (it was higher the other day; so is probably on sale right now): https://www.living.ca/p-371164-bl1015c- ... vingbasics
My hesitation with that one would be no professional reviews and there's no mention of any warranty. It's a good value based on the specs if it works well and you have no problems, but it'd be nice if it had at least a 1 year warranty (even the Ninja has that).

The Oster Versa 1400W has some good specs, but a bunch of people do seem to have a problem with the jar leaking after a while, but they do have a 7 year limited warranty (not sure what that covers though).
You make me want to switch over to the livingbasics model over the ninja. However, I came from an older nutri bullet, and the nutri ninja was working great. I ended up getting this model but will have to order the bigger 32 Oz cup. I have until Sunday to return my nutri ninja which im going to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)